Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Gaming Zone (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Looking For A Good Mud (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=9165)

Don Andy 14-02-2006 09:31 PM

Well, I want to play MUDs and so far I'm in search for a MUD that suits me. I tried a few already, but everyone had something I like and something I dislike.
I'll just list what would be the ideal MUD:

1. Lot of skills and races (and not just your average ones, like dwarf, gnome and elves, EVERY game has them)
2. Doesn't have to be medival, but should be.
3. No RP (at least not forced)
4. Some kind of minimap feature, I SO get lost in MUDs
5. No PK, I hate that.
6. Easy for newbies and rather easy to level, I don't want to spend my whole life just to get Lvl 10
7. You should be able to get to a high level alone. I hate it to party, just to get a few levels, I want to party for fun, not because I have to.

RetroMUD was so far the best I tried, but badly suffered of point 4, 6 and 7

If anyone knows a good MUD, which at least fullfills a few of this points, I would be really, really grateful.

Ioncannon 15-02-2006 12:17 AM

I would recommend Realms of Kaos, but I think there servers are shut down... was really good mud, perfect for you.

gufu1992 15-02-2006 12:49 AM

Any futuristic ones?

Don Andy 15-02-2006 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by gufu1992@Feb 15 2006, 02:49 AM
Any futuristic ones?
Would be good to, I like sci-fi games.

@Ioncannon:
Hm, server seems to be down since June 2005 :/

Reup 15-02-2006 07:51 AM

I assume you know of Mud Connector? There quite a large list of muds on it, with descriptions about sizes and all...

Personally I can recommend Discworld MUD. If you're into Terry Pratchett you're going to love it. It's quite different from other MUDS and has some nice features. Plus a very large, active playerbase

And, allthough I've never played it, Wheel of Time MUD has always appealed to me. I'm a bit anxious to start playing since I have a tendency to get addicted to MUDs quite fast which is something I can't use right now :(

Don Andy 15-02-2006 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Reup@Feb 15 2006, 09:51 AM
I assume you know of Mud Connector? There quite a large list of muds on it, with descriptions about sizes and all...
Yeah, I know of it, but it's mass of MUDs is it's biggest downside, I don't want to spend months of browsing through their database and trying out MUDs that seem to fit. Oh, and before anyone misunderstands this thread, I don't want anyone to search one for me. I'm just asking if anybody knows such a MUD.

But thanks for the two tipps, I'll check them out.

galarion 15-02-2006 04:55 PM

I have played Sloth III(www.slothmud.org), I think it fits quite good, I don't remember if it had RP forced(I always RP, think its best part), but rather not, you can buy minimap in a shop, or find maps on website. Hope you use some MUD tool, its ways harder to get lost then ;).

Eagle of Fire 15-02-2006 10:59 PM

No pk and no rp? What are you looking for, a chat program? ;)

Ioncannon 16-02-2006 12:45 AM

uhhh doing some research, I ahve found out the old staff are getting ready to restart the old RoK servers :D YAY!!!! Ill tell you when they are up again.

Don Andy 16-02-2006 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Eagle of Fire@Feb 16 2006, 12:59 AM
No pk and no rp? What are you looking for, a chat program? ;)
They're both OK, just no KoS and no forced RP ;)
You know, I'm German, I can mud on english MUDs, but I don't feel quite ready to RP on one, although I'm thinking of it.

The current time is 07:14 AM (GMT)