Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Troubleshooting (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Wing Commander Privateer (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=27323)

Toofy 30-06-2011 09:31 PM

Wing Commander Privateer

Hey all, I downloaded the iso from the iso cellar and have been trying to install it using DosBox 0.74, when I try to install it (using DaemonTools to mount the iso) in the installation screen it does not allow me to change where I install it to, just tries to install to the CD drive and I cant change it, anyone know what I can do?

KrazeeXXL 01-07-2011 12:19 AM

I had the same problem with WC4.

It's some years ago but I'm pretty sure you needed a FAT32 partition to install it.

hunvagy 01-07-2011 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toofy (Post 429821)
Hey all, I downloaded the iso from the iso cellar and have been trying to install it using DosBox 0.74, when I try to install it (using DaemonTools to mount the iso) in the installation screen it does not allow me to change where I install it to, just tries to install to the CD drive and I cant change it, anyone know what I can do?

If you only mounted the iso, and no C drive, then there's no other destination drive the installer could choose from. Essential, your DOS would only have a CD drive and no hard drive. Did you mount a folder as the C drive?

Tymas 12-07-2011 01:22 PM

ok, let me say this first, THIS is my first post, thank you thank you :p

But i *just* installed and have been playing WC Privateer, only days ago, and i LOVE it! :pfirst of all, you have to set up mount points in DOSBox, go to the mounts tab to do so, i setup a hard drive with 500MB free, mounted as c:\*user*\privateer -t dir -freesize 500

and you also have to mount the ISO to set up, i dont use daemontool, no need for another program when DOSBox does it all for ya :p

i have it as ingmount D "C:\*user*\privateer.ISO" -t iso

oh, i also forgot to mention, i am using a nifty GUI for DOSBox, called DOSBox Game Launcher - love it give it a 12 rating on a scale of 1-10, its phenomenal, i have so many games setup in it, and they run beautifully, the GUI allows you to change the hardware with a nice GUI and none of this text editor junk =p

but that's how i got Privateer to work for me - sorry, i dont remember the site's URL off hand for the DOSBox gamel launcher, but use google, that's what its there for.

Have a good day fellow gamer!;)

dumbo0815 14-10-2011 11:39 PM

Privateer ISO Broken !

hello

about the directory/install problem

the privateer iso here is damaged !!
(someone modified the iso so it is useless !!!)

i own the cd version
and it is labeled "priv"

not "wc" like the iso here
and on the iso form iso cellar are additional cfg files dated from 2008 which don't belong onto the cd !!!

with normal iso u can select a directory where to install the game
and default is c:\privateer
with the broken iso here default is same as iso drive and u cannot change it

the iso here is broken and useless !

i will upload a working iso tomorrow

The current time is 10:31 PM (GMT)