Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Adventures of Willy Beamish, The (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=590)

Kosta 10-08-2004 09:27 PM

Adventures of Willy Beamish, The

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review

xndr2181 11-08-2004 03:50 AM

I'm sure people are getting bored of this, but either way, I'll say it here, if anyone has trouble playing this game, let me know, I can help, I've beaten it a dozen times! This game is wonderful by the way, I use to play it on sega cd all the time with my sis. What great memories...
-Sean

FreeFreddy 11-08-2004 06:10 AM

I played this game earlier, but it seemed to have an CRC-error or like, so I always stuck in the middle of the game with no possible solution (actually it seemed like the gameplay was ruined through wrong puzzle-solutions..). Either way, now it's time to bring the game to the end. :D

xndr2181 11-08-2004 06:12 AM

Quote:

I played this game earlier, but it seemed to have an CRC-error or like, so I always stuck in the middle of the game with no possible solution (actually it seemed like the gameplay was ruined through wrong puzzle-solutions..). Either way, now it's time to bring the game to the end. *:D
What part did u get stuck on? Maybe I can help...
-Sean

FreeFreddy 11-08-2004 06:14 AM

It's ok, I played it long ago now, so I don't even remember... Thanks anyway. :D

xndr2181 11-08-2004 05:08 PM

Quote:

It's ok, I played it long ago now, so I don't even remember... Thanks anyway. :D
No problem, enjoy the game it's great! Let me know what you think after you beat it!
-Sean

Stroggy 11-08-2004 05:19 PM

I tried playing it
but there is something wrong... I can't save

xndr2181 11-08-2004 06:00 PM

Quote:

I tried playing it
but there is something wrong... I can't save

Hmm...what system u using? Doxbox?
-Sean

Stroggy 11-08-2004 06:26 PM

yeh I'm playing it in dosbox

rallier 11-08-2004 06:42 PM

tonns of bugs :s

I am sorry to inform you that the game is full of bugs :( at least that's what i observed. The game crashes at frequent periods of time (at the beginning since i just got till there) and when u r in the classroom and try to say that the strange sound is done by the frog and when the frog jumps and giving the ol lady the fright of her lifetime the game crashes with an illegal error :(
that's too bad since i really believe that the game should a hell of a lot of fun to play........nostalgies of past childhood ;) but bugs destroy that :(

Tom Henrik 11-08-2004 07:01 PM

The game isn't bugged :?

I played through the whole thing...
Did you try it in DOSbox?

rallier 11-08-2004 07:15 PM

hmmmmm

no i haven't tried it in dosbox i am running in windows XP as all the rest of the games, yeah sometimes i get random crashes by some games like QFG3 but not as much as this one. and none had a specific crash....
But if you think that will help i will try it, could you please give me a link to download dosbox?
Thank you for ur help, i appreciate it.

Tom Henrik 11-08-2004 07:17 PM

We have it on the site.

In the Utilities section :)

Kiddiarni 11-08-2004 07:19 PM

Quote:

I'm sure people are getting bored of this, but either way, I'll say it here, if anyone has trouble playing this game, let me know, I can help, I've beaten it a dozen times! This game is wonderful by the way, I use to play it on sega cd all the time with my sis. What great memories...
-Sean

with ur sis?

WOW...the first time i've heard of Brothers and Sisters who have enough time to play comp games together...

DId you fight at all????

rallier 11-08-2004 07:37 PM

Thnx

Thnx Tom

Stroggy 11-08-2004 07:54 PM

Quote:

Quote:

-Sean

with ur sis?

WOW...the first time i've heard of Brothers and Sisters who have enough time to play comp games together...

DId you fight at all????

well me and my brother played most computergames together when we were younger.
and we fought all the time...
actually come to think of it... we still do play some computergames together

xndr2181 11-08-2004 09:15 PM

Quote:

Quote:

-Sean

with ur sis?

DId you fight at all????

Playing adventure games is one of the few things we could do together without fighting, :wink: . But like I said that was back in the day, now where both in college and hangout a lot. It was usually me playing the game and her watching and helping me if I ran into trouble. Still, Willy Beamish is a great game, and if people are having trouble with it, try DosBox, and if you're using DosBox then I don't know what to say, :wink: .
-Sean

Beckster 12-08-2004 02:37 AM

Sound problems when playing Willy Beamish!!

Hi I installed the game on my computer, running Windows XP Professional.
It works fine except there is no sound!! anyway i can fix that, I have no idea

Thanks!

Beck

xndr2181 12-08-2004 03:13 AM

Re: Sound problems when playing Willy Beamish!!

Quote:

Hi I installed the game on my computer, running Windows XP Professional.
It works fine except there is no sound!! anyway i can fix that, I have no idea

Thanks!

Beck

Run it through DosBox, you can get it off this site. That should cure your sound problem! Or if you don't want to use DosBox you can download soundblaster online which is the system that old adventure games used. If you google it you should find a website with it offered for free download.
-Sean

Beckster 12-08-2004 03:40 AM

I'll give the DosBox a try thanks for that, appreciate it.

xndr2181 12-08-2004 03:43 AM

Quote:

I'll give the DosBox a try thanks for that, appreciate it.
No problem! You might want to read some handbooks on DosBox though, it can be tricky, :wink:
-Sean

Tom Henrik 12-08-2004 04:58 AM

Dosbox is tricky for people who have never used Dos before. For Windows-users the program can be tricky :wink:

Stroggy 12-08-2004 09:13 AM

Quote:

Dosbox is tricky for people who have never used Dos before. For Windows-users the program can be tricky *:wink:
not really
all you have to do is drag the game-icon over the dosbox item
and then it'll automatically run in dosbox.

xndr2181 12-08-2004 05:42 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Dosbox is tricky for people who have never used Dos before. For Windows-users the program can be tricky *:wink:
not really

Really? That makes it so much easier!
-Sean

Durak 12-08-2004 10:07 PM

Sounds pretty easy but all I did was set up a default directory and then whenever I open DosBox I just type the exe.

xndr2181 12-08-2004 11:11 PM

Hmm, I might need to try that. Right now I think I'm good with using abandon loader since it's a cake walk, and if I run into errors with it then I'll use DosBox. By the way, the problems I was having with Larry 6 still happened when I used dosbox, any suggestions?
-Sean

Tom Henrik 13-08-2004 05:02 AM

What was your problems again?

(Please write it in the topic for Larry 6).

kelso 19-12-2004 08:52 PM

Hey, i need some help. Its the fourth day, in the Mansion kitchen.. The chef always catches me, and i have no clue what i am doing wrong. I throw the cup, and pick up the sauce pan, and poor it behind her, and she turns around and i die. any clues? thanks
:help:

rODRIGO 02-02-2005 05:21 PM

I AM IN THE END OF THE GAME ....BUT THERE IS SOME THING WRONG!!!

WILLY IS INSIDE OF THE CASTLE, TRYING TO PUSH THE COOKER....BUT I DO NOT HAVE TIME TO USE THE OIL AND PUSH THE POT!!!! THE COOKER TURN BACK SO QUICKLY!!!

Coldbloodedking 14-02-2005 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by xndr2181@Aug 12 2004, 05:42 PM
Quote:

Quote:

not really

Really? That makes it so much easier!
-Sean

Get this and it will mount the drive automatically You dont need to know any Dos Commands for it . http://members.home.nl/mabus/files/D-Fend-2.0.62.42.exe Works with DosBox 0.62 -063.

Orital 21-02-2005 04:37 PM

Hi,
On the 2nd day--what do u do with the "babysitter"? The game is always over to me there":-/
Thanx!

junker 04-03-2005 01:15 PM

I also remember playing this on sega cd but never got very deep into it. ill give it another go.

DeathDude 04-03-2005 01:35 PM

I remember playing this game as well, about 4 years ago full talkie version, great game, wasn't able to beat it though, kept getting stuck in the kitchen, due to my comp's speed.

TheChosen 04-03-2005 02:10 PM

Quote:

On the 2nd day--what do u do with the "babysitter
After you have found out that baby sitter is a vampire, run to you little sisters room. From there, take a toy rat (or is it a mouse). Then run back to the living room, behind the sofa. Throw the rat (mouse) on the table and use the vacuum cleaner( :sneaky: ) on the bat.

Guest_Orital 07-03-2005 10:00 AM

Thanx!
Now where do u get this entry blank from??

TheChosen 07-03-2005 10:55 AM

First you have to get to the other part of the city by using the ferry. Get the "ferry-coin" from the spring. When you get to the other side, go to the building next to you. From there, you can get the entry blank form :D .

Guest_Orital 07-03-2005 05:49 PM

Wow! You're quick! Thanx!!!
After u get it. how do u return to the east???

Tom Henrik 07-03-2005 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Guest_Orital@Mar 7 2005, 06:49 PM
Wow! You're quick! Thanx!!!
After u get it. how do u return to the east???

Uhmm... :huh:

Who is playing the game? You or him?

Guest_Orital 07-03-2005 06:13 PM

Both ;)

TheChosen 08-03-2005 11:34 AM

Lets see......after you have the entry thingie. Go to the "Golden Bowl bar". In there, talk to the bouncer until the gang arrives. After the Sequense, throw the smoke bomb at the gang, then open that red-water-spreading-thingie with the tool that bouncer throws you.

By the way.......you should try solving things by yourself.

Guest_Orital 08-03-2005 05:23 PM

I did so. but they keep running after me...

DeathDude 08-03-2005 05:27 PM

Run to the docks where you first got off after doing all that, and ask the family to help you.

Guest_Orital 08-03-2005 05:53 PM

doesn't work. they're still after me :-/

TheChosen 09-03-2005 09:16 AM

Run back to the toothsweet factory (the place where you got that entry form).

I had some problems with this part......i even had to ask my little sister how to get past from this.

DeathDude 09-03-2005 01:28 PM

Agreed annoying part to say the least.

Guest_Orital 09-03-2005 04:04 PM

Thanx!
Now I'm stuck with the security guerd....no luck...

DeathDude 09-03-2005 07:37 PM

Yeah in the instructions there's the word, I think it's something like Oompa, and I forget the other two words.

TheChosen 10-03-2005 12:04 PM

(sigh) Try every option.

I cant remember the right word.

Guest_Orital 10-03-2005 03:31 PM

What do u mean "word"?How can I say any word there?

TheChosen 11-03-2005 01:45 PM

Aaaah. I tought you would understand, that you have to hypnotize the guard by using the key and chain (combine key and chain).

Guest_Orital 12-03-2005 10:59 PM

Thanx!It worked:)

Guest_Orital 14-03-2005 01:04 PM

Now how do u save the frog? Does it have anything to do with the phone?

thatgirlistrouble.com 19-03-2005 10:47 AM

I'm stuck!~

I can't seem to get past the part of the game where Willy in the Frumpton Mansion and has to get past the Chef to save his frog, Horny. So far, I've collected everything in the house (armour helmet, map, goblet). As I approach the kitchen, I throw the goblet to distract the Chef. However, as I creep up next to her to pour the oil onto the floor, she immediately turns around and catches me: GAME OVER!

How can I overcome this? I've tried numerous tactics but none of them seem to have worked, the Chef always catches me too soon before I can do anything!

Any help or insight to my dilemma would be much appreciated!

Thanks!~~~

TheChosen 19-03-2005 11:53 AM

Orital! Youl have to go the frumpton mansion. You can get there by jet ski.

As for the mansion.......im also stuck in there :bleh: .
What was that thing about goblets,helmets and maps? How do i get those?

DeathDude 19-03-2005 03:13 PM

I believe the problem with getting caught in the kitchen with the chef after doing all that process, involves your comp speed, because you usually should be given more time to do the tasks and such, it was a case on my comp and I never finished the game because of that.

To get the goblet go to the next room with the dinner table, grab the goblet, then grab the table cloth, go back to the room with the parrot, and put the table cloth in front of the knight, pull the knight so it falls apart, and you can then grab the map and knight helmet.

Guest_Orital 19-03-2005 10:25 PM

I tried to grab the table cloth but whenever i do it they catch me!!!WHY??

DeathDude 19-03-2005 11:42 PM

Make sure to take off the goblet first before grabbing the table cloth. that's why your probably getting caught.

Guest_Orital 20-03-2005 04:19 PM

I did so.but they keep catching me

DeathDude 20-03-2005 05:39 PM

That's odd I could've sworn that's how I did it, maybe I'll do some searching.

Guest_Orital 21-03-2005 09:37 PM

Thanx a lot!!!!

The Fifth Horseman 11-04-2005 08:49 AM

I'm stuck at the phone part. Checked a walkthrough, and it tells me to dial "342-SIGN". How do I dial the letters?

++EDIT: NVM, got it+++

Firebird 26-04-2005 03:47 AM

I am having troubles entering the code in the Factory..my map says Burnt Sienna, Mauve Chartreuse and Mauve. I am standing on that little platform with the lever. I tried clicking the colours, but there's no action arrow button or reaction...help! There are no action buttons anywhere! :wall: :help:

Guest_Orital 09-05-2005 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Firebird@Apr 26 2005, 03:47 AM
I am having troubles entering the code in the Factory..my map says Burnt Sienna, Mauve Chartreuse and Mauve. I am standing on that little platform with the lever. I tried clicking the colours, but there's no action arrow button or reaction...help! There are no action buttons anywhere! :wall: :help:
How did u get to this part? I'm stuck be4...how do u save the frog?

blaze 13-06-2005 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Kosta@Aug 10 2004, 09:27 PM
Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review

hey how do u donwload the game?

A. J. Raffles 13-06-2005 07:53 PM

It's ESA-protected, I'm afraid. So you can't download it here.

nicts 15-06-2005 08:39 AM

It's actually possible to download it at ***. I hope you enjoy it.
I'm having a little trouble with the cook part, can anybody help me?

please, no ads for other pages here -strobe

nicts 15-06-2005 08:40 AM

oops, sorry, it's not actually my webpage or anything, it's ***.
but you actually have to sign up first.

please, no ads for other pages here -strobe

laracroftee 20-06-2005 12:27 PM

this is so cool! i was sure i was the only person in the whole world to be playing this game (who would think so many people would be playing a game 14yrs old?!) :ok:
ive been playing it for a couple of months now. and i think its a really great game, but was a little disappointed how all the promise of that feeling of limitless options sort of fades away after the first day or two (im now up to the mansion on day 4). its like the direction of the project just got changed half way through development. . .
anyone else pick up on that??

The Fifth Horseman 20-06-2005 01:04 PM

Yeah, it seemed so to me as well. Kind of like the rest of the game was a bit rushed.

TeLeKiNeSiS 24-06-2005 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by xndr2181@Aug 11 2004, 03:50 AM
-Sean

I also had this on Sega CD and loved it!!!! I never got a chance to finish it and I gave most of my games to my big bro and he still has a Sega CD. I remember getting stuck at a point where they were rallying at your dad's job and you were in a jetski but I never got passed that point. I'll give it a shot again and see what happens. It was a fun fun fun game :ok:

lootineer 26-06-2005 07:31 AM

I was wondering if anyone else has ever came across the following scene: Willy's mother (and possibly someone else) meditating on the couch, standing on her head with her legs folded. It was weird, I remember seeing this and then the computer (a 386!) locked up. I don't remember ever seeing it again - but I haven't played it for a decade. Has anyone else ever seen this, or was it my horny pre-pubescent mind hallucinating? Thanks!

laracroftee 27-06-2005 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by lootineer@Jun 26 2005, 07:31 AM
I was wondering if anyone else has ever came across the following scene: Willy's mother (and possibly someone else) meditating on the couch, standing on her head with her legs folded. It was weird, I remember seeing this and then the computer (a 386!) locked up. I don't remember ever seeing it again - but I haven't played it for a decade. Has anyone else ever seen this, or was it my horny pre-pubescent mind hallucinating? Thanks!
Yeah thats easy - it happens when you ignore duffy (ur dog), for instance not walking him. Then later on when ur somewhere out of the house it shows the scene you're remembering with duffy disturbing her yoga meditation, putting Willy in BIG trouble. . . (& if i recall its quite explicit the position Willy's mum is in, but now i think I'M imagining things. . . after all its a kids game!)

lootineer 30-06-2005 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by laracroftee@Jun 27 2005, 11:08 AM
(& if i recall its quite explicit the position Willy's mum is in, but now i think I'M imagining things. . . after all its a kids game!)
Yeah, that's the one. My first exposure to video game bewbies! I foresee a lot of people who visit this forum ignoring duffy from now on...

Jason909 30-08-2005 10:43 PM

When I am playing willy beamish there is no SOUND if anyone out there has a good remedy it would be apriciated if they could post solutions

The Fifth Horseman 31-08-2005 11:45 AM

Yeah, sure. Just in what enviroment are you running the game? Windows, DOS, DosBox?

simmykrantz 06-09-2005 01:16 PM

argh! im running an Win XP: Home edition and i ran the game in windows 2000 mode (all others didnt work) and when i got to military camp the game froze! what the huck-leberry finn!?

A. J. Raffles 06-09-2005 02:22 PM

DOSBox should work; have you tried that yet?

Guest 06-09-2005 04:56 PM

tried now,there is another prob,when i was going for the bandaid in the bathroom i had to eat so when i came back it was a game over! what the flick!?

The Fifth Horseman 07-09-2005 11:50 AM

Slow down the game speed.

Guest_guest 07-09-2005 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by the_fifth_horseman@Sep 7 2005, 11:50 AM
Slow down the game speed.
so why did he die?

simmykrantz 08-09-2005 04:33 PM

is there any trick/cheat for making the good-bad meter go high?

ShadowXIX 08-09-2005 10:00 PM

Anyone play this game on Sega CD?

Its been along while but I could have sworn there was voice acting in it and the Nintara game was some type of space shooter game you could actually play?

Anyone else remember this or is my memory going with old age?

mastag83 10-10-2005 12:49 AM

Differences:

Willy Beamish(PC)
-The Nintari isn't playable
-No Voices
-Original Music
-Ending is longer and gives more of a closure to the game

Willy Beamish(Sega CD)
-The Nintari is playable but it's kind of a weird shooting game
-Voices
-Added Sounds
-Remixed Music
-The ending is short, diffrenent and doesn't even show Willy at the Nintari championships.
-Some of the scenery is a little more detailed

The PC version I could never get past the cook she always turned around to fast, which bugged me for a while cause I couldn't even beat it. Well the problem is a fast PC will cause the game to skip frames and make the cook turn around. The solution, I just beat the game on PC today, is to get a DosBOX Emulator it perfectly emulates DOS, so when you get to the part where the cook turns around, when you distract her she will face the wall in front of her til you do what you have to do.Get a DosBox Emulator and run the game on it and you'll finally beat the game without the cook turning around. :cheers:

On another note Dymanix was going to make a sequel where Willy would be a teenager but it got canceled.

Bluntman 11-10-2005 12:40 PM

Wheeeee :cry:

That was one of my favorites back in the days...

Now I'm too late, the ESA defeated me with the quickness :angry:

Guest 21-01-2006 05:36 AM

how do i download the game?

Frodo 21-01-2006 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Guest@Jan 21 2006, 06:36 AM
how do i download the game?
The game is ESA, which means you can't download it anymore. Sorry.

:ok:

SylvaCoin 19-05-2006 06:43 PM

OK hey if you can help me out i will register and become a member. Cuz i remember from my childhood days playing This game and always dieing at the cook also, because my comp was to slow. Now its to fast HAHAHA. anyways via the DosBox tutorial you say some games run to fast on new comps and you're comp needs to be slowed down..Question: How does a nub like me do that?

Thanks I'm at the sludge factory and after i enter the fricken colors and go to nextroom Gordon automatically becomes sludged no time to quckly type air or tram : (

The Fifth Horseman 24-05-2006 01:24 PM

First, install DosBox on your machine, run it, and run the game using it.
The speed of this emulator can be altered, so you can slow the game down enough to get through that part.

Guest 19-06-2006 05:19 PM

Where can i get this game from would love to play it again

Tom Henrik 19-06-2006 05:27 PM

You can't. At least not until a year from now, when the game will be declared abandoned again.

The game is currently protected fiercly by ESA.

Bluntman 02-01-2007 10:36 AM

:ok: It's back :brain: IT'S BAAACK :brain:

Thank you Abandonia :kosta:

andy_blah 17-02-2007 02:18 AM

I`m truly happy that ESA has eliminated its protection for this game. Now it can be downloaded again ^_^
Anyway I have never finished this game but still I played it like over 20 times and I seem to get stuck at the TootSweet factory when I go to the control panel (the one with 3 colored buttons), I cannot press on nothing and I cannot open the case <_< . Can somebody help me with this?

Thanks,
>-Andy-<

problem 14-04-2007 03:32 PM

i cant get either of the dosbox front end programs i downloaded to allow me to save or find saved games, or access the games i saved BEFORE i was running a dosbox aT ALL.

has anyone else had this issue? im running dog and d-fend because im not skilled enough to run dosbox alone.

anyone got any ideas or help, is it simply a feature i didnt see or recognize in the control panels?

Geezer 14-04-2007 03:57 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(problem @ Apr 14 2007, 10:32 AM) [snapback]286974[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

i cant get either of the dosbox front end programs i downloaded to allow me to save or find saved games, or access the games i saved BEFORE i was running a dosbox aT ALL.

has anyone else had this issue? im running dog and d-fend because im not skilled enough to run dosbox alone.

anyone got any ideas or help, is it simply a feature i didnt see or recognize in the control panels? [/b]
I have had a similar situation with another game. It had to do with how the drive mountings were set up in relation to the location that the game was trying to use for the save game directory.

I will test it with Willy Beamish and see if it is the same issue. In the meantime try simply mounting drive letter c to the root of your hard drive as follows ...
mount c c:\
If you edit the game profile in DFend it has a tab that allows you to specify the mountings used for the game. I can't remember, does this game allow you to specify the location where saved games are put?

Masamage 16-04-2007 05:30 PM

I'm playing with DOSbox, and I can't get the calendar in the bar. I can examine it, but for some reason I'm not getting the right mouse cursor to grab it with. Playing outside DOSbox doesn't work either, because the bouncer grabs me immediately due to my computer speed. Any ideas?

superguy20000 13-06-2007 11:53 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Masamage @ Apr 16 2007, 06:30 PM) [snapback]287189[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

I'm playing with DOSbox, and I can't get the calendar in the bar. I can examine it, but for some reason I'm not getting the right mouse cursor to grab it with. Playing outside DOSbox doesn't work either, because the bouncer grabs me immediately due to my computer speed. Any ideas?
[/b]
It's not the one on the wall, its the one on the bar left to the bouncer.

Quote:

Anyway I have never finished this game but still I played it like over 20 times and I seem to get stuck at the TootSweet factory when I go to the control panel (the one with 3 colored buttons), I cannot press on nothing and I cannot open the case . Can somebody help me with this?
[/b]
See the grey box? On the top of it your mouse turns in a arrow and when you click a switch will become visible. :P

daverockstar 22-08-2007 02:38 AM

how in the world do i install this once dl'd?

The Fifth Horseman 22-08-2007 07:46 AM

Just unpack and run it - preferably using DOSBox (there's a newbie guide pinned at top of Troubleshooting forum, if you need one).

Guest_Allen_* 06-09-2007 05:30 AM

This game is awesome but heres one problem, where can i get the version with the voices?! This game is nothing without the voices! Is it still under protection? or is it because noone knows how to run it without the CD, because i DO and am willing to teach whoever is willing to post the real game.

Thank you for your time
Allen

The Fifth Horseman 06-09-2007 12:08 PM

The game is downloadable on Abandonia, and most of the time we do not differentiate CD and floppy versions in regards to their AW/protection/sale status (bar some extremely outlandish cases, at least).

Therefore, we proabably could add the CD version to ISO Cellar - that is, if any of us actually had it (which I'm not so sure about, but then I can't say for sure it isn't somwhere in GraveDigger's or Ermuli's archives).

wq15 06-09-2007 11:23 PM

I have this game practically untouched in it's original box with all the manuals and such, got it for 5 bucks at a thrift store with a ton of other games.

Gary_Oak 07-09-2007 05:05 PM

I had this one for Amiga, It was a great game but the disk swaping was painful and tedious (I believe the game had 15 disks :ph34r: ).

Guest 28-10-2007 04:25 PM

I have it on dosbox and I don't know how to save the game

The Fifth Horseman 29-10-2007 09:06 AM

Open the menu screen. The option's there.

Arthur 13-11-2007 04:56 PM

:sos: In the resturant how do you get rid of that Spider called boy?? I gived him money I gived him the comic! What should I do?

TheChosen 14-11-2007 07:45 AM

Remove the "No smoking" sign from the wall before he comes to the bathroom. Then give him the comic.

The Fifth Horseman 14-11-2007 02:46 PM

Yeah, and keep watching what will happen... LOL

Arthur 14-11-2007 04:47 PM

:brain: :sos: Thank you! Now another problem i read it throw the Forum but i don't know what to do whit that babysitter from hell. And i got just 12 years!:D

The Fifth Horseman 14-11-2007 05:15 PM

Been a while, but I remember you had to use the vacuum cleaner on her.

Arthur 14-11-2007 07:11 PM

I read a comment and it said that i have to use a mice and an vacuum cleaner but i don't know how to use the mice! :sos:

The Fifth Horseman 15-11-2007 07:19 AM

Put the mouse on the table to act as bait. You need to use hair spray to slow the bat down first.

rich 15-11-2007 08:43 PM

i found a bug!!! LOL

so i sprayed the bat, that was fun, but then she split into two bats :-S oh dear LOL so i sucked up one bat after it went after the mouse and the other bat caught me, LOL thats really fun so i cant seem to get past this part.

Guest 15-11-2007 09:30 PM

i dunno what i did but now whenever i throw the mouse the babysitter bad splints into 2 bats one which goes after the mouse and the other one grabs me and the game is over...........LOL

Arthur 16-11-2007 12:18 PM

So if I use the hair spray there will be two bats? :huh: Oh my god!

The Fifth Horseman 16-11-2007 01:26 PM

Try switching on the vacuum cleaner first.

Guest 16-11-2007 04:59 PM

:sos: hOW i TURN ON THE vACUUM ? How do I use the Hair Spray?

The Fifth Horseman 17-11-2007 01:18 PM

Use the vacuum cleaner. Use the spray on the bat. Use mouse on the table. Target the bat with the crosshair and click it.

Arthur 17-11-2007 01:45 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The Fifth Horseman @ Nov 17 2007, 03:18 PM) [snapback]319453[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Use the vacuum cleaner. Use the spray on the bat. Use mouse on the table. Target the bat with the crosshair and click it.
[/b]
What is a crosshair?
and another explication for me: I go behind the bad in the living room. then i put the mouse on the table and than i use the hairspray?

The Fifth Horseman 17-11-2007 03:48 PM

Quote:

What is a crosshair?
and another explication for me: I go behind the bad in the living room. then i put the mouse on the table and than i use the hairspray?[/b]
No. You use the vacuum cleaner, use the hairspray on bat and then use the mouse on the table. In this order.

Quote:

What is a crosshair?[/b]
The "targeter" icon thingy. You'll know when you see it.

Arthur 18-11-2007 03:56 PM

:crybaby: :sos: :D :thanx: I have only 12 years and it is a little bit harder to understand the English becouse I'm not from America or ather English speaking country. How do I use the Hair spray with a long explication if is it possible becouse I've did everything to that Freaking bat! And a big Thank You for all who helped and help me.

The Fifth Horseman 18-11-2007 08:19 PM

I'll replay the game and have the answers shortly.

Potter_Arthur 20-11-2007 03:57 PM

:confused:How do I get Horny in the contest and how do I get home from West Frumpton??? Pls Help!

pamboat 03-01-2008 06:35 PM

i cant get past the kitchen lady for the life of me. I throw the chalice then i walk behind her, pour from the pan right behind her, but as soon as i try to push the cauldron closer to her she turns around! ive tried this so many times..over and over. I think its a glitch or something, because i remember this working when i played this as a kid. anything i might be doing wrong?

The Fifth Horseman 03-01-2008 10:06 PM

Slow down your DOSBox.

martin08 30-03-2008 12:19 AM

one thing i like about this game is the free roaming non linear element and the rt clock once you completed a task you can pretty much do what you want unlike other game

martin08 02-04-2008 09:30 PM

if you get bugs try dosbox itll run ok

Ceres 24-04-2008 04:46 PM

problem with Chef Childish

The game is fantastic and I've just discovered it. But I have a big problem with getting through one stage on level 4th: I just can't deal with Chef Childish!! Maybe something's wrong with my game, but she's just to quick for Willy to do anything after he walks behind the couloir. I catch the pan and try to throw it somewhere between the pot and the cook, but nothing happens and the cook catches me sooner than I manage to do anything else. What do I do wrong? Should I use the key "operate" or should I throw the pan into Willy's rucksack or in a very specific point of the floor? I don;t know, please help me, I'm becoming depressed because of it

Ceres 24-04-2008 04:50 PM

Ah, I see... you say that one should get his Dos-Box and slow it down. Please, tell me, what do you mean exactly? I have the programme Microsoft Dos but I don't know if I have Dos-box. How to get it and how to make it slower?? Please, help me, I'm such a dope so far as computers are concerned :>

Ceres 24-04-2008 04:55 PM

Ok, I've downloadaed Dosbox and installed it succesfully. Now I don't kno what to do to make Willy Beamish game work in it. I will be trying, but if any advice from you appears, I will be very grateful <3

sorry for writing one post under another: I can't see the 'edit' button here :\

The Fifth Horseman 24-04-2008 05:21 PM

Read "A Beginner's Guide to DOSBox" sticky in Troubleshooting.

Ceres 25-04-2008 11:32 AM

Many thanks ! :)

OriolesRule 08-08-2008 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceres (Post 324288)
The game is fantastic and I've just discovered it. But I have a big problem with getting through one stage on level 4th: I just can't deal with Chef Childish!! Maybe something's wrong with my game, but she's just to quick for Willy to do anything after he walks behind the couloir. I catch the pan and try to throw it somewhere between the pot and the cook, but nothing happens and the cook catches me sooner than I manage to do anything else. What do I do wrong? Should I use the key "operate" or should I throw the pan into Willy's rucksack or in a very specific point of the floor? I don;t know, please help me, I'm becoming depressed because of it

Are you running the game in DOSBox? If you run the game on any PC with a Pentium processor you need to use that utility (available on this very website!) Press Ctrl-F11 to slow down the game & Ctrl-F12 to speed up the game. The number of CPU cycles shown in DOSBox's title bar is the speed of the animations in the game.

I have a different problem. I've managed to throw the chalice into the sink, sneak up behind the chef, pour the oil into the pot & onto the floor, & push the pot. After I sneak back to the kitchen's entrance & get onto the conveyor belt, the darn chef starts screaming! I put the helmet on her head, but when I leave Willy gets caught every time!

What else can I do to muffle the chef?

JC Denton 10-05-2009 11:11 PM

I have this on Sega CD, but figured downloading the PC version would be easier than digging up my disk/Sega CD and be skip-free. Bummed when I played it and couldn't hear voice-overs; but I feel better knowing they were never in the PC version to begin with.

Had problems running it at first, but drag-drop to DOSBox icon on desktop works like a charm!

This may have been the first non-text-based adventure game I ever played. I was always a console kid growing up.

Geezer 11-05-2009 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC Denton (Post 363706)
I have this on Sega CD, but figured downloading the PC version would be easier than digging up my disk/Sega CD and be skip-free. Bummed when I played it and couldn't hear voice-overs; but I feel better knowing they were never in the PC version to begin with.

Had problems running it at first, but drag-drop to DOSBox icon on desktop works like a charm!

This may have been the first non-text-based adventure game I ever played. I was always a console kid growing up.

Pretty sure there is a CD version for the PC that has the voice overs. Obviously not the one on-site, though.

cnquist 15-06-2009 06:08 PM

Just started playing this game. Seems pretty fun. One thing I'm curious about. Is it possible to get stuck in this game by not picking up an item earlier? In other words can I get into, say day 4 and not be able to progress because I didn't pick up the doodad in day 1?

The Fifth Horseman 16-06-2009 04:41 AM

Not really.
But if you don't do certain things, you might get the bad ending.

cnquist 16-06-2009 03:58 PM

Thanks. Is there just two endings? Good and Bad?

The Fifth Horseman 16-06-2009 04:29 PM

I recall there being more than one.

christhecoolboy 05-06-2010 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kosta (Post 6930)

Review

wasnt the game supposed to have a sequel, I wish Jeff who left Dnyamix would try and get this game back and make a sequel, it would be such a good idea...

BillyH666 10-06-2012 06:41 PM

Hi, I recently installed the CD version of willy beamish with dosbox. It works fine, smooth, no crashes yet. But whenever I try to save my game, it says the drive is full, and when I try to change the directory it says that said drive doesn't exist and/or there has been a drive error. Could anyone help me with this problem?

The Fifth Horseman 10-06-2012 07:11 PM

Most likely you need to change the mounting command you use so that DOSBox reports a false amount of available space to the game. You do that by adding -freesize x at the end of the MOUNT command, where x is the amount of space (in megabytes) you want to be "shown" to the games and other software running in DOSBox.
For further reference, see:
http://www.dosbox.com/wiki/MOUNT#Mou...ce_for_a_drive
http://www.dosbox.com/DOSBoxManual.h...ternalPrograms

BillyH666 10-06-2012 07:24 PM

will do, thanks! :D

blarg33 16-09-2012 04:27 PM

hi, i'm having a similar save issue

i'm running the game with the following commands:

[autoexec]
# Lines in this section will be run at startup.
@echo off
mount C C
imgmount D "CD\willybeamish.iso" -t iso
D:
willy C:\dynamix\wcd\resource.cfg
exit

it won't save because the default save directory comes up as D: (the cd drive)
i can change the directory to c: and it will save. is there anyway to automatically
have the default save directory come up as c:? (i'm setting this up to play through
a front end with a game pad, and won't have access to a keyboard while playing).

The Fifth Horseman 17-09-2012 03:01 PM

Try:
mount C C
imgmount D "CD\willybeamish.iso" -t iso
C:
D:\willy C:\dynamix\wcd\resource.cfg
exit

AndrewJFisher 14-09-2018 11:30 PM

On GOG now

You can get Willy Beamish on GOG now

AndrewJFisher 12-05-2021 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewJFisher (Post 482756)
You can get Willy Beamish on GOG now

https://www.gog.com/game/the_adventu..._willy_beamish

The current time is 08:29 AM (GMT)