Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Archon (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=9880)

ReamusLQ 18-04-2006 08:04 PM

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)

Guest 18-04-2006 08:18 PM

yes, i'm the first one!

great variety of chess - I really enjoyed that one!
I always played the dark side - they had the most coolest guys to play with!

MrBackAlleySka 18-04-2006 11:36 PM

Excellent game. :D I loved it in the past, and I love it now on it's Palm OS remake :D

guesst 19-04-2006 04:41 AM

You know, I gotta say, as my first featured review on Abandonia I am brimming with pride. Wow.

One thing that didn't really belong in the review is that I was unable to find a manual for the game. Since the DOS version is the least popular of all the versions that came out there has been little attempt to either preserve it's original manuals or detail FAQs for it. However, if you're desprate for a detailed breakdown of how to play including unit information and available spells see VintageComputing.com's Archon Guide here. It's for the Atari 800 version, but will get you started.

Or at the very least will give you some reading so that you can come to a greater appreciation of the intrecacies of this great game.

Homsar 19-04-2006 08:58 AM

This was one of my favorite games to play against friends on the old Apple IIE---the cool thing about it was you actually fought each other at the same time, though there were many arguments over who got to use the joystick and who got stuck using the keyboard (and I remember one friend getting really angry when he found out I got really good at beating him with keyboard controls---hehehehehehe). They did a sequel to it, as well as a VGA remake for DOS...sometime in the early/mid 90s, just before Windows took off. Neither the sequel or the remake were as big as the original though.

noodles 19-04-2006 09:08 AM

I can't believe it...

just yesterday I've been thinking about this game but I didn't remembered the name... I played it many years ago on my old ATARI... beautiful and very original game... thumbs up

stijnelijn 19-04-2006 02:33 PM

it was fun to put the right ones against the right target.

The phoenix was great against a few strong critters for example, but a simple soldier could smack him around.

Guest 20-04-2006 07:53 AM

I might have a manual somewhere or maybe I'm getting mixed up with Mail Order Monsters. The DOS version looks pretty sad, but I'd say the C64 version is a definite 5. I can't think of any problems with it that would warrant a 4. It's one of those timeless games right up there with MULE.

Guest 20-04-2006 03:24 PM

I'm 22 now and I've been playing this game since I was an infant!

Master MC 20-04-2006 03:36 PM

Good review for your first time! :ok:

The current time is 08:43 PM (GMT)