Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Gaming Zone (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Ahh.. Good Old Times ^_^ (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=12233)

Blood-Pigggy 15-10-2006 04:15 AM

Tiberium Sun blew chunks, Red Alert was god.

When you played that game for the first time in 1996, it was insane, you were used to little square based movements, boring 2D graphics, and the most special effects a game had was a 2D sprite moving around.
Red Alert looked and felt like a real war going on in the screen, especially when the fights got big. And oh boy, the memories, I'll look back on Red Alert missions far more fondly than the average TS fare, god, the fourth Soviet mission, four hours of sending a huge swarm of Yaks over to the middle island to destroy five hundred tanks massed up in one tiny spot.

The Punisher 15-10-2006 08:14 AM

ahh, yes... Red alert ^_^ I love that game, its so easy to mod!

Blood-Pigggy 15-10-2006 05:13 PM

Oh yeah, via the text folders, ever make it so that Tanya shoots nuclear missles? That's nuts, lol.

chainsoar 15-10-2006 11:54 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gufu1992 @ Oct 15 2006, 03:18 AM) [snapback]261325[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

You should excualy buy The Commander & Conquier collection - it's much better(Doesn't contain RA or C&C)
[/b]
How does that make it better? C&C '95 and Red Alert were amazing fun. Especially the first one, after all, it's the one that started the whole thing.

Blood-Pigggy 16-10-2006 12:49 AM

Actually, no it wasn't, Dune 2 was what started it all, C&C Tiberium Dawn was good fun, but it wasn't until Red Alert that the series was considered one of the greatest.

The Punisher 16-10-2006 07:27 PM

Quote:

ever make it so that Tanya shoots nuclear missles? [/b]
no, but i modified the tesla thing so that it could destroy the base on the other side of the map :D

Doubler 16-10-2006 07:50 PM

To be honest, RA was, in my eyes, little more then an ever-so-slightly upgraded C&C with a boring setting.
I wasn't 'wowed' when I first saw it, in fact I was kind of disappointed. Ships, planes and subs were cool, though. :)

Let me stress, that is my view. I've always enjoyed the Tiberium storyline, I've always disliked and been annoyed by the stereotypical soviets vs. west story (I realize it's propably purposely so, at least I hope it is. Just doesn't change the fact that they abandoned a very, very cool story). Also, RA2 just pushed it too far for my tastes. I can imagine others feel differently.

Tulac 16-10-2006 07:58 PM

IMO RA was the best one of the series, and I've played the Tiberium Dawn, one thing that made RA far superior is skirmish I don't recall the first one having that or the map editor for that sake.

Blood-Pigggy 16-10-2006 08:48 PM

I couldn't care less about the storyline in a C&C game.

gufu1992 16-10-2006 09:34 PM

Um - the command and conquier collection was not overbuged to death!
Ts is best - good story, good units, good music, and good gameplay

The current time is 10:57 AM (GMT)