Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Tech Corner (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Norton Internet Security v Norton 360 v BullGuard (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=27150)

Frodo 02-06-2011 12:49 PM

Norton Internet Security v Norton 360 v BullGuard

My internet protection runs out next month, so I need to renew soon. :whops:

I've not much liked AVG (which is what I've been using for the last year), so I want to get something else instead. :omg:

After reading a lot of stuff online, and looking at YouTube videos, 3 of them stand out as being specially good. :wacko:
  • Norton Internet Security (with or without the Performance Pack)
  • Norton 360
  • BullGuard
They all seem really good. and I don't know which one is best. So has anyone used these packages? What are they like? Any good? Do they slow the computer down?

Any comments about this is appreciated. Thanks. :max:

Lulu_Jane 02-06-2011 01:13 PM

I'm not a fan of Norton, only because it likes to constantly announce it's presence on your desktop to the point where it actually felt a bit like malware anyway.

DarthHelmet86 02-06-2011 02:08 PM

I like Microsoft Security Essentials. Seems to be as good as the paid version of Macaffe my computer came with...actually it seems better. And it's free.

Frodo 02-06-2011 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lulu_Jane (Post 428097)
I'm not a fan of Norton, only because it likes to constantly announce it's presence on your desktop to the point where it actually felt a bit like malware anyway.

Glad you mentioned it, I hadn't realised. Thankies. :3:

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthHelmet86 (Post 428106)
I like Microsoft Security Essentials. Seems to be as good as the paid version of Macaffe my computer came with...actually it seems better. And it's free.

MS Security Essentials, eh? Thanks for the tip. I'll need to look into that one. ;)

Dave 03-06-2011 04:07 PM

If you didn't like AVG but you want to stay with a free product you could also try Avira or Avast.

Japo 03-06-2011 06:06 PM

I can recommend too MS Security Essentials and Avira, both free. Be warned that Avira doesn't support Windows System Restore, MS Sec Essentials does of course.

Lulu_Jane 03-06-2011 08:02 PM

I use MS security essentials too. It picked up a few nasty things for me this morning when I did a full scan.

Oh yeah, I treat my pc like a cheap lady of the evening, WHAT OF IT? ;)

arete 04-06-2011 06:10 AM

More cheap ladies of the evening need a self esteem boost... Also, that reminds me: i must download ms security essentials.

Eagle of Fire 04-06-2011 06:42 AM

Anyone care to explain why that Security Essentials would be any good? Just the name scare me... Since when can MicroSoft be entrusted with any kind of security and actually do a good job???

There must be a lot of bad hidden stuff in those... There always is with MS.

Frodo 04-06-2011 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 428212)
If you didn't like AVG but you want to stay with a free product you could also try Avira or Avast.

Sorry, I had the paid version of AVG. I don't mind if it's paid or free. But I'll have a look at Avira & Avast. :D At the moment, I'm trying the free trial version of BullGuard.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Japo (Post 428218)
I can recommend too MS Security Essentials and Avira, both free. Be warned that Avira doesn't support Windows System Restore, MS Sec Essentials does of course.

I looked at MS Essentials, after Darth mentioned it the other day. But there was something about it I didn't like - can't put my finger on it. :ph34r: (I know, I'm being fussy :p)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lulu_Jane (Post 428225)
I use MS security essentials too. It picked up a few nasty things for me this morning when I did a full scan.

Oh yeah, I treat my pc like a cheap lady of the evening, WHAT OF IT? ;)

Glad it picked up those nasties for you, Luby Lu. :3:
And cheap ladies of the evening need taking care of, too. :p
(watches Lulu's creepy eye :3: )

Quote:

Originally Posted by arete (Post 428237)
More cheap ladies of the evening need a self esteem boost... Also, that reminds me: i must download ms security essentials.

LOL Exactly! Well said Aretekins. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle of Fire (Post 428238)
Anyone care to explain why that Security Essentials would be any good? Just the name scare me... Since when can MicroSoft be entrusted with any kind of security and actually do a good job???

There must be a lot of bad hidden stuff in those... There always is with MS.

Microsoft used to do a security package called OneCare. That was PERFECT! I LOVED that package. I haven't found anything I like as much as that one. But they stopped making it\updating it\supporting it a couple of years ago. *cries*

Thanks everyone. Your comments are really helping. :)

The current time is 10:38 PM (GMT)