Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Chip's Challenge (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=2721)

wendymaree 28-01-2005 10:10 AM

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review + Download

Havell 28-01-2005 10:33 AM

:w00t: This was one of the first games I ever played! I remember spending hours on this when I got my first computer.

wendymaree 28-01-2005 10:48 AM

Well, knock yourself out, Havell :) I've been playing it nearly all day. *sung to the music of the Beach Boys* Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun, fun, fun fun!

Yamcha 28-01-2005 02:52 PM

Every body loves chips!

Eagle of Fire 28-01-2005 02:59 PM

This game is part of the Microsoft Entertainment Pack, why only post this game and not the whole pack? :blink:

BTW, I think I have that pack somewhere around here. I don't know if it's ABW tough.

Bjarte 28-01-2005 04:00 PM

Reamember that Microsoft Entertainment Pack, used may hours on it. Can't reamember where I put it but most of the games where realy fun. I used to love the ski game.

Havell 28-01-2005 05:13 PM

Skifree! That's hours of fun! Me and my friend used to spend ages trying to get past the yeti at the end :[img]http://www.abandonia.com/forum/html/emoticons/laugh.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='laugh.gif' /> (we were young)

Yamcha 28-01-2005 05:57 PM

Yeti was a !@#$! LOL

mouse31e 28-01-2005 05:59 PM

Can't remember which key it was - F I think? - but if you pressed it you went extra fast and you could out run the Yeti for a while but eventually you would hit something and that would be the end of it! :D

EDIT: A good reason for not having the pack is that the games were all made by different developers but were licensed to Microsoft for that Entertainment Pack. Also, most of the games weren't that good - there were just a few outstanding ones like Chips, SkiFree and the lasting classic that was FujiGolf! :D

Eagle of Fire 28-01-2005 07:02 PM

None of the games you just mentionned are "lasting classics"... They merely rate 2 IMHO, and I'm being generous. Plus, those games were made in the Win 3.x era. Not that old games are bad, but those old 3.x games were sure lacking finesse and never managed to beat a true DOS game in any way.

Even as a kid I found all those games in the Microsoft Entertainment Pack rather under average and got bored of them really fast. And that's the intended audience target... :huh:

DasOmen 29-01-2005 04:23 PM

I remember this game, not that bad, but as Eagle of Fire said, nothing compared to the Dos games of that time.
Btw., you made a mistake in the news on the main site. Instead of Yamcha565656 you wrote "Yamacha565656". :)

Yamcha 29-01-2005 04:33 PM

Not that bad. Anyway I dropped the numbers (thx :Tom:) ;)

gildedgirth 04-02-2005 05:53 AM

wow. This site continues to surprise me. I loved this little addicting game. I remember getting this game as part of the Microsoft gaming pack which I think was pre-installed on my cutting edge Pentium 66hz Micron computer that cost almost $4000 back in 94-95 (with monitor, cd-rom drive (that was still pretty rare to have), keyboard etc). Crazy to think a computer would cost that much, but Pentiums had just come out and there was so much hype about how they rocked over the any of x86 series. I remember people going "Wow" when I told them I had a Pentium. I was still using my old Apple IIe until then, so I figured I'd splurge my saving on a good computer.

I also remember putting down around $1600 to upgrade my Ram to 32mb just so I could run Photoshop 3 for my college class decently on my computer...ram was going for about $50 per mb back then. Few years later RAM prices plummeted so much I was shocked at how cheap it got as well.

NOTE to MODS: The link to the chip's Challenge discusson topic on the Chip's Challenge page is broken. The "discuss the game" link doesn't have a topic id so it just takes you to the forum topic listing. it just has the following url:

www.abandonia.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=

wendymaree 04-02-2005 10:27 AM

Yes, I know, gildedgirth. Unfortunately, this sometimes happens when I update using I.E. Don't know why. I'm using Firefox now, but don't like it as much. I've contacted the One about it. He'll fix it when he has a moment to spare.

supraclk06 06-02-2005 03:56 AM

do any of you guys remember the game where you had to trap the cats in between blocks. i really wanna play that and i have looked online for it for about an hour now. i just cant recall the game. and if anyone could direct me to a link of the entertainment pack i would greatly appreciate it.

Yamcha 06-02-2005 08:51 AM

I think I remember. It was again A Windows game (probably from the same pack as Chips). And you played as a mouse right?

Guest 06-02-2005 12:38 PM

I think it's called Rodent's Revenge. Unfortunately, I don't know where to obtain it, apologies...

Havell 06-02-2005 02:36 PM

Heard of Google? ;)

The_EgAt 07-02-2005 10:06 PM

I was just reading (actually translating) the review, and I noticed a sentence in it that went something like this: "what this game needs is a level editor, but it does not have one."

I was thinking the same around last september (2004) when I was playing this game at school, and I googled it and came across several good level editors for it:

Chip's Challenge Editor: http://www.stage62.com/chipedit/chipedit.htm
Many good links*: http://www3.telus.net/~nfield/ChipChallenge/chip.htm
* There are a few editors in miscellaneous

I found CCTools the best**: http://www.translucentdragon.com/cctools/
**That is my personal opinion, and I encourage you to try any editor to find the one you like the best.

Harleqwyn 07-02-2005 10:38 PM

The guest above was me...

Quote:

Heard of Google? ;)
Well yes, but I wasn't looking for the game... it's too repetitive. But it should be of great help to the poster who is.

Durak 08-02-2005 02:33 AM

"NOTE: Chip's Challenge is copyrighted software sold in Windows Entertainment Pack #4; it is also included in the Best of Microsoft Entertainment Pack - still carried by CompUSA as of 6/30/98. It is illegal to distribute the software freely via the Internet, but you may be able to purchase the software online at
half.com .
No, I cannot send you Chip's Challenge." copied from http://www.stage62.com/chipedit/chipedit.htm

Either this is out of date or we're illegal.

The_EgAt 08-02-2005 06:59 PM

If you want "An open source reimplementation of Chip's Challenge, for Windows and Linux", you can download Tile World

It has both better graphics and smoother gameplay. It does not include chips.dat, which contains the levels, but you can copy it to the tworld dir (I think, maybe it's a subdir from tworld) and play the original levels.

Deaths-little-helper 24-02-2005 08:05 PM

Hey! i remember the whole pack of games! i have the pack on my cpu still! if u want it just e-mail me! Bogdavult@yahoo.com

Guest 05-03-2005 03:41 PM

Hey, anyone got password for 24?

I cant get past BlobNet! (23) if you dont believe me that if got past it, i can tell ya password to 23

Minti 23-03-2005 04:04 PM

I got this game back in the day as a part of the Best of Entertainment pack, which included SkiFree, Rodent's Revenge and my personal favourite, Pipe Dream. I still have the pack on my computer.
Just checked my Chip's, and I'm on level 121, so if someone wants passwords, let me know. Also, as you might have noticed, the game lets you skip to the next level if you seem to be having trouble with it. :ok:

Nostalgic times 21-04-2005 05:36 AM

All sweet memories...

Chips Challenge is outstanding in Microsoft Entertain Pack at the time it is released. I spent many nights at the computer playing it until tired.

Right now I play DROD (Deadly Rooms of Death), which has similar concept like Chips Challenge and has lots more puzzles to solve. The difference is instead of getting all the chips you have to kill all monsters in a room, then finish all rooms (usually 10-15 rooms) to go to the next level. I must say sometimes this game is driving me crazy because it is insanely HARD. There are 25 levels in the originals and lots of fanmade levels free to download.

If you want to try it, visit www.drod.net. It is rated the top puzzle game now at Underdogs.

Guest 21-04-2005 09:20 AM

I never knew that I would find Chips when innocently surfing the internet. I have been looking for that game for ages and forgot about it until now......
I like the puzzles. I'm currently at level 12......

Guest 24-04-2005 09:21 AM

Oh after you play Chips Challenge then you should play DROD. I got quite a handful piece of game when I started playing DROD. Trouble is that, sometimes the puzzles of DROD is too HARD. I frequently want to uninstall the game and smash my hard disk :D Once a day :wall: A game that could drive you to insanity. Too much of a game, it is addictive right from the start. Be warned!

And better, it's totally free. Try at
www.drod.net

Yrael 24-05-2005 11:27 PM

hey, for som reason it wont let me play, i try and use dosbox it says the game requires windows, if i try in windows the game says it cant run in either msdos or windows! wtf? any ideas?

win98 25-05-2005 12:03 AM

I remeber this when we got our first pc pentinum 2 233mhz a friend dowloade this for us me and dad (i was still living at home) play it for hours but our pc broke so we got it upgraded i am using it right now since it is mine now it need a new harddrive and mother board when it was upgraded chips challange had not een back up so it was GONE

Broam 06-06-2005 03:22 AM

Tile World (http://www.muppetlabs.com/~breadbox/software/tworld/) is a GPL'd clone of the Lynx and MS Windows version of Chip's Challenge, if you're looking for legal. :)

I remember having the MS version, came with a very old Gateway around 1990...

Stebbi 21-08-2005 02:02 AM

i recently took my old harddrive who had that service pack and got all of those games
:D:D:D

duckpatch 21-08-2005 04:28 AM

Did the service pack have Rodent's Revenge, Fuji Golf, etc. in it?

Stebbi 21-08-2005 11:41 AM

i dont think it had fuji golf but i had rodent revenge

moonbeam_2010 19-11-2005 11:31 PM

You guys have no idea how much I loved this game. My sister and I would try to beat eachothers' time on every level. If it wasn't for this game, King's Quest, and Final Fantasy, I'd not like games such as these; they're awesome!!

Loving every bit of the game,
Moonbeam

Glider521al2 20-11-2005 01:01 AM

Subject: CHIP'S CHALLENGE/TILEWORLD/EDITORS

I have both Good news and badnews.

The good news is I've found the freeware editor programs that work with Chip's Challenge (thanks to several yahoo groups and programmers on this topic). They are as follows:

The original editor can be found at:
http://www.stage62.com/chipedit/chipedit.htm

The more advanced set of editing tools can be found at:
http://cctools.translucentdragon.com/

The Yahoo group where you can find several files and links is:

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/chips_challenge/

A separate yahoo news group is:
http://chips.kaseorg.com/newsgroup/

There is also a freeware version of Chip's challenge which keeps track of several levels at once as well as having better graphics.

NOTE: It may have (minimal) a few bugs (but they've never really been a problem to me when I used it).
For instance certain enemies are slower.

Tileworld can be downloaded at:
http://www.muppetlabs.com/~breadbox/software/tworld/

The bad news is Chip's challenge is not abandon ware or freeware (this can be confirmed by the news group:

http://chips.kaseorg.com/newsgroup/

Experts of the site are currently looking into this.

I quote:
"No. Chip's Challenge is copyrighted software and cannot be legally copied or downloaded. (And so-called "abandonware" is just a myth; current U.S. law gives copyrighted works protection for at least 70 years.)"

"A much better option is to get Tile World, a free (and legal) clone of the game."

True EPYX unfortunately went banktrupt but another company has taken over. I now refer to it in the quote below:

"There is in fact a Chip's Challenge II. It was written by Chuck Sommerville, the same person who created the original Chip's Challenge when he worked for Epyx. The game is finished, and Chuck desperately wants to release it; unfortunately, he does not own any rights to the game. When Epyx went bankrupt in 1991, it was sold to Bridgestone Multimedia (now Alpha Omega Publications, http://www.aop.com/) along with the rights to all Epyx games, including Chip's Challenge. Bridgestone is refusing to publish Chip's Challenge II or allow it to be published by anyone else unless Chuck puts up some of his own money. That has been the situation for a few years, and this is not likely to change.

"However, there is some good news. Chuck is currently working on another game, called Puzzle Studio. Since it avoids use of the Chip's Challenge trademark and code, the legal issues that plague Chip's Challenge II will not be a problem. Not very much information is currently available about this game, other than that it will be a long time in development. To sign up for Chuck's mailing list about his games, send an e-mail message to <chips2info@ledeffects.com>.

Also, you may want to check out Tile World, a free clone of the original Chip's Challenge written by Brian Raiter , and Chip's Challenge Level Pack 2, the sequel to the original level pack created by Chip's Challenge fans...
anders@kaseorg.com"

Thanks for reading!!! Please reply if you've read this message.

From A.L. (first name NOT Andrew)

mouse31e 20-11-2005 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Glider521al2@Nov 20 2005, 02:01 AM
"No. Chip's Challenge is copyrighted software and cannot be legally copied or downloaded. (And so-called "abandonware" is just a myth; current U.S. law gives copyrighted works protection for at least 70 years.)"
Most of us already knew that. We don't use abandonware as a legal term - we understand copyright law and are aware that we are breaking it. We use the term to cover old copyrighted software that is no longer for sale and use it to distinguish that software from old copyrighted software that is still for sale.

As Chip's Challenge is no longer for sale (unless you know differently) it falls within the boundaries that we have set for abandonware. If the publishers were to object to it being available for download (and I believe many are aware of our site and don't object) then I'm sure the download would be removed.

Anyway, thanks for the links - and I might try that freeware clone....

Though I still have the original game (somewhere in my piles of floppy disks!)

eGGz 26-11-2005 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by supraclk06@Feb 6 2005, 04:56 AM
do any of you guys remember the game where you had to trap the cats in between blocks.* i really wanna play that and i have looked online for it for about an hour now.* i just cant recall the game.* and if anyone could* direct me to a link of the entertainment pack i would greatly appreciate it.
Rodent's Revenge

Thornwood 26-11-2005 06:31 PM

I've still got Chip's Challenge on my Windows 3.1, which my Mom is gracious enough not to get rid of because she likes the word processor better than the one on the XP. I beat the game a long time ago, in the sense that I got to and finished the last level. But I don't feel that I've truly 'beaten' it, since I had to skip some levels. But little by little I've been going back and beating them. But some of them are just so long! Especially level 144 (I think) where you have to fight through a whole room of force field floors to get those darned chips. I'd give you the passwords you need, but I don't have the book my family wrote them all down in; it's in Canada and I'm in Finland right now.

I remember Skifree, Pipedreams, and Rodent's Revenge. I managed to get past the yeti once, and was a little disappointed to find the course went in a loop. I don't say this to brag, either, because the only way I was able to do it was by constantly pausing and unpausing so I could avoid the obstacles. Why couldn't the yeti just eat those stupid noob skiiers that get in your way? Ah well, that was a good way to kill time. The other two I played every now and then, but I think they got deleted at one point. They were fun, but Skifree and Chip's Challenge were always my favourites, though I occasionally played Jezzball, Maxwell Maniac, and Minesweeper (not that the last isn't available on every Windows computer anyway).

EDIT: My Mom got rid of the old 3.1; she put up an ad for anyone who wanted it for free. She got about 20 offers on the first day, and just gave it to the first person. Gah! Why couldn't she have given it to her loving daughter?

win98 26-11-2005 06:49 PM

My grandad had that on his 486 the powerpack broke a few years pack after it was given to me because he died and my nana did not know how to work it.

Banana 30-11-2005 03:12 PM

Does anyone know the name of the game which I think was also in a microsoft entertainment pack, an asteroids clone? It supported up to 4 players playing on the keyboard...
and who knows how many levels there are in chips challenge?

Guest 15-01-2006 01:08 PM

this was the first game I played, it has over 400 levels and I won them all

surgeon chik 26-04-2006 07:14 AM

:whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :ok: the password for level 9 is KCRE

win98 26-04-2006 07:06 PM

Thankyou for sharing.

dougbert 11-05-2006 11:35 PM

Hi,

My name is Doug T. and my former roommate, Tony K., and I worked at Microsoft in the early 90s.

Tony wrote Chips in a summer. He was pretty clever about how he did it. My job was testing it for him (except I missed a nasty bug at the end of the next to the last level! Sorry 'bout that, to all of you 1.0 users who hit the bug!)

Microsoft shipped it as part of the Entertainment Pack for Windows. It was incredibly fun to work on.

If you're interested and it's not too boring, let me know and I'll write up the story and post it. I'll also get Tony's comments. We're both closing in on 40, we're still great friends, and we're often very surprised about the places where references to Chips pops up.

Tony also wrote some amazing screenblankers for the Entertainment Pack's screen blankers. The screenblanker engine was ingenious and written by Brad C.

I wrote an icon bouncer for it. It may surprise you to know that the Windows 3.0 team stole the screenblanker from us, and made it into the Windows screenblanker. For a while, our .IW files could be renamed to be .SCR and they'd still work. (I doubt this works on post-Win95 operating systems.)

Also, Windows stole WinMine, written by our friend Rob D., and it is still a blast to play. He hates it now!

But we're very proud of the work we did on Chips. Thanks for keeping it alive, it really is still an incredibly fun game. My kids came home from second and fourth grade one day talking about it and were shocked to find out that "Uncle Tony" and I were the ones who worked on it! Ha!

- Doug

Guest 16-06-2006 10:40 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Feb 6 2005, 01:38 PM) [snapback]62461[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

I think it's called Rodent's Revenge. Unfortunately, I don't know where to obtain it, apologies...
[/b]

i have it if you want it email me

E-MAIL ADRESS HAS BEEN REMOVED

Guest 26-06-2006 11:01 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(supraclk06 @ Feb 6 2005, 04:56 AM) [snapback]62344[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

do any of you guys remember the game where you had to trap the cats in between blocks. i really wanna play that and i have looked online for it for about an hour now. i just cant recall the game. and if anyone could direct me to a link of the entertainment pack i would greatly appreciate it.
[/b]
i remember the name of the game was rodent's revenge

Guest 08-10-2006 06:05 PM

Where do youfind this game online? can someone please tell me i love this game and desperatly want to play it

Frodo 08-10-2006 07:46 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Oct 8 2006, 07:05 PM) [snapback]260121[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Where do youfind this game online? can someone please tell me i love this game and desperatly want to play it
[/b]
You can download it from here - http://www.abandonia.com/games/410/Chip&#3...;sChallenge.htm

:ok:

Unknown Hero 28-08-2007 09:04 PM

Chip's challenge image doesn't show up. Pls fix it!

http://www.abandonia.com/genre.php?s...chip+challenge

tea3rd 23-09-2007 01:01 AM

has anybody ever beat the whole game thats what i want to know i remember playing to for days and i couldnt beat it i got to level 54 but by then we had to get a new pc and we sold the old one so i never got to beat it

Frodo 29-09-2007 06:44 PM

I took a note of the level codes, and uploaded them to the server. Can an updater add them to the 'Extras' section please? :ok:

Also, the review shots are missing - http://www.abandonia.com/games/en/410/Chip...;sChallenge.htm

Romano 30-09-2007 08:52 AM

I will add them on Wednesday.

Thank you :kosta:

peace01 30-10-2008 09:57 AM

This game is still distributed

This game is distributed as part of the OEM bundels with new computers. It is was installed on my computer whne I got it from Dell back in 04.

The Fifth Horseman 30-10-2008 01:50 PM

We will need more substantial proof that it is.
Also, OEM bundles - not for resale.

Luchsen 30-10-2008 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TriPeaks card game
As of 2/15/ 2001, Microsoft no longer supported or sold this product [The Best of Windows Entertainment Pack].

Even Microsoft itself offers free downloads of several once included games.

_r.u.s.s. 30-10-2008 05:48 PM

thanks frodo!

peace01 31-10-2008 10:47 AM

Simple method for checking

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman (Post 341361)
We will need more substantial proof that it is.
Also, OEM bundles - not for resale.

Pretty simple to see if it is distributed in oem bundles. Go to any best buy and look at the computers and see if the program is the computers being sold. I know Dell had it in 04.

The Fifth Horseman 31-10-2008 11:46 AM

Simple... if you're in US. :p
For those of us who aren't... difficult.

Bestbuy.com website does not metnion the program anywhere.

_r.u.s.s. 31-10-2008 11:51 AM

why would we check oem bundles, that's totally irrelevant to abandonware status

The Fifth Horseman 31-10-2008 12:01 PM

Quite correct.
OEM bundles are tied to purchases of computer software. They cannot be bought by themselves. We'd have to be quite insane to consider those when checking the status.

Yes, I am insane, thank you - but not that much (yet).

peace01 01-11-2008 11:08 AM

What no consumer electronics stores that keep computers out on display?

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman (Post 341418)
Simple... if you're in US. :p
For those of us who aren't... difficult.

Bestbuy.com website does not metnion the program anywhere.

Alot of store best buy (another well known one is radio shack) is just one of the better known here in the US. But then read my location :D is Afghanistan.

Paco 10-01-2009 08:29 PM

this Game has 4 Pic but there is no "titlepic"?

AlumiuN 11-01-2009 12:01 AM

Chip's Challenge doesn't have a title-screen, as such. I could take one of the 'About' screen, I suppose, but it's not exactly going to be visible at the resolution of the title pic here. :p

Luchsen 11-01-2009 12:07 AM

Someone missed it. Will take care.

AlumiuN 11-01-2009 12:15 AM

Erm, Luchsen, read post ^^. :)

Luchsen 11-01-2009 12:28 AM

Look title picture. Where is the DOS version? :abandonia!:, after all.

AlumiuN 11-01-2009 11:21 PM

Oh, LOL, I didn't think of that. :D

Unregistered13 12-03-2009 08:50 PM

hey guys i really want to play this game but i download the software zip file but i cant figure out how to play it. if anyone still reads this your help would be greatly appreciated!

Unregistered13 12-03-2009 08:51 PM

I mean i know how to play the game I just dont know how to open the actual game

Simoneer 12-03-2009 08:51 PM

Oh heeeeelllll yeeeeeeeahhhhhhhh! Chip's Challenge! This was one of the first old computer games I played. My now-dead grandma had it on her old computer... :(

Oh well. Thanks for the memories of better times. :)

AlumiuN 12-03-2009 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered13 (Post 356005)
I mean i know how to play the game I just dont know how to open the actual game

Run CHIPS.EXE. :)

Luchsen 12-03-2009 09:54 PM

ZIP is an archive format. You have to extract the contents with WinZip, WinRAR, WinAce, the Windows-built-in compressed folders utility or the like.

404 14-06-2009 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlumiuN (Post 356009)
Run CHIPS.EXE. :)

I'm fairly sure he knows how to run computer applications. He's probably having trouble because he has Vista. If I try it in DOSBox, it says it requires windows, and if I run it outside of DOSBox, it says it's not compatible. That's the only reason I was looking at the posts.

Simoneer 14-06-2009 03:08 PM

If that's the case, perhaps compatibility mode will work?

dosraider 14-06-2009 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 404 (Post 370001)
He's probably having trouble because he has Vista.

Yes.
Quote:

Originally Posted by 404 (Post 370001)
If I try it in DOSBox, it says it requires windows

Dosbox runs dosgames directly, not Windows games.

But you can run W3.x in dosbox, and in dosbox/W3.x most of the W3.x games, and as Chip's challenge is a W3.x game, run the game that way in Vista. It runs fine.

Fully detailed unstructions how to install W3.x in dosbox:
http://vogons.zetafleet.com/viewtopic.php?t=9405

And yes, it runs very good in dosbox 0.73. :)

The Bloodhawk 06-09-2011 08:47 PM

This game is the cool.

Frackcoon 12-03-2012 02:51 PM

Problems running on Windows 7

Is there a way to get around the not compatible error? I'm running Windows 7 and can't seem to get around it.

The Fifth Horseman 12-03-2012 07:23 PM

You need DosBox. http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=14406

sveedio 18-02-2016 05:11 PM

not working

i used to play this game on windows 95 so when i found it here i was super excited but when i click download it goes to a page that says error the file you want to download does not exist :(. literally what it says. so now what

arete 18-02-2016 08:08 PM

Thanks for letting us know.

marko river 19-02-2016 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sveedio (Post 464884)
i used to play this game on windows 95 so when i found it here i was super excited but when i click download it goes to a page that says error the file you want to download does not exist :(. literally what it says. so now what

It's fixed now. Try it out again :)

Unreg 03-05-2016 04:13 PM

Does it work on Win 8.1? If not, how can I make it work?

arete 03-05-2016 06:31 PM

It's quite an old Windows programme (we had it on our windows 3.1 machine as I recall) so it probably won't work with Windows 8.

I recommend our Windows 3.1 install in dosbox, or use a Virtual Machine with windows 3.1 installed.

nbafan89 28-06-2016 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arete (Post 465407)
It's quite an old Windows programme (we had it on our windows 3.1 machine as I recall) so it probably won't work with Windows 8.

I recommend our Windows 3.1 install in dosbox, or use a Virtual Machine with windows 3.1 installed.

or try it on windows xp like I did today

arete 28-06-2016 07:36 PM

It works in XP?? *monocle pops out*

nbafan89 29-06-2016 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arete (Post 465770)

I tried it on my XP computer yesterday so yes

Smiling Spectre 02-07-2016 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arete (Post 465770)

I believe, all Win16 can be played even on Win8 and Win10... providing that you use 32-bit OS. But not x64. :(

And yes, I successfully run a lot of 16-bit games on my old WinXP. :) (Main problem usually is speed, but such games are rare).

arete 02-07-2016 09:20 PM

Wish I could remember what we used to have on the old 486. Mostly Dos games, I remember we had Aladdin and Titus the Fox. Chip's Challenge was fun until we got to the pentagram level and went ewww.

sveedio 08-01-2017 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko river (Post 464891)
It's fixed now. Try it out again :)

Thank you it works now

pekeņaja 08-12-2017 07:36 AM

Chips

Buenas!!

Yo quiero jugar pero no se como instalarlo en mi windows 7 :'(

The current time is 09:08 PM (GMT)