Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Troubleshooting (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Warlords 3 (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=10024)

McGroin 24-04-2006 10:46 PM

Just bought the game and its having major crashing issues. I've patched and tried running in compatability modes but it still crashes/freezes. The game freezes in a different place everytime and that was the case when it was version 1.0.

Eagle of Fire 25-04-2006 12:56 AM

Is it a Windows game?

McGroin 25-04-2006 04:04 AM

Yea, it requires windows 95/98 so i assume so.
Heres my specs if this helps:
Hp pavilion ze5300
Windows XP Proffesional SP2
Intel P4 2.40Ghz
960 MB RAM
Video card: RADEON IGP 345m
I have Deamon Tools installed too, havent tried anything with that yet.

Eagle of Fire 25-04-2006 04:22 AM

Did you try to play with the compatibility settings? This would probably be your best bet, set the game to be run in Windows 95 or 98 environment.

The Fifth Horseman 25-04-2006 09:10 AM

Install another HDD into your machine and install Windows 98SE on it.

McGroin 25-04-2006 09:40 PM

so far the only thing I've read that works is installing the additional Hard Drive with Windows 2000.
I've found something else where people have recommended adding /wincursor; -wincursor; and some other forms to the end of the target line of a desktop shortcut. I havent had any luck with this method yet, but what does adding "wincursor" to the end of the target line accomplish?
Heres where I found it:
GameFAQs

Lucullus 25-04-2006 10:45 PM

Maybe it tells the software to use the windows mouse cursor, or to let windows load the cursor.
It seems that the issue is sound... but not sure as I haven't tried it myself.

frozum 05-06-2010 05:06 AM

warlords on windows xp

Had this game before, gave it to someone else who lost it. Finally got a brand-new game, installed it, but when it comes muy turn to move the units, my mouse freezes and the sound effects continue (Example: I move my hero to a ruin. It stops there, investigates the ruin, then the mouse disappears and the hero's footsteps continue.

It ran fine before on the same PC and OS (windows XP). Help!

frozum 05-06-2010 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frozum (Post 406390)
Had this game before, gave it to someone else who lost it. Finally got a brand-new game, installed it, but when it comes muy turn to move the units, my mouse freezes and the sound effects continue (Example: I move my hero to a ruin. It stops there, investigates the ruin, then the mouse disappears and the hero's footsteps continue.

It ran fine before on the same PC and OS (windows XP). Help!

I tried running the compatibility stuff on it, now it just freezes and themousepointer still disappears--waaaaahhhh!

The Fifth Horseman 05-06-2010 09:29 AM

Try running it in Windows 98 set up on MS Virtual PC or a similar virtual machine.

The current time is 05:50 PM (GMT)