Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Tech Corner (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   What Graphics Card Do You Prefer? (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=6352)

Apocalypse Dude 21-07-2005 07:53 PM

I myself prefer ATI because they give the same performance for less money..
I have a ATI Radeon 9800 SE now.

MdaG 21-07-2005 07:54 PM

Nvidia, I need a graphics card that I know have bleeding edge drivers for both Linux and Windows.

Sean 21-07-2005 08:10 PM

I have never had any of thoose :(

I'd say ATI because they seem to be compatiable with most games and aren't all too expensive.

The Niles 21-07-2005 08:12 PM

I prefer which ever one gets me the best graphics for my budget. In other words I PREFER neither. I had ATI (9600 PRO) before my current one and switched to NVIDIA (6600GT) for my latest.

NVIDIA has the best ones out at the moment (by far) so if you want to go fast then you need to go NVIDIA. A year ago that would have been ATI. Things change fast in the computer industry.

Shifter 21-07-2005 08:42 PM

Yeah, it's kinda an odd question because Technology changse so much. nVidia has the best cards, for the money for a bit, then ATI surpasses them, then nVidia again..it kinda goes back..I currently have an ATI Radeon 9800XT because it was the card I chose to get by what I read at the time..I hear some of the newer nVidia cards are a better buy..but I don't really pay attention since I can't really afford to upgrade right now anyways..

Apocalypse Dude 22-07-2005 06:18 AM

Not really, I also Had a lot of problems with my previous graphics card (Geforce 4200), so that was for em the reason to choose a ATI, why pay more money for a card that has lesser compatibilty...

The Niles 22-07-2005 06:38 AM

Neither NVIDIA nor ATI has "lesser compatibility". I have had problems running games with cards from both companies. With the complexity of today’s games that is bound to happen. If anything ATI used to have slower driver support meaning it would take longer for known problems to get fixed (they don't any longer).
If you want compatibility in the form of cross platform support you need NVIDIA btw. ATI's primary purpose is to accelerate Direct3D which is Windows specific. NVIDIA uses OpenGL which can be used on any OS.

Shrek 22-07-2005 09:03 AM

i have my old GForce with 32 MB (i don' t know the model and i don' t care :bleh: ) which does its job well enough. before that i had a very old "diamond multimedia" with 2 MB (and what a excelent card that was 10 years ago, then they were taken by S3) so as you all can see, i' m not that kind of guy that is always trying to keep up to the newest technologies. i have experienced several problems when i bought that GForce but then, after a few :wall: it still works fine, and will still lasts until i decide i need a new one (or i have money for a new one LOL )

mm_pie 22-07-2005 10:35 AM

I have to say Nvidia, i am so amazed with their 6600 GT, great value 4 money! Even if you dont have PCIE, it's still worth it on agp. :cheers:

Quintopotere 22-07-2005 11:13 AM

I voted NVIDIA because of their 6600 PCI cards :ok:

The current time is 09:51 AM (GMT)