Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Introductions, Farewells and Returns (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Hi there (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=19303)

Pex 21-03-2009 08:17 AM

Hi there

I've been a member of Abandonia for a while now and downloaded quite a share of the old games (some for purely nostalgic purposes, others because I never had a chance to play them before). So, I decided to pop in here and say hi.

I'm mainly a fan of strategy and RPG games, yet through my years of gaming I was exposed to (and enjoyed) many different genres as well. I was thrilled to see some of the games I used to love on this site :clap: (although disapointed that some of them are protected/sold, but that cannot be helped).

Now that I mentioned that, with 'sold' games, where can you actually buy them? I'm pretty certain you cannot find them in the local game shops ;)

Anyway, so much for my introduction. I'll see to make a post/topic or two once in a while :)

Lulu_Jane 21-03-2009 08:32 AM

Welcome Justpex! Nice to see another Aussie around :)

Tomekk 21-03-2009 08:36 AM

Welcome to Abandonia, justpex :)

_r.u.s.s. 21-03-2009 11:01 AM

hey welcome

about the protected games well, you probably can't. you can search for them on websites like cdacess or second hand copies on amazon. but many times you can't buy it.

you may now wonder why won't we put them on website once they cannot be bought from anywhere, but thing is that this retarded "ESA" company is being a **** and shuts down any website that hosts games that are under some kind of "special protection" (companies become member of esa in hope to protect their new games and esa got it all wrong). even though they are unaccessible, nor there is no support for the games.

why is the company so zealous about protecting games that are not being sold anywhere or doesn't provide any support, this is a very intriguing question which makes you think only of one word in connection to ESA. and that's bureaucrat fcuktards

Dave 21-03-2009 12:03 PM

:hysterical:

Welcome to Abandonia justpex!

Mighty Midget 21-03-2009 12:14 PM

Welcome to Abandonia and happy gaming :)

AlumiuN 21-03-2009 09:58 PM

Welcome to Abandonia justpex! :)

Sal 22-03-2009 02:09 AM

:)Welcome to a fellow Aussie Justpex

The Fifth Horseman 22-03-2009 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justpex (Post 357053)
Now that I mentioned that, with 'sold' games, where can you actually buy them? I'm pretty certain you cannot find them in the local game shops ;))

If everything worked as it is supposed to, the sold games would have "buy it" buttons instead of the "no go" ones, with links to the respective stores that are still selling them.

Obviously, it's not working as it's supposed to. :(
In the meantime we're trying to keep track of which games are actually sold and which are merely protected through this list. Apologies for the inconvenience.

hahajejeje 22-03-2009 07:16 PM

Welcome my amigo!! have a good time :clap:

The current time is 09:27 PM (GMT)