Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Offers (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   stinker - Need for WC II - Speech Pack? (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=20638)

stinker 10-07-2009 01:03 PM

stinker - Need for WC II - Speech Pack?

Since WC II is kind of popular on abandonia these days, is there need for the "Speech Accessory Pack"? It provides digitized speech for the wingmen, the enemies, and even some cutscenes.

I could provide the data from the three disks and boxart. Could take some time, though. I would need to organize a 5,25''-drive, first...

Ermuli 10-07-2009 01:13 PM

I'm pretty sure these would be very welcome.

The Fifth Horseman 10-07-2009 03:35 PM

Yes, there is need indeed!
Do you know how to upload files to an FTP server?

stinker 10-07-2009 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman (Post 375241)
Yes, there is need indeed!
Do you know how to upload files to an FTP server?

Yes I do. Do you happen to have a link at hand I can upload it to?

By the way: I just hooked an old disk drive to my computer and created iso-images of the disks. Then, I installed abadonia's version of wc2 and tested it without the speechpack. And you know what? It already has digitized speech! I checked the user manual of the speech expansion and it states:

"Now, instead of sending text messages, your wingmen will talk to you when you're flying, and you will hear speech in certain cinematic sequences as the plot unfolds."

That's all already in abandonia's version. Damn, I thought I could really contribute something to the community! I could still provide you with the data, but what's the point? At least, I have box scans (also of Special Operations 2, if you're interested).

Chris 10-07-2009 05:51 PM

Boxshots would be great!

PM with upload instructions sent :PM:

stinker 10-07-2009 07:03 PM

Thanks for the detailed info to both of you. I've uploaded the images. For new players, the control-reference-card (with all the commands) and the spacecraft-info may be of particular interest.

I have not sent the speech-pack files from the diskettes, because your version of wc2 (which apparently already has the speech pack installed) crashes after installing the speech pack.

On another topic: I would also happily share my German X-Wing Collector's Edition-manual with you guys. But it seems it's not abandonware. So I guess the manual is off-limits for you, too?

Paco 11-07-2009 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stinker (Post 375285)
On another topic: I would also happily share my German X-Wing Collector's Edition-manual with you guys. But it seems it's not abandonware. So I guess the manual is off-limits for you, too?

Extra is always approved, but before you upload it on FTP. Create a Folder with the Name of the Game where you will upload the Stuff to, ok?

stinker 11-07-2009 02:14 PM

Oups, I'm sorry for the mess. Thought, it was enough to create a subfolder with my name. But you've already moved the files, thanks. I'll start scanning the manual.

The current time is 08:05 PM (GMT)