Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Old News (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Translating Abandonia To Other Languages (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=1463)

Kosta 28-11-2004 11:42 AM

There has been a lot of talk about translating Abandonia to foreign languages lately, so if you are interested, here's the procedure and things you should be aware of:
  • 1. When we say "translating Abandonia", we don't mean just the page layout, but the content as well. This includes all game reviews, but not manuals (yet) ;) Be aware that there are over 400 games on the site and this is no small task.
  • 2. Once you have decided that you REALLY want to do it, you should notify Kosta about it. He will create an admin account using which you will be able to translate the interface into your language. After that is done, you can start working on reviews.
  • 3. For each language in which Abandonia appears, there is a separate administration page. This means you will be able to add translations and post news by yourself, without mine or anyone else's help. However, in order for me to open up the admin account for you, you will have to supply 150 reviews prior to that. This is needed because I want to see that you are really determined to do this.
  • 4. Once the 150 reviews have been done, you're on your own. Send me a PM and I'll make it all happen! Consistency is the main thing when updating your language-specific page. Try and make at least one translation every few days and add the games consistently through time. Basically keep the site alive :ok:

Tom Henrik 28-11-2004 12:17 PM

Just for the record.

The hardest part of the translation is to translate the Language file. Once that one is done, you are in control and chooses your own speed.

I should know, as I have translated more than 200 games by myself. :ok:

Yamcha 28-11-2004 01:10 PM

I've done it The main page is translated to BG :D

Sebatianos 28-11-2004 01:12 PM

Slovene translation done also - just doing the reviews (I'll start with my own - it's easier).

Yamcha 29-11-2004 02:43 PM

I'll translate 40 reviews. A precision: I wont get the shortest to make the smart I'll translate the reviews of the games wich I think that are most known and important without bothering for their review size. After I'll translate the others>Thinking off 7 reviews per day :whistle: :angel:

Sebatianos 02-12-2004 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by yamcha565656@Nov 29 2004, 05:43 PM
I'll translate 40 reviews. A precision: I wont get the shortest to make the smart I'll translate the reviews of the games wich I think that are most known and important without bothering for their review size. After I'll translate the others>Thinking off 7 reviews per day :whistle: :angel:
Hehehe, just check some of the most popular games. The best games have some really short reviews!!!
:kosta: :kosta: :kosta:
I like that a lot - don'+t know when all 40 will be done, but I'm getting there!

Unknown Hero 02-12-2004 09:44 PM

Kosta used to write very short reviews back in those days!

Sebatianos 03-12-2004 08:33 AM

I'm not the one to complain!
I prefer shorter ones (as a reader, writer and a translator of them).

Yamcha 03-12-2004 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sebatianos@Dec 3 2004, 11:33 AM
I'm not the one to complain!
I prefer shorter ones (as a reader, writer and a translator of them).

Everybody does :sneaky: But i think that I'll be ready for Christmas altough I have exams and my father will come :Brain:

wormpaul 03-12-2004 03:19 PM

I prefer longer ones..

Those from Kosta really ***...at least some of them :sneaky:

No offence kosta...just to let know that not all you touch is automaticly gold...at 1 day you will thank me (at least...that's what i hope :whistle: )

The current time is 11:34 PM (GMT)