Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Community News & Feedback (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Quiz Error? (Send us your feedback) (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=26398)

underdog 18-03-2014 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dosraider (Post 459640)
:picard:
Seriously, it is obvious none at Above or whomever owns the site nowadays will put the needed effort in to correct the problem.
Now I wonder if it would be possible to make an 'exclude' list from those faulty ones? Something the AB staff could manage?
Also: it ain't a ref for the "Coding by Abovo Media Group 2010" skills ...

Just saying.

Very, very, very true.

cdnp 25-03-2014 10:23 PM

I really hope that the main site can be fixed so that the screenshot quiz will return.

cdnp 13-05-2014 10:26 PM

I put in
Spoiler for screenshot quiz
and was marked wrong.

Well, it has been about a 2 month streak of accepted answers. I hope that the problem is just with today's quiz.

Andras78 19-05-2014 01:59 AM

Wrong again.

cdnp 19-05-2014 01:23 PM

The same problem as on Feb 27 '13 with the same game
spoiler for screenshot quiz
the quiz has an issue with the ampersand.

cdnp 30-05-2014 10:31 PM

The name of the game was misspelled in the dropdown box suggestions with two "R"s and one "S"
Wrongly spelled spoiler for screenshot quiz
I chose it and was marked as wrong. I hope that if anyone spells the name correctly as it is currently spelled on Abandonia
Correctly spelled spoiler for screenshot quiz
will be marked as correct.

Smiling Spectre 31-05-2014 06:14 PM

Wow. It seems, it's all artifacts of old engine. :/

In database wrong name was associated with Swedish version. Even if I cannot edit name in translation at all! I re-saved Swedish translation, and extra option disappeared. Stupid engine. :/

Thank you, cdnp, it gave me more info for thinking and experimenting... :)

---addition---
Gamebase is the heap of trash. As usual. Looking from site view, it's one name for every translation, but from database side, every entry have unique name, and some haven't name at all. I checked entries manually (as I haven't direct access to database), re-saving every different name. Hopefully, it will get rid of inconsistent names.

Also, I removed all apostrophes from base. Hopefully. &s are still here - I didn't touch it. Let's see, if we'll have less errors in quiz now...

cdnp 13-07-2014 02:13 AM

The dropdown box offered the old previous name
Previous name on site for the game
on Abandonia for today's screenshot quiz and when I chose it I was marked as wrong.

cdnp 17-07-2014 10:17 PM

I did not notice it until checking the screenshot for today's quiz but the gamepage
Spoiler for today's screenshot quiz
has the exact same screenshot twice.

The last 2 screenshots are identical.

Smiling Spectre 18-07-2014 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdnp (Post 460551)
The last 2 screenshots are identical.

You are right. I deleted the double.

The current time is 08:01 PM (GMT)