Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Forum Games (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Online Rpg (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=6961)

SixApes 29-08-2005 12:24 PM

Im considering making an island sim. We done this in a political science class that I took. It was done from an educational standpoint. I would like to do it for fun and fantasy.

The game would focus on human development. The Age would start at 0. Fire would need to be discovered. Tools would need to be fashioned...etc..etc.....

I would like two tribes for the island. Both tribes would live on opposing ends of the island. The two suggested tribes would have no knowledge of each other to start. This would change later in the game of course, as they develope and evolve to explore the island.

The game would be played via telnet for live interaction between players. No waiting for player turns....

Anyone interested please let me know. Tell others that you think might be interested so that we can organize dynamic tribes. Each tribe will be asked to fashion a name for themselves. The names must have a primitive sound.

SixApes 29-08-2005 12:25 PM

I suggest this to be used as a land mass. This however can be discussed and modified once a group is formed that is interested in building this simulation.

SixApes 29-08-2005 12:26 PM

3D View

Toxik 29-08-2005 01:15 PM

this looks nice..how would you make those discoveries though?i believe most of them were just clever usage of random events

Abi79 29-08-2005 01:57 PM

I am interested about a game like this :ok: , but, looking at the 3D view, makes me wonder if the game will run on my computer. :(

SixApes 31-08-2005 02:20 PM

Well obviously, for a project such as this, I need more than two people involved. Lack of popular interest aside, I will expand upon the definition of my project goals.

@ABI79
The game isn't graphical at all. Everything happening would happen with text representation. The images you see are simply "maps" of what the virtual world would be like based on the descriptions of each area in the game. Think zork/multiplayer.... or MUD.

@Toxik
Discoveries would be planned by myself. I would take role of creator(DM). Each session of the game would consist of discovering new technological concepts as a tribe to advance into the next era.

For instance;

Tribesman 'Chookabooka' discovers fire for the tribe. This enable the tribe to journey through the cave on the island which leads to the discovery or a temple maybe.... or another tribe....

This is a simple example of what gameplay would start out as.

:bye:

Kearnsy 29-09-2005 01:18 PM

Sounds good to me.

As a suggestion (feel free to to be blunt! I can take it!!)
It would be cool if the different tribes could follow different relegions to give different priorities to different things eg: god for wealth or happiness or warfare etc.

Also will there tribal warfare and the posibility of stealing technology from other tribes by use of spies :ph34r: or all out attack :Titan: ?

Abi79 06-10-2005 10:42 AM

Tribal warfare sounds good, but the spies make me shiver :wub:

Bobbin Threadbare 06-10-2005 11:32 AM

:drool: 3D Ooh!

I'm intereseted. Just a few questions to see if I can help.
What's it being scripted in (script language)?
Will it be run from an internet browser (e.g.Runescape)? or downloaded then played?
What program's it being made in? Or is it just being scripted with text?

duckpatch 06-10-2005 12:39 PM

Looks interesting.. more details needed!! :D:P

The current time is 02:48 AM (GMT)