Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Blah, blah, blah... (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Paying Some Tribute (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=14621)

TheChosen 26-06-2007 08:33 AM

Yesterday, professional wrestler Christopher Michael Benoit, better known as Chris Benoit, was found dead in his home.

If someone would ask me "Who's the best wrestler", I would probably say Benoit. Benoit had such an great skills. He could pull a great match with anyone and he was very passionate wrestler.

Its a funny thing that you might not miss a person until he's gone for good.

Thank you for all of the great matches and memories Chris.

http://www.photofile.com/Photos/Phot...Benoit_315.jpg
Chris Benoit 1967-2007

*And now, If you'l excuse me, I have to cry a few tears*

Titan 26-06-2007 08:46 AM

In my news it said;
He was found dead along with his wife and kid.
The police suspect murder and then suecide..................

Sorry, but will not share any tears over a murderer.

Quote:

Originally posted by CNN.com
Wrestler found dead at metro Atlanta home

FAYETTEVILLE, Ga. (CNN) -- Pro wrestler Chris Benoit, his wife, Nancy, and their seven-year-old son, Daniel, were found dead Monday at their metro Atlanta home, according to Fayette County authorities.

"We're viewing it at the moment as a murder-suicide," said Fayette County District Attorney Scott Ballard. "The sheriff's office has already very thoroughly investigated and, with the crime lab, will continue to investigate and I'm quite confident, in a few days, we'll have a lot more answers than we have right now."

Benoit's employer, the WWE, called the sheriff's department after the wrestler missed two appointments over the weekend, including a pay-per-view event in Houston.

The WWE mourned Benoit, 40, on its Web site, hailing him as one of the great champions of professional wrestling.

"The sports-entertainment world has truly suffered a loss with his passing, as one of the all-time greats was taken well before his time."

Nicknamed the "Rabid Wolverine," the native of Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, held various individual and tag-team titles during his 22-year wrestling career.

In his biography on the WWE Web site, Benoit is quoted as saying: "Wrestling has consumed my life ... It's my mistress, my passion. It defines a lot of who I am as a person."

Lt. Tommy Pope of the Fayette County Sheriffs Office said preliminary autopsy results are expected Tuesday afternoon, with toxicology results due on Wednesday. (Posted 12:20 a.m.)

Stroggy 26-06-2007 08:57 AM

Well, in all fairness:
a) it isn't certain yet; and
b) it doesn't say who murdered whom... though seeing as he is the pro wrestler I guess it was likely him.

Sebatianos 26-06-2007 09:15 AM

Man, the last I've seen the guy in a match was a few years back, but he doubled in size (especially muscle size), so I'm guessing he's been really pumped up on some steroids or something.

He was a great wrestler, I agree there, but one has to wonder what goes on in the minds of these people. I mean, sure the fights aren't exactly real, but still a lot of hurt is involved in them (kindda like stuntmen). And I guess the wrestlers have to be in a constant adrenalin rush - if not directly stoned (I'm not sure, but I think they don't really have to be tested for drugs since it's not a real sporting competition).

Still, what has happened is a tragedy. An entire family found dead! Bad news indeed.

Himmler 26-06-2007 09:27 AM

stress got to him, i guess. but that's not an excuse. i hope you shed your tears for the career man, not for the man that he was.

punch999 26-06-2007 12:42 PM

Titan don't be a behind. There is no proof as of yet he killed him.

And seb trust me benoit wasn't on steroids.

Himmler 26-06-2007 01:21 PM

those are steroids muscles.

Benoit failed to appear both at Saturday’s live event in Beaumont, Tx., and WWE’s Vengeance: Night of Champions in Houston Sunday night, after informing WWE of a family emergency. Several curious text messages sent by Benoit early Sunday morning prompted concerned friends to alert Richard Hering, VP of Government Relations for WWE, Inc. Hering, in turn, spoke with Fayette County sheriffs Monday, and requested that they respond to the Benoit residence to check on him and his family.

punch999 26-06-2007 01:29 PM

Seb The wwe has a strict drug and steroid testing policy now. And it is for real because a lot of guys get suspended and fired because of it.

Havell 26-06-2007 02:28 PM

Look at the guy, you simply don't get like that without steroids. The facts you've seen muscles like that on lots of people jsut indicates thier prevalence. Look at photos of weightlifters and bodybuilders from before the introduction of steroids, they're totaly different to what they look like today.

He may have stopped taking them recently becuase of the testing, but he certainly built those muscles up through steroids. Steroids passes throguh yuor system entirely in a matter of days anyway, guys take them to build up the muscles and stop a couple of weeks beforehand so they can pass the drugs tests.

Doesn't make his and his family's death any less tragic though, even though I've never heard of him before.

chainsoar 26-06-2007 02:58 PM

You don't get muscles like that without steroids? Check out some champion bodybuilders - those guys get disgraced out of the bodybuilding world if they get caught using performance enhancing drugs, and some of them are WAY bigger than Benoit.

Anywho, back on topic, while everyone seems to be jumping to the conclusion that Benoit was a murderer just because that's what the Sheriff's Office says, I think it's possible someone else killed them. A crazed fan perhaps? Who knows. No investigative officer of the law can walk straight into a crime scene like this one and say definitively that they know what happened, and often enough their initial suspicion proves to be wrong. This is WHY cops investigate before giving the final verdict.

EDIT : I found this -

Quote:

According to lead investigator Lt. Tommy Pope, of the Fayette County Sheriff’s Department, in Fayetteville, Ga., the deaths of WWE Superstar Chris Benoit, wife Nancy and son Daniel were the result of a double murder-suicide, WWE.com has learned.

Benoit failed to appear both at Saturday’s live event in Beaumont, Tx., and WWE’s Vengeance: Night of Champions in Houston Sunday night, after informing WWE of a family emergency. Several curious text messages sent by Benoit early Sunday morning prompted concerned friends to alert Richard Hering, VP of Government Relations for WWE, Inc. Hering, in turn, spoke with Fayette County sheriffs Monday, and requested that they respond to the Benoit residence to check on him and his family.

Authorities representing the Sheriff’s Department initially had a difficult time entering Benoit’s new Fayetteville home Monday afternoon, which had been guarded by two large German Shepherds roaming freely around the property. Once authorities entered the residence, they quickly located the bodies of Benoit, Nancy and Daniel. WWE was notified of the discovery at approximately 4 p.m.

At 10 p.m. Monday night, Lt. Pope held a press conference in conjunction with Scott Ballard, the district attorney for Fayette County. The press conference officially ruled authorities’ findings as a double murder-suicide from within the home.

WAGA, a FOX-owned and operated television station in Atlanta, reported that investigators believe Benoit killed his wife and 7-year-old son over the weekend, then himself on Monday.

The three bodies have been received by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation’s crime lab, in Decatur, Ga., where autopsies will be performed Tuesday morning. Toxicology reports will not become available for at least two weeks.

WWE.com has further information relating to both the investigation and the cause of death, but the Fayette County Sheriff’s Department has requested that WWE.com not release any additional details at this time.[/b]

Himmler 26-06-2007 03:10 PM

i read that he may have killed his family during the weekend and killed himself on monday. you can't blame them..the stress gets to them

punch999 26-06-2007 03:19 PM

Well it is hard to believe he would kill himself the night before he is getting the ECW world championship.

Sebatianos 26-06-2007 04:17 PM

#Alex#, OK, so they maybe aren't using stereoids, but some other drug that still didn't make it to the list of illegal substances (check out his pictures from years ago and now and you'll see).

And just what is that EWC championship title match got to do with anything? You think someone murdered him to prevent him from eneterin the ring (but they killed his family first, as a warning for him)? Highly unlikely, since the results are already known in advance.

Himmler 26-06-2007 05:08 PM

life isn't about titles...so that does not count as a valid point. people freak out cause of everyday stress. it's natural and it can happen to anyone

punch999 26-06-2007 05:49 PM

Seb No offence but get your facts straight before argueing.

He was going to win the title but because of a family emergency he had to not go to the show on Sunday.

And it is ECW. I thought you said you once watched wrestling?

Sebatianos 26-06-2007 09:57 PM

#Alex#, don't get so punchy about it. :bleh:

Look, the thing is, we don't know exactly what happened. If the guy really killed his family he got off too easy. If somebody else killed them all (which I do seem quite unlikely) then it's so much the worse (people comming and killing entire families). As himmler keeps on saying - stress is a huge factor here. Who knows what happened. I mean just take a look at "normal" actors, and the lifestyles they have (devorcing, cheating, having wild parties... not all though). Now think of a wrestles (again a very famous person, probably with a lot of money, but getting hit a lot and probably permanently on chemical substances - if nothing else at least pain killers) and you'll see that it's not really difficult to blow ones top. Just take a look at Jake Robert's life (he had a son you know, but he never really had any contact with his son). And about the title match... that was meant as a cinical coment - it's like if I'd say an actor would get killed in real life, so somebody could prevent his acted out assasin of a well loved celebrity or something.

And I really doubt the crazed fan theory - that probably wouldn't include the family. I'm afraid there was a family fight (that's why he canceled the event) and it turned out really badly!

I can still say for my self I enjoy wrestling (the EWC was a typo), but I don't see them as sportsmen (and women), but as entertainers, sort of like a circus act (but more painful).

:boxing:

punch999 26-06-2007 11:58 PM

They released how the all died and I must say it is completly gruesome and wrong what he did. I am not going to say how he killed them but it was unnecissarilly brutal. He also killed them over a 3 day time period. I am sorry for defending such a sick individual and was just trying to give the guy the benefit of the doubt.

Sorry and if you wanted to know what happened just look it up. I am just not going to glorify it by posting what he did.

chainsoar 27-06-2007 12:16 AM

Jesus...so he did do it. And he was on steroids. Well, I guess the wrestling world isn't as hot on drug use as the bodybuilding circuit, like I thought it was. I don't think any WWE fan saw this one coming.

By the way, Alex, while I'm not defending the man, anabolic steroids can have a severe effect on mental health, and it looks now like Benoit was pumped full of them. Bear that in mind...I'm not saying it justifies what he did, but perhaps it at least means that he wasn't a "sick individual".

Mighty Midget 27-06-2007 12:27 AM

Steroids or not, he was sick alright, sick as in mentally ill, not as in "dude, you're sick L O L". It doesn't serve as an excuse, but more as a warning I'd say. It's better to look like Robinson Crusoe and be in good mental health, than to look like some Conan and be completly unglued. Ok, the reasons may have been many and it's not even certain that the steroids had anything to do with it but still, chances are also that they had everything to do with it.

It is deeply tragic, also for him. I'm not sure if he had the right to live after that stunt, but I do feel as much sorry for him as I do for the kid and his wife.
R.I.P all three of them.

punch999 27-06-2007 01:36 AM

Actually they didn't find steroids in the house that was mis reported.

Eva02Soul 27-06-2007 02:08 AM

I just read the releases. That was a seriously messed up event. I think the WWE should make severe, strict crackdowns and psyche tests for their clients, especially considering the increased fatality count of recent years. (Say, from 2002 onwards)

punch999 27-06-2007 02:25 AM

Only 2 people in the employ of the WWE have died in that time period. This isn't just a wwe problem. This is a TNA problem, This is a problem for the indies. This is a problem for everybody. And everybody needs to start thinking about what is up and how we might be able to reduce the suicide rate.

And the suicide rate is a HUGE problem just this year Mike awesome has died from hanging himself. Bam Bam Bigelow OD'd On coke. And although Sherri Martell didn't Directly commit suicide. She has been a rampant drug and alcohol user for many years. Although vince is a great target for this he is as much to blame as Ian rotten,Jerry Jarret,Mad Man pondo.Gabe Spolsky and anyone else. Don't blame the WWE. Just try to find a solution everyone can easily implement and cheaply use. And make the system Open source per se so that if Gabe or Ian or any other indie promoter can use it they can too.

Dictionary.
Jerry Jarret=Owner Of TNA wrestling
Ian Rotten= IWA-MS owner
Gabe Spolsky = ROH owner
Mad Man pondo = IWA-EC owner

Lulu_Jane 27-06-2007 05:09 AM

Weird, sad and disturbing.

I wonder what the toxicology/autopsy report will say about him... Although I'm not wondering too much, I'm not that morbid.

*goes back to watching the UFC*

TheChosen 27-06-2007 07:06 AM

Shocking....totally shocking.

And surprisingly, they DID found some steriods from his home. Anabolic. The last time Benoit was tested was on April 10th.

Im still not going to "declare" anything yet until the autopsy.

Mighty Midget 27-06-2007 08:34 AM

I don't think it's much to declare really. I'm sure their relatives would appreciate getting a break from all theories right now. Let the coppers and the coroner handle this, and f**k any media gorging themselves on all the dirty details. I'ts none of our business.

BUT: IF steroids were to blame, I hope people will start take notice that steroids are NEVER good for you. Period. Unfortunately, I don't really believe many people could care less. Soon we get all the usual excuses: He was a maniac, I can take it, and so on. I don't think many, if any, will learn.

Sebatianos 27-06-2007 09:15 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(#Alex# @ Jun 27 2007, 01:58 AM) [snapback]296574[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

I am sorry for defending such a sick individual and was just trying to give the guy the benefit of the doubt.
[/b]
That's understandable Alex. You were obviously a fan. Benoit put up a great show (at least from what I remember him in the past) and I too had quite a lot of respect for him as a preformer. But that's just what this industry does to you!

I remember wrestling back in the eighties, where there were about 4 main events in the whole year and the rest were just show off matches (sometimes a few half-stars would fight among eachother though), where a superstar (let's say Hogan, Savage, Andre the Giant,...) wouldn't even appear (except maybe for an interview and it would be some potential chalenger (Big Boss Man, Mr. Perfect, Tito Santana,...) who'd fight against a person that was sure to loose (Jim Powers, The Genious, Barry Horowitz...). They could perform at 40%-50% and the crowd was content and at big events (like Wrestlemania or Survival Series) they gave that much more, but even there they were really pushed to the limit.

Compare this to today's wrestling (20 years later). Every week there's a major event (usually on Monday nights). There are very few fights where wrestlers can get away with showing less then 100%. It got way more physical. The matches last longer, there are more throws, twists, falls, collisions... Even though they're not really fighting eachother (after all a well aimed dropkick to the face would at least break your nose - no matter how strong you are) it's physical and it does hurt. The body suffers.

Also compare the bodies of wrestlers now and then! The Mighty Hercules was one of the buffest wrestlers some 20 years ago. Those might have even been real muscles, but most wrestlers never were buff! Just look at guys like Hacksaw Jim Dugan, Jake "The Snake" Roberts, Hillbilly Jim, Bad News Brown, The Brokly Brawler... Yes, they were bigger then an average Joe, but they weren't buff. That started later on and that's an added strain. You either have to workout non stop or take some body messing substances. And now imagine two physical matches per week and five days of hard training. The body simply doesn't have the time to recuperate. So they don't relax anymore, they just want to get away. No wonder more and more drugs are there (it usually starts with the pain killers and ends with heavy duty narcotics - which knock out the pain and get you high).

So why do they do it?

If they wouldn't the profit would dissapear. I seriously can't imagine crowds getting excited about 3 minut matches where they see two dropkicks, a clothesline and a body slam, followed by a trademark move and the match is over. It's the fans that demand more action, more brutality, more pain for the wrestlers, more endurance... and the ones who an supply it (usually the ones who take illegal substances) are the ones who are demanded the most (which causes them to use even more of such substances). It's a vicious circle with no clear way out. The only alternative to this might be cruserweights, but then you'll get a bunch of 16-24 year kids who'll give it all they can, but will get crippled by the time they reach 25 (the backbone, the knees... they all can't remain unharmed with so much body abuse). Which again isn't good. And when they would finally make the breakthrough to become major stars, they'd have to retire. Wrestling is in for the crises.

And unfortunately I don't see them really start fighting the usage of illegal substances in the wrestling. It's the only thing that can make thier wrestles tick for so long and so much. Without it, they'll loose their stars - or their shows will have to take a major step back.

Why do you think stars of the past had so many gimmicks (snakes, clowns, shiny glasses, tearing of the shirts, stunt rods, cuffs...)? IT was the gimmicks that made people watch them and they took the attention off the match, so the matches didn't have to be at 100%. That simply can't happen today anymore.

And again, don't worry about protecting the guy. After all, everybody is innocent until proven guilty (according tot he law), so you really were only giving him the benefit of the doubt and weren't defending a savage killer.

punch999 27-06-2007 12:34 PM

I don't watch WWE much although I knew that benoit was a very respected individual and he had a huge amount of skills. I watch the smaller stuff where you get nice 1 hour matchs which show EVERYTHING and tell a nice story.

punch999 29-06-2007 01:46 PM

New thing that was posted on wikipedia and it is pretty interesting.

Nancy Benoits death was reported on wikipedia 14 hours before anyone knew about her being dead.

Maybe it was a frame up?

Himmler 29-06-2007 04:02 PM

keep telling yourself that :P

punch999 29-06-2007 10:32 PM

Don't be an behind.

And they found the girl who posted it and she says it was a misinterpretation of some wrestling news sites.

There are girls who read wrestling news sites?

Eva02Soul 30-06-2007 03:06 AM

Of course there are. There are plenty of female wrestling fans and I know some of them. Don't go hunting for conspiracy in this.

punch999 30-06-2007 04:08 AM

There are female pro wrestling fans. But there aren't many female pro wrestling Smart marks. Sorry.

Lulu_Jane 30-06-2007 04:30 AM

Meh, it was just a wiki-vandal.

punch999 30-06-2007 05:38 AM

Not a wiki vandal just a person who misinterpreted that throwing up blood meant she was dead.

Lulu_Jane 30-06-2007 06:48 AM

Well just a wiki-idiot then.

"I did the wrong thing by posting it on wikipedia to spite there being no evidence."

Sebatianos 01-07-2007 12:17 AM

That's one of the reasons you should never refer to Wikipedia as a serious source of information. I mean even more traditional sources, like newspapers or TV news, can't really be refered to as reliable (there have been far too many flaws made in the haste of bringing sensational news as soon as possible and to the largest possible crowd.

punch999 01-07-2007 12:19 AM

A sad new thing has been uncovered. He killed his son with his very famous finishing move the Crippler crossface.

JJXB 01-07-2007 03:30 AM

I Feel sorry for the deceased family. there have been a couple of jokes that have been doing the rounds on sickipedia but i thought it not wise to post them. (and for anyone who doesn't know what sickipedia is and really wants to know, just google it but i warn you, don't look at it if your sensitive about certain events)

U-Boat Commander David 01-07-2007 05:47 AM

Thats horrible. Like, seriously, wtf. I am shocked.

Burger Meister 02-07-2007 10:21 PM

I'm pretty sure it was a roid rage. Too bad, that's like the 3rd wrestler that has died in the last 10 years I think.

punch999 04-07-2007 04:02 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Burger Meister @ Jul 2 2007, 06:21 PM) [snapback]297676[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

I'm pretty sure it was a roid rage. Too bad, that's like the 3rd wrestler that has died in the last 10 years I think.
[/b]

You have to be f'ing kidding me. My favorite 5 wrestlers have died THIS YEAR!
More then 20 have died that were already retired.

Get your damn facts straight,

Oh and roid rage doesn't take 3 days.

Lulu_Jane 04-07-2007 06:10 AM

Calm down Alex :)

Incidentally I used to live with a guy who was abusing steroids, he was a psychopath. Worst housemate EVER.

Dave 04-07-2007 08:26 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(#Alex# @ Jul 1 2007, 02:19 AM) [snapback]297354[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

He killed his son with his very famous finishing move the Crippler crossface.
[/b]
It means nothing! That person is dead, you should respect him <_<.

Lulu_Jane 04-07-2007 09:02 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(David86 @ Jul 4 2007, 08:26 AM) [snapback]297856[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(#Alex# @ Jul 1 2007, 02:19 AM) [snapback]297354[/snapback]
Quote:

He killed his son with his very famous finishing move the Crippler crossface.
[/b]
It means nothing! That person is dead, you should respect him <_<.
[/b][/quote]

...well, he did say it was sad :huh:

Dave 04-07-2007 12:00 PM

Life is not a show, he's an assassin so please don't tell me "Oh wow, he was a real wrestler, he killed his son with his very famous special combo, COOL".

Ok, maybe I'm exagerate, Alex did say it was sad but I think it wasn't a good comment :)

Himmler 04-07-2007 02:48 PM

well alex said it as a downside...cause he thought it was a set-up

punch999 05-07-2007 04:34 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(David86 @ Jul 4 2007, 08:00 AM) [snapback]297896[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Life is not a show, he's an assassin so please don't tell me "Oh wow, he was a real wrestler, he killed his son with his very famous special combo, COOL".

Ok, maybe I'm exagerate, Alex did say it was sad but I think it wasn't a good comment :)
[/b]

When did I say It was his uber combo? It is a legitimate submission move that he used on his son. THere is nothing freaking glorified about that. It just shows and backs up the fact that he was losing the difference between wrestling and reality.

Icewolf 05-07-2007 09:43 AM

...given that all this is real...

Burger Meister 06-07-2007 01:50 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(#Alex# @ Jul 4 2007, 04:02 AM) [snapback]297841[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Burger Meister @ Jul 2 2007, 06:21 PM) [snapback]297676[/snapback]
Quote:

[/b]

You have to be f'ing kidding me. My favorite 5 wrestlers have died THIS YEAR!
More then 20 have died that were already retired.

Get your damn facts straight,

Oh and roid rage doesn't take 3 days.
[/b][/quote]

K dude, how bout you f***ing chill, sorry I'm not the wrestler trivia master and that I do not know everything about steroids. Just chill!

Himmler 06-07-2007 06:48 AM

c'mon, man! even I knew that! and i didn't even watch wrestling...
the last one i heard about before this steroid abuser was one who fell from 40 feet...or what was it...

Tulac 06-07-2007 07:54 AM

You can only see as many deaths in the porn industry. Stressing jobs?

Eva02Soul 06-07-2007 01:48 PM

I think it's the high-impact lifestyles. I mean, how many american mainstream pornos are released per year?

nyrhinen 06-07-2007 10:16 PM

Man, what's wrong with the wrestlers nowadays? Hulk Hogan never did anything like this. :)
Of course it's really sad when one dies, but if he really did what the police suspects, then no tribute from me. Sorry.

And to the porno argue. I think that there's are huge amounts of stress in the business. Also, I don't want to be a sissy, but love is very big part of almost everyone's life and when you're working in the porno industry, you can have really bad love life. There's the part when a man says "I'm off to work, honey" and leaves. "Honey" can get used to the thing that her husband *meep*s other women for work, but it can be annoying and make things bad in the long scale. I'm not a big fan of porn, but do porn stars usually have good love life and long-lasting relationships? I think not.

punch999 07-07-2007 01:42 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Himmler @ Jul 6 2007, 02:48 AM) [snapback]298107[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

the last one i heard about before this steroid abuser was one who fell from 40 feet...or what was it...
[/b]
Huh?

Burger Meister 07-07-2007 02:02 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Himmler @ Jul 6 2007, 06:48 AM) [snapback]298107[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

[/b]
It was owen heart, he fell from like 40 feet onto the turn buckle and died.

punch999 07-07-2007 04:59 AM

Thank you I knew that he was talking about owen hart. I was wondering how you knew he took steroids (that has never been released information) And also I believe it was around 100 feet.

Besides we all know it was a fake. New jack thru vic grimes 40 feet into the ring ropes and he survived! :P

Himmler 07-07-2007 06:00 AM

yeah, butthis one fell and hit his head if i recall

Lulu_Jane 07-07-2007 07:11 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(#Alex# @ Jul 7 2007, 04:59 AM) [snapback]298306[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Besides we all know it was a fake.
[/b]
Um, not to be rude, but isn't it all fake?

Eva02Soul 07-07-2007 01:39 PM

It's all staged, but I wouldn't go so far as to call it totally fake. These people do hurt themselves and accidents and downright tragedies do happen.

punch999 07-07-2007 03:27 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lulu_Jane @ Jul 7 2007, 03:11 AM) [snapback]298313[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(#Alex# @ Jul 7 2007, 04:59 AM) [snapback]298306[/snapback]
Quote:

Besides we all know it was a fake.
[/b]
Um, not to be rude, but isn't it all fake?
[/b][/quote]

I was being sarcastic... Owen hart died. Because he *meep*ed up with the cable he was going to descend down to the ring. And no it is not fake. I know plenty of pro wrestlers who will tell you they ache 24/7. I know wrestlers who will tell you they can barely move and have to keep all their energy because they have to wrestle daily to just make enough money to pay the bills. It isn't fake. People get punched. Jump 20 feet onto eachother on a barely cushioned surface. Go thru real tables. Really get cut. And really die.

It is predetirmend. But don't call it fake.

JJXB 07-07-2007 11:33 PM

i doubt the pain is fake but the fact of the matter is, it's entertainment, not pure skill... that's what the WWE was all about from the beginning, drama not a serious display of how good someone can wrestle.

i was a wrestling nut when i was younger but i saw more than WWF/WWE (i preferred ECW, less drama to ruin it. NWO was better than WWE as well though) during that time.

WWE keeps getting viewers because of the storylines that serve as something to follow to keep the wrestlers careers as actors going (i say actors since half the time it was blah blah blah and not wrestling).

punch999 08-07-2007 12:01 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JJXB @ Jul 7 2007, 07:33 PM) [snapback]298428[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

i doubt the pain is fake but the fact of the matter is, it's entertainment, not pure skill... that's what the WWE was all about from the beginning, drama not a serious display of how good someone can wrestle.

i was a wrestling nut when i was younger but i saw more than WWF/WWE (i preferred ECW, less drama to ruin it. NWO was better than WWE as well though) during that time.

WWE keeps getting viewers because of the storylines that serve as something to follow to keep the wrestlers careers as actors going (i say actors since half the time it was blah blah blah and not wrestling).
[/b]

Wait you watched ecw because there was less drama? Or did it have anything to do with the actual good wrestling?

JJXB 08-07-2007 12:13 AM

i watched for more than one reason. one of them was for the fact that it was actually hardcore compared to the WWE (or WWF as it was called at the time) and there wasn't the amount of chit chat that there was with WWE (on WWE, they spent more time shooting their mouth off than wrestling) which made the prospect of sitting through a program to watch someone get smashed through a table or smacked over the head with a chair much easier since you didn't have the "Blah Blah Blah, Yadda Yadda Yadda" to sit through before any action.

when i was younger, the violence was the attraction but i can see now that ECW took more skill/pain tolerance since the WWE never went as far as ECW and that meant they had to work harder to survive in the ring (no matter if it was rigged or not, a ECW barbed wire rope match combined with tables and every other type of possible weapon would be a lot harder to endure than any WWE hardcore match)

punch999 08-07-2007 03:47 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JJXB @ Jul 7 2007, 08:13 PM) [snapback]298434[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

i watched for more than one reason. one of them was for the fact that it was actually hardcore compared to the WWE (or WWF as it was called at the time) and there wasn't the amount of chit chat that there was with WWE (on WWE, they spent more time shooting their mouth off than wrestling) which made the prospect of sitting through a program to watch someone get smashed through a table or smacked over the head with a chair much easier since you didn't have the "Blah Blah Blah, Yadda Yadda Yadda" to sit through before any action.

when i was younger, the violence was the attraction but i can see now that ECW took more skill/pain tolerance since the WWE never went as far as ECW and that meant they had to work harder to survive in the ring (no matter if it was rigged or not, a ECW barbed wire rope match combined with tables and every other type of possible weapon would be a lot harder to endure than any WWE hardcore match)
[/b]
Yeah too bad ECW is now a wwe product. But it really has bullshit to do with the wwe except tazz and joey styles are announcers. It is just another wwe show.

The current time is 05:24 PM (GMT)