Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Tech Corner (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Vista Home Vs Home Premium (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=17850)

gregor 11-09-2008 06:13 AM

Vista Home Vs Home Premium

EDIS: Ups! TITLE SHOULD BE: home basic vs homepremium

What the big difference (besides aero)? Microsoft can't really convince me there is one.

Is home worth having (because a lot of reviews say it's bad but don't really show you why).

Oh and i am talking about a notebook computer system.

From what i collected there is no really big difference except for the price and resources they need to run.

But what do the more experience abandonia vista users say (ehm besides stay on XP)?!

_r.u.s.s. 11-09-2008 09:38 AM

well, on their site it has a lot of new dotties, like new 3 games, media center, built-in dvd burning software, but it's all bullshit of course. the only ones worth mentioning is probably sheduled file backuping and aero desktop, if you're picky

what you need is windows business. i mean, wtf? home doesn't even have system restore

gregor 11-09-2008 10:23 AM

No, i think it has restore but not files backup and restore.
Well just like i said MS sites don't offer any useful information. uuu you can watch movies in premium, well guess what i can do that on XP as well. duh! It's not like it is difficult to find a programme that does that on the net.

einstein999999 15-09-2008 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregor (Post 336273)
EDIS: Ups! TITLE SHOULD BE: home basic vs homepremium

Oh and i am talking about a notebook computer system.

From what i collected there is no really big difference except for the price and resources they need to run.

I have a friend who is running Home Basic on a laptop. He can play games on it (I've seen him play AudioSurf), but the graphics can get somewhat choppy, though that's probably because of the hardware. From what I can tell, he seems to be having no problems with it just yet (he only got it around a month ago).

I've been running Home Premium on a laptop for around a year now, and although I can become incredibly annoyed with the shut down and start up speed, I don't have too much of a problem with it. Well, ok, I've had more problems than that: some games have to be run in XP compatibility mode, the User Access Control can be a pain (it's found in all Vista systems, and can be switched off), and a few other issues, but things have been running fairly smoothly for me.

_r.u.s.s. 16-09-2008 12:07 AM

why should he have problems with it? the difference in vistas is about features

Eagle of Fire 16-09-2008 12:25 AM

Windows Vista?

Isn't that an urban legend? A myth or something?

:bleh:

gregor 16-09-2008 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle of Fire (Post 336866)
Windows Vista?

Isn't that an urban legend? A myth or something?

:bleh:

Unfortunatelly not. Most notebooks nowadays come equiped with Vista. :notrust:

The problem here is that some of them can be bought with no OS, but while it is possible to stick WInXp on them not all components might work propperly. this is lame. as it is lame that you can't easilly ("out of the box") install Linux on them.

EDIS: But vista does have DirectX10.

AlumiuN 16-09-2008 10:33 AM

Here, we can only get new computers with Vista on them, not even empty ones. I love you, FDISK. :D

gregor 18-09-2008 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlumiuN (Post 336901)
Here, we can only get new computers with Vista on them, not even empty ones. I love you, FDISK. :D

Uhm... you are allowed to have monopoly? Because that's what this is... Taking away the option for the customer to choose.

Oh we have "empty ones" with "fake" linux and freedos installed on them. Which again shouldn't be sold because with the mentioned systems not all of the stuff works and customer has the right to test the product before purchase. either that or you can return it and get the money back.

AlumiuN 18-09-2008 09:19 PM

I usually buy second-hand anyway if I need a new computer. I've only had XP since about March, the computer before that had 98 on it. :)

The current time is 03:52 PM (GMT)