Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   B (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Bill Nye the Science Guy - Stop the Rock (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=25462)

Paco 05-08-2010 10:46 AM

Bill Nye the Science Guy - Stop the Rock

Info: None

Download(s):
Uploaded by: Ermuli

darthvader45 06-02-2014 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paco (Post 411099)

Info: None

Download(s):
Uploaded by: Ermuli

Is it possible you could transfer that to mediafire or email me the files? I really don't want to have to pay to download the files.

dosraider 06-02-2014 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darthvader45 (Post 459170)
Is it possible you could transfer that to mediafire or email me the files? I really don't want to have to pay to download the files.

What are you talking about? 4shar is free, better take a good look again.

darthvader45 06-02-2014 05:10 PM

Thanks, but a problem...

Quote:

Originally Posted by dosraider (Post 459171)
What are you talking about? 4shar is free, better take a good look again.

Nvm, got it working, mounted the iso and beat the game. Thanks to the man two posts above me. My public library doesn't own this game anymore, so as long as I have the iso now, I can always play. Only one problem during installation: No matter if I have Quicktime or not, it continues to give me an error saying there was a problem installing it. Any idea why that happens?

dosraider 06-02-2014 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darthvader45 (Post 459174)
Only one problem during installation: No matter if I have Quicktime or not, it continues to give me an error saying there was a problem installing it. Any idea why that happens?

Game needs QuickTime for Windows 2.5, if you have another version installed it can block the installation of ver 2.5 ... this depends of a lot of things.

As you don't give any relevant info about how you run the game it's impossible to answer what happens.

FYI: best way to run the game is the combination dosbox0.74/win3.x.
Read the 'tutorial' sub in troubleshooting about dosbox/w3.x.......

chuckeroo777 21-01-2017 09:16 PM

Having some trouble getting it working. I successfully mounted the ISO, installed Quicktime, and installed the game, but when I run it, a message pops up saying "Please insert your Stop the Rock CD and try again."
The ISO is mounted to D: and ran installation just fine.
Here is the line I use to mount:
IMGMOUNT D ..\THEROCK.iso -t cdrom
I have gotten other games working fine like Simlife and a few magic school bus games, so I'm not sure what the issue is.

Sgeo 03-08-2017 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuckeroo777 (Post 466769)
Having some trouble getting it working. I successfully mounted the ISO, installed Quicktime, and installed the game, but when I run it, a message pops up saying "Please insert your Stop the Rock CD and try again."
The ISO is mounted to D: and ran installation just fine.
Here is the line I use to mount:
IMGMOUNT D ..\THEROCK.iso -t cdrom
I have gotten other games working fine like Simlife and a few magic school bus games, so I'm not sure what the issue is.

The game checks for the CD label, so you need:
IMGMOUNT D ..\THEROCK.iso -t cdrom -label THEROCK

Minime283 22-03-2021 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sgeo (Post 468465)
The game checks for the CD label, so you need:
IMGMOUNT D ..\THEROCK.iso -t cdrom -label THEROCK

I tried this - If I include -label THEROCK I get "Image file not found" but if I remove just the label part from the command line it works...any ideas?

zirkoni 23-03-2021 03:23 PM

I don't think the imgmount command supports setting the label, the normal mount command does. Or maybe the support has been added in SVN? Anyway, IIRC someone at vogons.org made a TSR program that enables setting the label for imgmount CDs as well.

You could mount the image in Windows (no need for 3rd party software, Windows Explorer can mount iso-files) and then mount the virtual CD-drive in DOSBox and set the label that way.

Maybe there are other ways too, like actually changing the image label?

The current time is 04:17 PM (GMT)