Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Offers (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   stanleyopar2000 (DA BOMB) - Games That I Can Give To Abandonia (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=9862)

stanleyopar2000 17-04-2006 02:44 PM

stanleyopar2000 - HUGE LIST of Games That I Can Give To Abandonia

It's DA BOMB and I have A List Of games that are not protected and some that are not on the oldwarez list. (and boy I got Lots!)
  • Monuments On Mars
  • Tear Down The Wall
  • Graphics Adventure Builder
  • Mirror Maze
  • 3D Maze
  • Moria
  • ADOM
  • Son Of Stagefright
  • SeaHunt
  • Carwash
  • SOPWITH
  • Aldo's Adventure
  • Junglejack
  • Bigrig
  • Leaper (aka: Frogger)
  • 4D Prince Of Persia
  • Hogbear 2
  • Sint
  • Pinball Games I
  • Robomaze II: The Lobby
  • F19 Stealth Fighter
  • Dinosaur Desiginer (not a game)
  • Risk II
  • Cubeaz (rubrix cube game)
  • Tank Wars
  • Microsoft Best Of Entertainment Pack (don't know if protected) (not DOS)
  • VGA Roulette (I think)
  • Doom 2D
  • Elevator
  • Hunt
  • Amaze (build your own mazes!)
  • The Hobbit
  • Yet another Tetris (Not DOS) (old)
So these are the games that I can give and review (lot huh) I might have more so If I do, I will update this post

DA BOMB Out!

Edit by Tom:
Just fixed your tags :)

_r.u.s.s. 17-04-2006 03:13 PM

doom 2d belongs to reloaded, its remake

guesst 17-04-2006 04:08 PM

I recognize a couple of these games.

What you need to to is PM Kosta and wait a few days until he gets back to an internet connection. Proceed from there.

stanleyopar2000 17-04-2006 04:22 PM

Oh, I Almost forgot that I have More! take a look!
  • Cyberdogs
  • C-Dogs (aka Cyberdogs 2)
  • Mario and Lugi
  • Super Angelo
  • Charlie The Duck
  • Juggler
  • Abmis The Lion
I'll upadate this list when I find out that I have more

DA BOMB...out

Master MC 17-04-2006 04:28 PM

Okeee.... some are definately not fit for download.

Tom Henrik 17-04-2006 05:22 PM

Alright... let's see...
  • Monuments of Mars
    1991 game by Apogee. As far as I know, this game is abandoned - and we would like to accept it :)
  • Tear Down the Wall
    1990 game by Langin Software. Also abandoned.
  • Graphics Adventure Builder
    I don't know anything about this one. Could you give me some info? :D
  • Mirror Maze
    Again a game I know nothing about. Info please. :bleh:
  • 3D Maze
    And another one... hehe
  • Moria
    I feel I am starting to repeat myself here, but info please?
  • ADOM
    Exist both on Abandonia and Abandonia Reloaded.
  • Son of Stagefright
    Another game I don't know anything about.
  • SeaHunt
    And again... Wow! Lots of unknown games here. Marvellous! :w00t:
  • Carwash
    I can't find any info about this one, either. :[img]http://www.abandonia.com/forum/html/emoticons/laugh.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='laugh.gif' />
  • SOPWITH
    If this is the first version, then we don't have it on the site - but seeing as it is a freeware game, it would be more suitable for Abandonia Reloaded.
  • Aldo's Adventure
    Made by Yahoo Software in 1987. This game is Shareware, though. So if you are going to submit it - you have to make sure it is the full version, and that it doesn't just stop after a while, or is simply missing some levels. The game itself is abandoned, so we can accept the full version.
  • Junglejack
    I can't find any info on this one, either.
  • Bigrig
    Info please :D
  • Leaper (aka Frogger)
    Already on Abandonia.
  • 4D Prince of Persia
    Made by Terebilov K.A. in 1994 - this game is freeware and should be placed on [url=http://www.reloaded.org[/url].
  • Hogbear 2
    I have no info on this game.
  • Sint
    I don't know anything about this one, either.
  • Pinball Games I
    We do have a lot of Pinball games on the site, but no-one with that name. Nor can I find any info on that title.
  • RoboMaze II: The Lobby
    A 1992 game from MVP Software, and is also abandoned.
  • F19 Stealth Figher
    This game was made by MicroProse in 1987. Although the company is ESA protected, I think it should be ok for us to host it. But you can nevertheless upload it. If we figure out the risk is too big, (after the admins have discussed it), we simply won't update with it.
  • Dinosaur Designer
    You say it's not a game, but could you give some more info? Because I don't have any info on this at all.
  • Risk II
    Made by Atari for Windows in 2000 - a definitive no go.
  • Cubeaz
    More info please. I draw a blank :bleh:
  • Tank Warz
    Another blank, I'm afraid.
  • Microsoft Best Of Entertainment Pack
    Made for Windows 3.X and consists of:
    • Tetris
      We already have one Tetris game on the site, and since this is Microsoft (an ESA member) it will probably not be worth it. Sorry.
    • FreeCell
      Got to love FreeCell, but it is still Microsoft, and I have this suspicion you're going to need Win 3.X to run it.
    • Pipe Dream
      We have a Pipe Dream game on the site, made by LucasArts. So we probably won't need another one - especially not one made by another ESA company.
    • Chip's Challenge
      Already on Abandonia, and without the fear of Microprose.
    • Taipei
      Don't know anything about that one.
    • Tut's Tomb
      Or that one...
    • Rodent's Revenge
      Or this one...
    • TriPeaks
      Nor this one...
    • Golf
      We do have some golf games on the site - without the fear of Microprose, so it's unlikely that we want this one.
    • SkiFree
      Fun little game, but you need Win 3.X to play it.
    • JezzBall
      No idea...
    • Dr. Black Jack
      Not a clue.
    • TetraVex
      Still no clue...
  • VGA Roulette
    I don't know anything about a game with that name, I'm afraid.
  • DOMM 2D
    A freeware game made by Prikol Software in 1996, should go on [url=http://www.reloaded.org[/url]. And we need it there ;) (Actually tried to get it myself).
  • Elevator
    Another freeware, this time made by Wordworks Software in 1986.
  • Hunt
    Could you tell us something more about this game?
  • Amaze
    Please give us some more info :ok:
  • The Hobbit
    1983 game by Beam Software, we love to have it.
  • Yet Another Tetris
    I don't have any info on this one.
There you go :cheers:

stanleyopar2000 17-04-2006 06:36 PM

Okay I have gotten a reply so abandonia I'm off to work! I will reconsider the ones protected by the ESA. I will happily give you the ones you want! :D

Thank You!!

I will post a post later describing the ones the admin. was questioned about.

DA BOMB....out

_r.u.s.s. 17-04-2006 07:03 PM

since you are talking about games which abandonia doesnt have i would be glad to share one of my favourites Deathrally from Apogee software

it looks like this
http://img373.imageshack.us/img373/800/asd3om.jpg
so now iam supposed to pm kosta or can i pm sombody else? :unsure:

Tulac 17-04-2006 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Tom Henrik@Apr 17 2006, 07:22 PM
[*]Bigrig
Info please :D

If this is what I think it is, check this out :D
http://www.abandonia.com/forum/index...howtopic=10050

Definetly a great addition to the site :P

Tom Henrik 17-04-2006 11:11 PM

@_r.u.s.s

http://store.yahoo.com/3drealms/deathrally.html ;)

@Tulac

Well, as much as that game looks so craptacular that it could be awesomely fun, it was also released in 2003 - so I doubt it is abandoned already.
(Although, seeing how bad it supposedly is, it could quite possibly be so.) :D

stanleyopar2000 18-04-2006 01:18 AM

Okkaaaaayyy here is the "info on the question able game (only for the "Tom Henrik!)

Graphics Adventure Builder Is a game where you can build your own "Ultima" like game! There is even a storyline that comes with it! Really Cool! olthough there is alot of heartbreaking controls (the ones that will Muck up the whole game!) but don't worry you can always install it again in the drive!

Mirror Maze is a maze that looks like snake where you control the mirrors where the snake will go. Be careful you also have a clock that is ticking!

3D maze is a maze game that you need to get out of the maze! You can even put: how many corridors, rooms, ect!

Moria is a cool roguelike game that has all the fundamentals of a rogue game! (if this game is put on abandonia, tell them that if you push ctrl+w you can cheat as a wizzard! the next game (ADOM) blows Moria out of the water!

Son Of Stagefright is a text based game where you are lost and stuck in an old (haunted?) theatere (spelling?) the commands can get really hard!

well my mom is being a real BITCH bitching at me teling me i'm online (i have dial-up internet) so I will continue this post ASAP!

DA BOMB...out!

Tom Henrik 18-04-2006 01:29 AM

Is the adventure builder this one?

win98 18-04-2006 02:28 AM

All good lookig games cannot wait to download em.

thatmexicanguy 18-04-2006 02:28 AM

No, that's not it. I've played the Adventure Construction set before. It's something else. The graphics are craptacular. It's really old, too.

vipin 18-04-2006 07:26 AM

is this allowed that DA BOMB can upload the games on a free hosting website like rapidhshare.de or megaupload.com so that we can download them? maybe, uploading such a huge list of games may take a long time....

stanleyopar2000 18-04-2006 02:56 PM

I'm sorry Tom Henrik but the adventure builder is not a bard's tale but where did you get it that bard's tale builder! I have Bard's Tale 1, 2, 3! but from what I heard there protected! annnnnyyywaaayyy..... to continue!
  • :ok:
  • SEAHUNT is a game that is a battleship like game (I think) you first enter your name and the game is started!
  • Carwash this game (I think) is sharewareby Huntware because the game (or Simulator is free but it says " give me 10$ to encourage me to continue my work. Heck the guy is probably dead! So I consider this freeware...oops! I forgot to describe this Sim! This game is a well, a "carwash" simulator where you hire workers, waxers, buy how much wax & soap you want adn you can even (later when you get more $) invest in advertisemnets! WARNING use dosbox or the arrows to control how many supplies you want will go EXTRA fast!
I'm sure you know waht SOPWITH is!
  • [ :crazy: *]JungleJack is a puzzle game where you (it's like pipe dream?) need to control the water to help it get to the other villagers! truthfully I don't get it!!
  • Big Rig this game I kinda fond of because you are responsible for your actions! you are a guy (text Based!) who has a Rig and transports items in you truck. Every session it will tell you the speed limit and you can type (in #) how fast you wanna go! either you can have smokey behind you with his lighs on and give you a ticket and waste your time (and time is $!) or you can keep the spped limit and drive happliy! there is even wether changes, and you can decide to sleep at at stop and get gas or drive zombified! It's your choice!
[list]:not_ok: :not_ok:[*]HOGBEAR 2 is shareware (but who can you give the $ to!!) :sneaky: and it is yes you heard me...STUPID...STUPID (at least in my opinion !) this game is like castle adventure except with color. If you don't use dosbox on this game, the monsters will come at you so fast you will be hearing yes..taps the song and boy does it it anoying (AND LONG) worse after you die the maker of the game laughes at you and says THE HOGBEAR GOT YOU DIDDEN'T HE HEE HEE! the part I hate the most about this game is that the dumb shareware screens popup for like 1 minute even before you start the game...dumb... Castle Adventure is better! :evil:
  • Sint is game is a fun sidescroller! No violence except for stepping on birds! You are Sint (Santa Claus in another country don't care which one) and some burglars have stolen Sint's bag of goodies! fortunately there was a hole in the bag and all the presents have slipped out on the top of roof's of houses! In the game Sint must collect the cookies and presents in orderof each color of each roof! be carefull! birds can steal cookies and drop them to the neverending abiss down below! and presents! collect the words S-I-N-T for the exit to appear!
  • :not_ok:
  • ZRisk (Risk) LOL maybe I was in a hurry and said it was risk II (I have that game by Microprose!) What I ment to say is that I have the DOS version of Risk (Zrisk) it is stupid! :Brain: The selection of countries takes so long..well.. I hvent't gotten past that SUCKY!!!
WELL THE BELL JUST RUNG AT COLOMA SCHOOLS MI SO GOTTA GO!

DA BOMB....Out!

Master MC 18-04-2006 09:17 PM

That sure are a lot of games! Now write some reviews and you're certain of becoming a VIP! :ok:

MASTER MC....Out !

stanleyopar2000 19-04-2006 02:28 PM

okkkayyyyy shall we continue?...
  • :ok: The Dinosaur Desiginer is a ga (well not a game!) it's a creation program where you can build your own dinosaurs "piece by piece!" and yes I HAVE ORIGINAL BOX!! and I will get out my digital camera and snap a picture of it! this desigier has up to 10 (I think) backrounds and up to 50 ( or more I think) pieces to make your dinosaur! you can even put bubbles to make them talk in your own cartoon. note this program MIGHT be suitable for younger kids (depends if you're creative!)
  • :angry: Cubeaz is a rubrix cube game that can only be run in DOSbox and I seirously don't get it!!!
  • :ok: :ok: Tank Warz is a game where there is a huge hill in between two tanks. One is you while the other is the computer. You have to guess accuracy and power to hit the other tank on the other side...sounds easssyy? well you have a "men" meter in the tank and if you get hit, you lose some men..that means your maxium peak in power has been lowered! cool graphics (for DOS!) and NICE weapons and upgrades! A definite Must for Abandonia!!
  • :ok: Amaze! this game is a game that you can yes build and create your own mazes and then test them! I myself have not used it because I'm not a fan of mazes...but I'm sure there is a member on abandonia who would love it to be uploaded!
  • :not_ok: :blink: Pinball Games I is a game with TONS of extra pinball tables to choose from! The bad thing is that you need DOSbox to run or else the ball will slip by the flippers so fast you literally won't see it! Also to have bad news I don't know how to use the flippers...sorry! :crazy:
  • :ok: Hunt is a game where you are in a long maze and there is old treasures every where! the character is visible in front of you and he doesn't move AT ALL! the walls move! but the game is still fun because you can't die. A good timewaster :D NOTE uses DOS box for this game because every time you see a treasure some stupid idiotic music will be blasting out of your PC speakers! So use DOS box so YOU can control the volume!
:D There you have It Tom Henrik!

DA BOMB...that name is getting monotous so menbers all of you!, what do you think if I changed my username to: Megaman.EXE? please! I need your opinion!

until then, DA BOMB...out!

Tom Henrik 19-04-2006 03:53 PM

Do you have a producer name or a site where it's possible to read about the games?

Anyways... If you look at my first reply to you and just take the ones I have said is ok from there, you should be well on your way :D

Remember that you can review both Abandoned games and freeware :)

If you have any questions about how you should progress, feel free to PM me.

ChristianJ 08-05-2007 07:41 PM

DA BOMB:

Hi!

I have posted a request for a battleship game elsewhere on this forum, and noticed that you have a rare one of the kind - SEAHUNT.

The one I am looking for (and have been for several years now) sure is rare aswell, so I just thought I'd show you a home-made image of how the game looks (sort of):

http://www.danvfr.com/battleship.jpg

Does SEAHUNT look something like that?

Best regards
Christian
[BEEEP]@hotmail.com

The Fifth Horseman 09-05-2007 10:48 AM

I'm afraid DA BOMB will not answer you - last activity from his account was a year ago.

ChristianJ 09-05-2007 11:02 AM

LOL, you've got a point there! :blink:

I did'nt notice the age of the thread - but do you know what happened to the games, mentioned by DA BOMB?

I cannot find any of them in the archive?

Chris

The Fifth Horseman 09-05-2007 11:32 AM

I think some of them may have made it to Abandonia one way to another, and I'm quite certain several are freeware (which means they won't be added to Abandonia but may appear on our sister site Abandonia Reloaded, which deals with freeware titles).

The others... well, they might be placed on AB. Eventually.

stanleyopar2000 24-05-2007 01:04 AM

YO! DA BOMB Has Come back to blow you away with those game i promised a year ago!!

First off Please except my humblest apologies for not responding to this forum in over a YEAR! and I'm Terribly sorry :kosta: I feel so bad inside for dangling these treasures in front of you and leaving! I hope that none of the guys left so i could tell them i'mTERRIBLY sorry! can you forgive Me?

Next! I have those game's so Tom Henrik can show me the server to upload these games!

NOTE I Don't have 4 or 3 games that i promised on the list (got deleted!)
But I can get them if you want( ITS A SHAME THOUGH THAT THE SERVERS ARN'T WORKING!!

DA BOMB OUT!!!
And commin back!

_r.u.s.s. 24-05-2007 08:55 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DA BOMB @ May 24 2007, 03:04 AM) [snapback]291095[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

I feel so bad inside for dangling these treasures in front of you and leaving! I hope that none of the guys left so i could tell them i'mTERRIBLY sorry! can you forgive Me?[/b]
dont dangle that much, it wasnt realy something what made us sleeples at night=P
but nice to see you back=)

The Fifth Horseman 24-05-2007 02:45 PM

Welcome back, then.
Let's get this show on the road, shall we?

Note: remember that freeware games should go to Abandonia Reloaded (www.reloaded.org), not here.

stanleyopar2000 24-05-2007 07:30 PM

Well I Don't Have Dino Designer anymore! But I will upload and follow the steps ASAP

I liked your old avatar of "the fifth horseman" of that creature with the weird eyes

But....Times Change!

ITS A SHAME THAT I CAN'T CONNECT TO THE SERVER USING TOTAL COMMANDER FTP!

WHAT DO I PUT IN FOR START DIRECTORY? IT Says Connect Call failed!

I Can Always use rapidshare or megaupload or bigfileupload if i'm allowed to. this seems like This FTP method is nothing but a pain in the @$$

The Fifth Horseman 25-05-2007 11:07 AM

You don't have to put in anything more than what I told you.

The FTP server is down at the moment - I think Kosta and the server admins didn't get to fixing it yet.

Quote:

I Can Always use rapidshare or megaupload or bigfileupload if i'm allowed to. this seems like This FTP method is nothing but a pain in the @$$[/b]
If you put it on Rapidshare (or a similar place), someone else will still have to upload it to our FTP.

stanleyopar2000 25-05-2007 07:07 PM

Well...COOL! :w00t: I guess that i'll use bigfileupload for this. but when i upload it the server better be fixed soon because bigfileupload has a limited file life. <_< (that means that I'll have to upload it again if the FTP server is not fixed soon) Bigfileupload deletes files after a certain amount of time. :angry:

P.S I still have Dino Designer! and the original box cover! (I found it again!)

stanleyopar2000 08-07-2007 05:54 PM

*Sigh* <_< when WILL I see My games on Abandoinia?!I uploaded them through a file-transfer service..so...what next!? Is the site still down!? or do I have to take another step that i haven't done? Please I want to see my donations on the site! Oh..and are you SURE that the FTP info is correct? Total Commander says "connect call failed!" i put in ALL the correct info..what is going on here!

Romano 08-07-2007 07:05 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DA BOMB @ Jul 8 2007, 07:54 PM) [snapback]298513[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

*Sigh* <_< when WILL I see My games on Abandoinia?!I uploaded them through a file-transfer service..so...what next!? Is the site still down!? or do I have to take another step that i haven't done? Please I want to see my donations on the site! Oh..and are you SURE that the FTP info is correct? Total Commander says "connect call failed!" i put in ALL the correct info..what is going on here!
[/b]
I downloaded and unpacked da_bomb.zip to my HD.
All in all 82 objects. 81 game archives and Read This First text document. So I read this first and I found there: I Will write a review on these soon! :)
We are still waiting :D
And we need screenshots, too.

Some of those games are already on Abandonia.

Like:

Alice in Wonderland

Castle

I will go through whole list, and edit this post later this week.

Luchsen 08-07-2007 07:31 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Romano @ Jul 8 2007, 09:05 PM) [snapback]298516[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

All in all 82 objects. I Will write a review on these soon!
[/b]
Have fun, DA BOMB!

Dave 09-07-2007 11:14 AM

Oh my God... LOL

The Fifth Horseman 09-07-2007 01:38 PM

Quote:

Total Commander says "connect call failed!" i put in ALL the correct info..what is going on here![/b]
Enable Passive Mode for transfers and it will work correctly. :ok:

Dave 14-07-2007 12:23 PM

So...little Da BOMB where are your Bombing reviews?
We are waiting :whistling:

stanleyopar2000 06-08-2007 03:37 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(David86 @ Jul 14 2007, 12:23 PM) [snapback]299387[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

So...little Da BOMB where are your Bombing reviews?
We are waiting :whistling:
[/b]
Ok..I'm Back from a 3 week vacation...so i guess I couldent review anything now COULD I?
I'm am so sorry but I have a life...a busy one...and i have been trying to find the time to review some but i always never get the time!!! :angry:

my humblest apologies as i said in the readme i would review them ^_^ ....but with my schedule it doesnt look to good <_<

THE TIME COMMANDO WAZ HERE

I STILL CANT GET T.C WORKING

Dave 06-09-2007 07:31 PM

This topic is open since "Apr 17 2006, 04:44 PM".
A year is passed, and you seems vanished again...
http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/4291/lockedto6.gif

Dave 07-10-2007 04:57 PM

I received your PM, you can post again.

stanleyopar2000 14-10-2007 02:13 PM

Ok people i'm not dead yet but i have a question..where do i send the screen shots and the .txt review for each game? so i can get started... :ok:

Sebatianos 14-10-2007 02:21 PM

That would be the incoming folder on the Abandonia server (or mail it to an updater).

stanleyopar2000 14-10-2007 02:24 PM

number 1: the FTP "stuff" is not working for me
number2: who are the updaters?

thanks

Sebatianos 14-10-2007 02:31 PM

Romano, Tulac, marko_river, Reup, ME (you can send it to my mail @yahoo.co.uk, the nisk is the same as here).

stanleyopar2000 14-10-2007 02:37 PM

Ok thanks! but what about the Total Commander Stuff that is not working?

"connect call failed!"

can you help me w/ that?

_r.u.s.s. 14-10-2007 02:38 PM

try different ftp client, even default windows explorer can do the job, just paste the ip in to the adress bar

Sebatianos 14-10-2007 02:47 PM

Yup, the IE should do the trick (although I personally still use the Web CEO).

stanleyopar2000 14-10-2007 02:58 PM

not to be a n00b but WHAT address do you put in the "address bar"

Sebatianos 14-10-2007 02:59 PM

Check the PM (don't wanna give the IP number in the open like this).

stanleyopar2000 14-10-2007 03:37 PM

So "kosta's the King Above all others huh?" so i guess i can't get in..yea i tried IE and Mozilla and it didnt let me in..

so any luck?

_r.u.s.s. 14-10-2007 03:56 PM

try harder..

Paco 14-10-2007 04:07 PM

- try it without Firewall.

- try FTP-Programm again with passive Modus enabled.

Horseman made a Guide for FTP. look into it.

stanleyopar2000 14-10-2007 04:41 PM

Ok i FINALLY accessed your FTP server through my web browser BUT I STILL can't get it to work for total commander!!!

i followed the inst. AND enabled passive mode

_r.u.s.s. 14-10-2007 05:01 PM

why would you need total comander if you are already in with explorer? you can upload stuff there as well

Luchsen 14-10-2007 05:30 PM

I thought access over browser has been disabled. :blink:

Sebatianos 14-10-2007 06:27 PM

Why would it be? The incoming folder is for adding only - so restricting addition to the site wouldn't make much sense (at least they don't to me).

stanleyopar2000 14-10-2007 06:47 PM

well ok..HOW do i ADD stuff i SEE my (and other people's) Stuff but how do i put more in my DA BOMB folder?

EDIT: how come i cant download anything from the FTP server EX: MY ZIP FILE I MADE!!

when i click it it says "550 Failed to change directory!"

any advice?

_r.u.s.s. 14-10-2007 08:27 PM

about uploading: if using windows explorer, it behaves like normal folder so copy paste
about download: i think its forbidden

stanleyopar2000 14-10-2007 09:22 PM

ok i used windows explorer and said remember password...i think the password that it remembered is is incorrect

2 questions

HOW do i clear my password storage

number 2- it STILL says that 550 stuff (pretty much...i can't get on!

PS: thank you all for giving me constant support! :)

_r.u.s.s. 14-10-2007 09:29 PM

err, try in tools, internet optinos and there somewhere, i dont have ie by myself
by the way.. 550 means that you cant acces the directory, so dont go there

Luchsen 14-10-2007 09:37 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DA BOMB @ Oct 14 2007, 11:10 PM) [snapback]316124[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

CRAP! A DOUBLE POST! my bad!
[/b]
Simply delete it, that's the purpose of that delete button you see bottom right of your posts. ;)

stanleyopar2000 14-10-2007 09:43 PM

Ok i don't see THAT button to delete posts but i'f i can't access the directory how on earth am i suppose to put MY stuff in there!?

_r.u.s.s. 14-10-2007 09:47 PM

cant you go to any different directory? i thought you were trying to go to a specific one, you cant access your own one? maybe you should try putting everything in a folder first then move it to the server then

stanleyopar2000 15-10-2007 01:23 AM

nope still this 550 crap..but what's new..i can't even access my OWN folder in there using windows explorer!

Sebatianos 15-10-2007 07:02 AM

Maybe it's got something to do with the new Abandonia layout - I can't get into the updater's panel at the moment. You can still simply email the things to me (Sebatianos at either hotmail.com or yahoo.co.uk).

The Fifth Horseman 15-10-2007 07:40 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DA BOMB @ Oct 14 2007, 08:47 PM) [snapback]316106[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

EDIT: how come i cant download anything from the FTP server EX: MY ZIP FILE I MADE!!
[/b]
Simple as: not allowed, nobody can except Kosta, his admins and updaters.

Dave 15-10-2007 10:54 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Luchsen @ Oct 14 2007, 11:37 PM) [snapback]316138[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DA BOMB @ Oct 14 2007, 11:10 PM) [snapback]316124[/snapback]
Quote:

CRAP! A DOUBLE POST! my bad!
[/b]
Simply delete it, that's the purpose of that delete button you see bottom right of your posts. ;)
[/b][/quote]
He simply can't ^_^ , AFAIK only Mods and Admins has it.

Luchsen 15-10-2007 03:30 PM

I have that button beneath my posts since I registered. And now don't take it away, I like it! :angry: LOL

Sebatianos 15-10-2007 06:53 PM

It used to be for everybody, but then it got removed, then people could choose if the edit message would show up or not... Doesn't really matter - and it's getting off topic (sorry, had to say it, please don't hate me for it :tomato: ).

stanleyopar2000 15-10-2007 07:21 PM

Ok so..i guess i will e-mail one of you people when the time is right!

thank you for your constant support (and tolerence! LOL ) for my problems :ok:

stanleyopar2000 23-10-2007 09:48 PM

Ok note to EVRYONE i havent left..its just that i'm busy as hell w/ my midterms..studying and sll that crap but i havent forgotten!

Dave 10-11-2007 02:06 PM

Maybe someone could help you with some reviews...

Paco 17-01-2009 12:11 PM

I will make a list later. Its simply far to much to count. -.-

Review and such are still needed. :bleh:

wenlo 16-09-2009 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _r.u.s.s. (Post 216171)
since you are talking about games which abandonia doesnt have i would be glad to share one of my favourites Deathrally from Apogee software

it looks like this
so now iam supposed to pm kosta or can i pm sombody else? :unsure:

yuoґll find it here
<<<<<no warez sites, please>>>>>>>

_r.u.s.s. 16-09-2009 01:43 PM

the post is god damn 3 years old
plus, the site you linked to offers protected games for the download

someone delete this

aarne 16-09-2009 05:20 PM

lulz

stanleyopar2000 11-12-2009 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aarne (Post 382984)
lulz

wholy crap..

its been about 5 years...

but DA BOMB is back...

but enough of that f**kin immature childish crap name.....

im stanleyopar2000...

and I'm a mature person now im college...

so why the new name?

1. it links me to my immature past
2. the name screams NOOB.
3. im starting a new plate

so....

3 years late...but...

how about dem games!? :thumbs:

still got em' ya know :max:

TotalAnarchy 12-12-2009 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanleyopar2000 (Post 390735)
wholy crap..

its been about 5 years...

but DA BOMB is back...

but enough of that f**kin immature childish crap name.....

im stanleyopar2000...

and I'm a mature person now im college...

so why the new name?

1. it links me to my immature past
2. the name screams NOOB.
3. im starting a new plate

so....

3 years late...but...

how about dem games!? :thumbs:

still got em' ya know :max:

Ok, the biggest problem is we don't even know what they are. As you might've heard already Abandonia doesn't add completely freeware games or limited shareware. If the games were commercial and after that released as freeware, then it's ok. If it was a shareware game but you've offered the entire package, not only one episode from 4, for example, it's good too.

So my question is - which of these games you have uploaded on FTP were always freeware, which are not complete (as in limited shareware), and which are full games.

Saccade 12-12-2009 08:27 AM

Hi Dan :rocks:

I PM'd Dave about merging yr old account.
If we can't, and you still want yr pieces of eight or whatever, we can transfer the details.

l8rz

btw - now you can use the chatbox here, rather than at Facebook.
The Facebook one is shite.

Dave 12-12-2009 10:27 AM

DA BOMB IN! Welcome back :p

I can merge them, you want DA BOMB merged into stanleyopar2000 right?

Dave 14-12-2009 12:44 PM

Profiles merged.

stanleyopar2000 14-12-2009 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TotalAnarchy (Post 390744)
Ok, the biggest problem is we don't even know what they are. As you might've heard already Abandonia doesn't add completely freeware games or limited shareware. If the games were commercial and after that released as freeware, then it's ok. If it was a shareware game but you've offered the entire package, not only one episode from 4, for example, it's good too.

So my question is - which of these games you have uploaded on FTP were always freeware, which are not complete (as in limited shareware), and which are full games.

check the 1st post....

thanks for merging my accounts dave...its appreciated ^_^
its VERY OLD.

but I still have them....

Tom Henrik described them and talked about which ones I can and can't upload. and which ones he was interested in...

let me know what I can do...

Fubb 14-12-2009 11:42 PM

I WAS FROZEN TODAY

TotalAnarchy 15-12-2009 04:38 AM

Hey, Stan, thing is you already uploaded the games on FTP. :) Now we need reviews for them. I'm going now through the older posts to see which ones should be removed from FTP for being Freeware.

stanleyopar2000 15-12-2009 07:26 PM

okay,. when you do...lemme know which o nes are left, and could you post them here please? ^_^

thanks =

TotalAnarchy 16-12-2009 05:43 AM

You'll have to wait a bit. This will take considerable time to check.

Saccade 16-12-2009 08:15 AM

Have you written any reviews for these or any other games, man?

"Considerable" is reduced to "Some" if we have reviews for games, too.

TotalAnarchy 17-12-2009 01:15 PM

Alice in Wonderland [ON SITE] [REMOVED]
Bouncing Babies [ON SITE] [REMOVED]
Castle [ON SITE] as Castle Adventure [REMOVED]
Yet Another Tetris, was always freeware [REMOVED]
ZJZ Risk [APPROVED]
Yacht-Z II [APPROVED]
World Empire [APPROVED]
WordHai, not sure about this version. There's a [SOLD] version http://wordzap.com/buyzapnow.asp
Word Rescue [SOLD] http://www.buy3drealms.com/ Plus your archive contains only 1 episode out of 3, the shareware one.
VGA Roulette [APPROVED]
War on the Sea, not sure if this was always freeware
VGA Mah Jongg [APPROVED]
The Maze Game [APPROVED]
Tetris Deluxe, always freeware, [REMOVED]
Tear Down the Wall [APPROVED]
Tank Wars [APPROVED]
Son of Stagefright [APPROVED]
Sopwith [ON SITE] [REMOVED]
Solitaire [APPROVED], the real name of this game might be EGA Solitaire, but it can also be one of the two games John A Junod says are now free on his site.
SMF Casino Poker [APPROVED]
Sea Hunt [APPROVED]
Robomaze II, you uploaded only the first episode out of 3, thus we need it full
Race! [APPROVED]
Power Chess [APPROVED]
Pitfall, always free [REMOVED]
Piperun [APPROVED]
Pinball Games 1, its real name is Pinball Tables, and it was always freeware [REMOVED]
PC Monopoly [APPROVED]
PC Bingo [APPROVED]
Paganitzu [SOLD] at http://www.buy3drealms.com/ , and again you have only the first episode
Pachisi [APPROVED]
Old Maid [APPROVED] but according to files inside it your ver is still limited (a demo), so we need a ver that is registered
Nyet, always freeware [REMOVED]
Mummies, always public domain [REMOVED]
Moria, always free [REMOVED]
Mirror Maze [APPROVED]
Mines, always public domain [REMOVED]
Maze 3D [APPROVED]
Leong [APPROVED]
Leaper [APPROVED]
Ladder Man [SOLD] http://www.soleau.com/dosgame.html
Klotz, always freeware [REMOVED]
Klondike [APPROVED]
Kalaha [APPROVED]
Jungle Jack, this is a different game than the one currently on site [APPROVED], but it seems you have a limited version
Jotto [APPROVED]
Hunt, always free [REMOVED] real name is Treasure Hunt
Hop [APPROVED]
Hogbear 2 [APPROVED]
Hearts [APPROVED]
Graphics Adventure Game Builder [APPROVED]
Go Fish [APPROVED]
Ford racing Simulator, always freeware [REMOVED]
Elevator, always public domain [REMOVED]
Ed's Chess [APPROVED]
Duke Nukem II [SOLD] http://www.buy3drealms.com/
Doublolo, always free [REMOVED]
DGI Maze [APPROVED]
Cunning Football [APPROVED]
CubeAZ [APPROVED]
Crystal Caves [SOLD] http://www.buy3drealms.com/ , you have the limited version
Crypto [APPROVED] , real title Cryptograms
Cryptaid, always public domain [REMOVED]
Crypt-O-Search [APPROVED]
Crazy Eights [APPROVED]
Craps Complete [APPROVED]
Chekkers [APPROVED]
CarWash [APPROVED]
Bridgepal [APPROVED]
Blackjack [APPROVED]
Big Rig, always public domain [REMOVED]
Backgammon [APPROVED]
Archery, always free [REMOVED]
Amaze [APPROVED]
Aldo's Adventure [APPROVED]
Acrostix, always free [REMOVED]
7 Card Stud [APPROVED]

If you want, we can send the removed free/public domain games to our sister site Reloaded, which specializes in freeware games.

bobson 17-12-2009 06:59 PM

You did a lot of work TA! That is quite a list :)

stanleyopar2000 10-02-2011 03:19 AM

ROFL...any new updates here guys? :lol:

kinda don't know what to do next :whistling:

Maybe someone can send me a PM reply...hate to be a bother...

but... I want to finish what I started. ...6 YEARS AGO.

even if it IS a little late.

marko river 10-02-2011 10:00 AM

it's been a while indeed... what can you do? Supply us with those game archives right? We'll need to re-check some of those, but most of those Approved are most likely still needed.

Paco 10-02-2011 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko river (Post 422741)
it's been a while indeed... what can you do? Supply us with those game archives right? We'll need to re-check some of those, but most of those Approved are most likely still needed.

What are you talking about? these games TA listed were put on FTP Years ago!

Dave 10-02-2011 11:21 AM

He promised reviews, Dave didn't forget :paco:
:D

Paco 10-02-2011 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 422747)
He promised reviews, Dave didn't forget :paco:
:D

oh right. he can start writing 80 Reviews. :D Though some Games got removed and some Games are now on site already, so it will be "just" about 70 Reviews.

marko river 10-02-2011 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paco (Post 422745)
What are you talking about? these games TA listed were put on FTP Years ago!

:dunno: I didn't know Paco, I swear!!! Please forgive me, please don't punish me!!! Not again, pleeeeaseeeee!!!!!:crybaby:

So we got the games, only few reviews to go :) Stanley, do you feel like writing a few? :)

stanleyopar2000 11-02-2011 04:52 PM

my my my...it HAS been a long time hasn't it?

I FTP'd them to Kosta (yes..KOSTA...awesome character :P..sucks he is no longer here though..) and the FTP RAR has been there ever since...

are they even on the website?

and ha ha....reviews?...for 70 games?....no....that can not do : P

maybe 6 years ago when I was 14 years old and had time to burn....(LOL..its kinda weird reading some crap I posted when I was a kid..wholy S#&T I posted like an a$$hole! :lol:)

I digress...MAYBE a video review...but do you mean...like word reviews?..for 70 games??...

Japo 11-02-2011 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanleyopar2000 (Post 422860)
I digress...MAYBE a video review...

We would love that, even one :P

stanleyopar2000 11-02-2011 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Japo (Post 422868)
We would love that, even one :P

WELL, my old (now banned) 650+ sub stanleyopar2000 youtube channel, I had a block where I reviewed and did playthrough's of nostalgic games...I only had 2 episodes LOL

Castle Wolfenstein 1 & 2 (return to castle wolfenstein)

and Resident Evil 1 PSX

xD.....hmm...maybe I could make comeback on my new Stanleyopar91 channel :P

marko river 11-02-2011 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanleyopar2000 (Post 422860)
I digress...MAYBE a video review...but do you mean...like word reviews?..for 70 games??...

And I would like to see one txt review. Just one :) 70 would be too much to handle :)

Japo 12-02-2011 08:42 AM

Well if you make anything, post back here. :)

Dave 12-02-2011 12:08 PM

I was joking stanleyopar2000, we are all volounteers so you are free to help as you prefer.
However those games submitted can't be added on site without a review and some screenshots and they could stay in queue for other years.

stanleyopar2000 13-02-2011 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 422901)
I was joking stanleyopar2000, we are all volounteers so you are free to help as you prefer.
However those games submitted can't be added on site without a review and some screenshots and they could stay in queue for other years.

I think 6 years is long enough for these games xD..

after I submit a long-awaited PSP / DS review on my channel for my subscribers,

I think I will bring back old block from my other youtube channel and start reviewing them ^ ^
most of them (I mean almost all of them) will be video reviews...because that is what I do best

Dave 14-02-2011 11:46 AM

Videos submitted will be added to our Youtube channel, however in any case games need text reviews to be added on site :)
For any kind of submission take a look at our guidelines please:
http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=19001

Dave 16-02-2011 09:19 AM

I forgot to underline that we don't add video reviews, only these:
- the intro of a game
- gameplay (part where you're playing the game)
- the outro (ending of the game)
- a noteworthy cut scene in a game

Thanks for your support :)

stanleyopar2000 16-02-2011 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 423142)
I forgot to underline that we don't add video reviews, only these:
- the intro of a game
- gameplay (part where you're playing the game)
- the outro (ending of the game)
- a noteworthy cut scene in a game

Thanks for your support :)

The ENDING?

what if I can't beat it? (which is almost every single DOS game i've played) :cry:

marko river 16-02-2011 10:19 PM

Then record intro, gameplay or some cut-scene :smug:

stanleyopar2000 18-02-2011 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko river (Post 423173)
Then record intro, gameplay or some cut-scene :smug:

Okay...so no ending.....good : D

does anybody have access to the FTP file I put on there?

that way i know WHICH exact ones I'm reviewing...

stanleyopar2000 05-11-2012 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanleyopar2000 (Post 423261)
Okay...so no ending.....good : D

does anybody have access to the FTP file I put on there?

that way i know WHICH exact ones I'm reviewing...

holy shit. I usually don't double post but goddamn...I didn't get a straight answer LOL

this 6 year thread needs to have an ultimatum..I'm still happy and willing to donate my games to Abandonia

EX: "The Dinosaur Designer" is not even available for download anywhere on the internet...yet I have the floppy...(DON'T Have the Box anymore as some genius threw it away!!)
found boxshot on an old ebay listing here => http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Dinosaur-Desi...ggQ~~60_12.JPG

with my life the way it's going and my JOB (was in grade school when this thread was created..my my my..how time flies) I don't have time to review all 70 games...but would love to donate them to the internet so they can be preserved

marko river 05-11-2012 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanleyopar2000 (Post 447116)
holy shit... goddamn...

I second this. :mhh: How da hell did we failed to properly respond to you? :suspicious:

Anyway, FTP details sent. Check if it works.

stanleyopar2000 05-11-2012 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko river (Post 447118)
I second this. :mhh: How da hell did we failed to properly respond to you? :suspicious:

Anyway, FTP details sent. Check if it works.

holy shit...I haven't done this since Tom Henrik and The Fifth Horseman and Kosta were here. I use total commander or something like that right?...I already uploaded them to Tom years ago and there in a .zip.....would they still be on the server?

edit: I don't have any new PM's lol

marko river 06-11-2012 08:38 AM

There was no option to send you PM, just email and I'm not sure what was the mail address. I checked just a little bit and found some games are still here: World Empire and Yacht-z II. Don't know about others, I just checked random two to see do we still have those archives. Other archives are probably there too, don't feel like checking them all.

I couldn't find Dinosaur Designer though. Too bad about the box. In mail to you, I also wrote to get some software and create floppy image of the game (or whatever it is). It is enough to provide the zip of the archive, but when possible we like to provide image as well, in order or preserving :)

stanleyopar2000 07-11-2012 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko river (Post 447138)
There was no option to send you PM, just email and I'm not sure what was the mail address. I checked just a little bit and found some games are still here: World Empire and Yacht-z II. Don't know about others, I just checked random two to see do we still have those archives. Other archives are probably there too, don't feel like checking them all.

I couldn't find Dinosaur Designer though. Too bad about the box. In mail to you, I also wrote to get some software and create floppy image of the game (or whatever it is). It is enough to provide the zip of the archive, but when possible we like to provide image as well, in order or preserving :)

tested the ol '91 floppy yesterday on a sony USB power zipdrive. works like a charm :)..and lol silly me...had PM'ing off...xD

stanleyopar2000 07-11-2012 09:43 PM

THE COMPLETE COLLECTION

Actually...I found out that I have even more......holy shit.

here is the entire list (some entries might be repeated)

TRADITIONAL GAMES

Board Games

Backgammon - Play backgammon against the computer. No doubling. Plays a credible game. (Shareware: Free to try, $15 if you decide to keep it)

Doublolo - Othello against the computer. Played on a large board with randomly placed blocking squares. Neat idea. Somewhat slow but plays a strong defensive game, with every game different. Has save game, take back and boss key.

Checkers - Great. Play against the computer. This checkers game can use the Hoyle or Huff jump rules. You can save and retrieve games. It could very well be the "Sargon" of checkers (Shareware: Free to try, $15 if you decide to keep it. )

Ed's Chess - Ed's Chess is a great chess game that will work on any monitor. Play against the computer with progressive levels of difficulty based on the time the computer will take (30 seconds per move is a pretty good game). You can save and restore games. It also features an openings library, autoplay, backup moves, and the capability to have the computer display its thinking process. It even thinks about its move while you are thinking about your move. (Shareware: Free to try, $15 if you decide to keep it.)

Pachisi - The classic Pachisi (Parcheesi, India) for 1 to 4 players. The computer can play up to 4 opponents. Very slick graphics (Shareware: Free to try, $5 if you decide to keep it)

PC Bingo - Play Bingo using this program to randomly pick the numbers. The computer is the master board. Verify winners. Prints cards on Epson FX or LaserJet printers.

Yacht-z II - A computerized version of the classic dice game, Triple Yahtzee. Single player version (Shareware: Free to try, $10 if you decide to keep it)

PC Monopoly - Clone of classic board game. Has save and restore, automatic money calculations. For 1 to 6 players. Version: 2.0 (Shareware: Free to try, $15 if you decide to keep it)

VGA Mah Jongg - A super Mah Jongg tile solitaire game. Has lots of shortcuts, peek, stack manipulation, and many more nifties. A tile set creation module is included. (Shareware: Free to try, $15 if you decide to keep it)

[duplicate] ZJZ Risk - Clone of the classic board game for 2 to 6 players. Save and re-start games. Risk is an addictive battle game that takes longer to play than Monopoly. (Shareware: Free to try, $15 if you decide to keep it)

CARD GAMES

7 Card Stud - A terrific game of 8-handed 7-card Stud for one person to play against 7 computer opponents (Shareware: Free to try, $19 if you decide to keep it)

Craps Complete - Bet on pass, don't pass, Big 6, Big 8, etc. It's all here. Gives top view of table. Good graphics (Shareware: Free to try, $15 if you decide to keep it)

Crazy Eights - Play cards against the computer. Easy to use. (Shareware: Free to try, $10 if you decide to keep it)

GO FISH - Go Fish is a card game. The program will not load after an unspecified number of games until it is registered. [uninstall will most likely fix] (Shareware: Free to try, $14.00 if you decide to keep it)

OLD MAID - Old Maid is a card game. This program will cease to function after an unspecified amount of time unless it is registered [re-install will probably fix] (Shareware: Free to try, $14.00 if you decide to keep it)

Blackjack for Windows - Las Vegas style blackjack with split and double down options, hints, save and restore, variable number of decks, and more nice options. Can show card counts and statistic (Shareware: Free to try, $40 [ARE THEY HIGH] if you decide to keep it)

BridgePal - Play one hand of bridge, the computer plays the other 3 - you control your dummy. Duplicate play option for 2 people. Computer keeps score. Save, replay and autoplay modes. You can also rotate hands to replay them from the opponents' side. Conventions recognized are: jump shift, strong opening 2 bids, preempt, short club, penalty double, strong no-trump, take-out double, Blackwood. This is not from Borland's Game Toolbox
(When you click "Install" below, the files will be copied to your hard drive. After installation, you must rename one file before using the product.

The file: ren_me.tmp
must be renamed: --------.---)
[Shareware: Free to try, $10 if you decide to keep it.]

Hearts For DOS
- The classic dirty hearts for 4 players. Play against 3 computer hands. (Shareware: Free to try, $15-45 if you decide to keep it)

SMF Casino Poker For Windows Five-card Poker for Windows. Bet quarters, half dollars or dollar (Shareware: Free to try, $10 if you decide to keep it)

Solitare - The standard 7-pile solitaire game for the EGA. Has good usage interface and special VGA mode. Draw 1 or 3 cards at a time. Can use a mouse. DOS 3.x, EGA. (Shareware: Free to try, $5 if you decide to keep it)

WORD GAMES

Acrostix- An acrostic puzzle game similar to the ones found in many newspapers. You're presented with a group of scrambled letters; your task is to sort them out into the correct answer. Features a cheat and train mode, and "automatic", which will solve the puzzle for you. Included are 20 puzzles; you can also create (and distribute) your own very easily.

CRYPTAID
-
A tremendous tool for solving (or creating) cryptograms.(Public Domain)

CRYPTO - Over 1900 puzzles to decipher - proverbs, jokes, funny definitions. The on-line solving program gives frequency charts, diagraphs, trigraphs, doubles, does reverses, and can even give hints. 4 levels of play. (Shareware: Free to try, $30 if you decide to keep it.)

JOTTO - A game of 5-letter words somewhat like Mastermind. Players exchange guesses of words and receive the number of letters that are in the opponent's secret word. The object is to guess the word in the fewest guesses. A great learning experience and a good challenge. Play against the computer at 8 different levels of skill. A great addictive game done well. (Shareware: Free to try, $10 if you decide to keep it)

WORD RESCUE - [Edutainment] The mean old Gruzzles can't read and they don't want anyone else to be able to read. So they are stealing the words out of all the books. Benny Bookworm needs your help to stop the Gruzzles and reunite the words with their meanings. Once you join all the words and meanings, Benny can put the words back into the books. But watch out for those Gruzzles. Geared towards 5 to 10 year old children. Excellent graphics and joystick support. (Shareware: Free to try, $19-34 if you decide to keep it)

WORDHAI - Fill a 7 X 3 grid with 2-letter words. 3 levels of play. Hints. Rather enjoyable. ( I played this game years ago and it's fun)

stanleyopar2000 07-11-2012 10:06 PM

making separate posts so this is better organized. Don't crucify me

ADRENALINE ZONE

ADVENTURE

Castle - Search through a multi-level castle. Try to find the hidden room. Challenging, yet easy enough to get youngsters involved. (Free)

Crystal Caves - If you thought Commander Keen and Duke Nukem were challenging, you will love this new game from the same folks. Explore various caves, collecting crystals while watching for snakes, rocks that move, elevators, doors, traps, stalactites and stalagmites, partially hidden, hungry monsters, shooting flames, poison mushrooms and little green monsters. Total of 16 caves to explore. Save and restore at each level, timed functions, joystick support. Ver. 1.0. ( Shareware: Free to try, $30 if you decide to keep it.) [I personally have all 3 full episodes]

Moria [B&W and much more simpler adventure "@" game] - The Dungeons of Moria is like Hack but easier to set up. Uses Rogue-like commands and a map based playing field rather than text. You have a wide choice of characters, armor, weapons, spells, etc. and fight lots of great monsters like ants, bats, centipedes, dragons, elementals, frogs, ghosts, harpies, icky-things, jackals, kobolds, lice, mold. Well, you get the idea. Now with more tricks, pitfalls, and commands. (Free)

Alice In Wonderland - [already on abandonia]

Piperun - Great. Fast adventure. Find the treasures and get back home. (Shareware: Free to try, $5 if you decide to keep it.)

Pitfall (NOT AN ACTIVISION ATARI 2600 CLONE) - You're falling. Avoid the walls and demons. A deceptively simple game that needs a good deal of looking ahead to win. (Public Domain)

Paganitzu - In this arcade adventure game, you are Alabama Smith, a well-known archaeologist, on an expedition to locate the crystal rose and silver dagger hidden in the Aztec pyramid of Paganitzu. The game challenges the player to create an escape route while dodging the perils of the pyramid. Has save and restore, joystick support, and built-in hints. Problem solving in an excellent graphics environment. (Shareware: Free to try, 15 if you decide to keep it)

Son of Stagefright - There's plenty of spooky atmosphere in this theater-goer's nightmare that has you finding your way out of a creepy abandoned theater. Tiptoe along catwalks, wend your way through mini-mazes, and encounter a range of weirdos. Bad jokes and word play abound. (This game is a sequel to the retail game Stagefright.)[Shareware: Free to try, $5 if you decide to keep it]

STRATEGY

Hogbear 2 - Find Hogbear, learn his secret and leave the house. 38 rooms. On-line help. Good strategy necessary. Save and restore. Map-based game uses text and function key commands. LONG. LENGTHY and Annoying as FUCK shareware screen every time game is launched (Shareware: Free to try, $10 if you decide to keep it.)

Leong - Land mine game with frills. Get to safety through a mine field with a faulty mine detector. Boss key. (Shareware: Free to try, $5 if you decide to keep it)

Cunning Football - Allows you to play football against the computer in real time. You select and control plays. It displays the action and you control key players. Runs from the keyboard, mouse, or joystick. This is like the great 25 cent trackball game that used to be found in the arcades (Shareware: Free to try, $25 if you decide to keep it)

Kalaha - African bean game for 1 player against the computer. Will support a mouse. (Shareware: Free to try, $10 if you decide to keep it.)

Klondike - Klondike is probably the most well-known of all the Solitaire card games. This program features excellent graphics and is very intuitive. Users rate it as the best Solitaire game available for PCs. Also called Fascination or China Man. (Shareware: Free to try, $15-20 if you decide to keep it)

Power Chess - Solid chess game with all the frills. Obeys all the international chess rules. Recognizes stalemate and technical draw. Keeps an index of moves. Allows for take back of moves. Allows custom setups of the board. Even announces checkmate in "n" moves. Other features. Has 64 setups and 2 sample games files. Nice display. Lots of documentation (Shareware: Free to try, $35 if you decide to keep it)

World Empire - Feeling omnipotent? In World Empire your job is to conquer the world and bring it under your ideology. To succeed, you must defeat the competing ideologies (choose from socialism, realism, militarism, and populism). The strategy game is set in the not-too-distant future when the
people are tired of weakened nationalist governments that bicker over trade restrictions and border disagreements. It has good arcade-style graphics
. (Shareware: Free to try, $25 if you decide to keep it)

Tear Down The Wall - Good strategy game. Remove bricks trying to get the biggest piece of the wall to fall. For 2 players or against the computer (but you have to be real good). Optionally uses a mouse. (Shareware: Free to try, $5 if you decide to keep it)

stanleyopar2000 07-11-2012 10:14 PM

TEN TORMENTORS

MAZES

Hunt -Graphics treasure hunt in a maze. Best in color. {plays annoying sound when you get a treasure} (free)

Maze [3D]
- Mind-boggling 3D maze for 1 to 9 players. Tons of rooms in a maze up to 80 x 80 x 80. Definitely tests the thought processes. High resolution on EGA or VGA. ( Shareware: Free to try, $12 if you decide to keep it)

Maze (2) - Another program which challenges you to complete mazes in the shortest time and fewest moves. Ver 1.20a (Free)

Mirror Maze - Run over power pellets while negotiating 15 levels of mazes. {looks like a strange version of "snake"} (Shareware: Free to try, $20 if you decide to keep it)

Robomaze II: The Lobby -An arcade/adventure game which pits the user against numerous obstacles. You have escaped from the Maze of Death in the basement of a tower controlled by an evil dictator. Your mission is to take control of the tower by defeating the enemy robots that control it. (Shareware: Free to try, $15 if you decide to keep it.)

PUZZLES

CubeAZ - Rubiks cube for the computer. Uses one-character rotate commands. Allows you to rotate your view, stack and preview commands, undo, save and restore. (Shareware: Free to try, $10 if you decide to keep it)

Hop - The object of this clever puzzle game is to move the black balls into the spaces occupied by the gray balls and vice versa. Simple but fun. Has undo and auto-solve (Shareware: Free to try, $8 if you decide to keep it)

Ladder Man - You need logic, planning, and problem-solving fortitude to successfully guide Ladder Man through this make-like game. Negotiate fire and deep abysses while you scoop up gems and direct Ladder Man through 30 floors. It's an entertaining game with great graphic (Shareware: Free to try, $12 if you decide to keep it. Checked it out. the ORIGINAL website is STILL alive and accepting payments for their DOS programs!!)

TETRIS CLONES

Klotz - Tetris clone from Germany. 10 levels, speed control, look ahead. The playing field can be resized. (free)

Nynet - Drop the odd-shaped blocks in the bucket for maximum space usage. A great reaction game with logic and spatial recognition. This is the same as the 25 cent (or $39.95) game Tetris. (free)

Tetris Deluxe - A variant of the classic Tetris game, for EGA, VGA systems. This game can be played single user or multiple player. Four levels of play are provided by user selecting how many different pieces the game will use. Keeps a running scoreboard (free)

Yet Another Tetris - A Tetris-like game with changeable figures. Change height and width of figures, 10 levels of play, pause game (free)

stanleyopar2000 07-11-2012 10:25 PM

info for here and others below will be added later. too tired atm

SIMULATORS

Archery - Small archery game for 1 to 4 players. Has random wind conditions. - (Public Domain)

Big Rig
- text based Cross-country trucking. Don't forget to fuel up and sleep occasionally.(Public Domain)

Car Wash - Check out this chance to run the A-1 Super Spiffy Car Wash. You bootstrap the business with $100, and challenge your financial savvy by hiring washers and waxers, buying soap, and placing ads--all while keeping a close eye on the weather, which makes or breaks your profits. The goal, of course, is to make money. There's a top-notch graphical interface with great color and lots of pop-up windows. (Shareware: Free to try, $10 if you decide to keep it.)

Ford Simulator - official FORD Simulator. From the Ford Motor Company comes a tremendous driver's answer to the Flight Simulator. You can run any of four simulations in your choice of an '88 Aerostar, Bronco II, Continental, Cougar, Escort, Festiva, Mark VII, Mustang GT, Mustang GLX, Ranger, Scorpio, Taurus, Topaz, Tracer, Turbo Coupe, or XR4Ti. (free)

FS Pro - For the Flight Simulator 3 or 4 fan and also somewhat useful to the private pilot. It is a database manager for airports, airplanes, FS Modes, VORs, NDBs, etc. A database of 1200 airports is included; you can add more. The FS scenery disk coordinates are converted to latitude and longitude to help use real sectionals. (Shareware: Free to try, $40 if you decide to keep it)

SOPWITH - Aerial dog-fight in 2D. Destroy all enemy targets with a somewhat limited airforce. Play solo or against the computer. Version: 2 (Public Domain)

War at Sea - War at Sea. Neat simulations of sea battles. WW II Atlantic and Pacific. A lot more than a simple Battleship game. Not tremendously detailed like Big Three, but very engrossing. (free)

Tank Wars - ["worms" gameplay] Tank battle game for 1 to 10 people. 8 scenarios. 6 skill levels, sound, supports a mouse (Shareware: Free to try, $10 if you decide to keep it)

Jungle Jack
-[Pipe Dream Clone] Dig canals to bring water to estates. 5 levels of play, sound. Similar to Main Break in concept. (Shareware: Free to try, $10 if you decide to keep it)

Race - Miniature car racing. With race course construction set. 19 courses included. Look out for oil slicks and tornadoes. (Shareware: Free to try, $5-15 if you decide to keep it)

Sea Hunt
- The classic Battleship for 1 player against the computer. 10 levels of play (the tougher levels involve the computer in cheating). Optionally, can use a joystick. The computer gives good sound effects and witty quotes which can be turned off. (Shareware: Free to try, $10-20 if you decide to keep it)

VGA Roulette - Straight, split, street, square, line, column, dozen, red, black, etc. etc. etc. 154 different bets. Good graphics. Version: 2.0 (Shareware: Free to try, $15 if you decide to keep it.)

stanleyopar2000 07-11-2012 10:31 PM

(not sure if this fits but..)
DOOM ROOM

HELPERS

Doom Construction Kit - Editing maps is easier than ever with the DOOM Construction Kit, a highly featured id game editor complete with a button-bar menu interface. Use your mouse to drag and drop objects, and to cut and paste. Recent revisions have added support for all three id games. On-line help is provided. In addition, the kit is now compiled in 386 32-bit code, and new features have been added, such as UNDO, better documentation, enhanced door/lift creators, auto-zoom, flipping, unmarking, and paint. The painter now displays a menu of setting combinations to copy; the stairs function has an effective preview window; and the save function has a consistency checker. If you're into id game editing, this is worth a look. (Shareware)

Doom Designers Handbook WAD - The DOOM Designer's Handbook WAD is written for would-be or struggling DOOM WAD designers. The program provides an ASCII text version and a Windows help file in a concise format that can be printed out for handy reference. Access the excellent glossary, tips, and effects for design guidance, and use the checklist for finishing up. Tables containing sizes and dimensions, common errors, and error-message definitions are provided. An example WAD for DOOM I and II is included for studying purposes. Create that award-winning WAD file by using the wealth of information found here. (Free)

DOOM Editor for WINDOWS - DOOM Editor for Windows is a DOOM WAD editor that lets you select and delete multiple objects. You can also view and edit sprites, panels, floors/ceilings, and textures. Import/export all sounds, then play or convert them to WAV files. When you're in map-edit mode, you can work with grid settings and platforms and compile statistics, creating a complete map in minutes. Many editors clutter up your DOOM directory, but this one resides in its own subdirectory. Recent updates have enhanced many features in this editor. The most noteworthy is a new automatic tutorial feature for editing and creating WAD files. Note that you should install this program on the same drive where your DOOM games reside. The program is also available on CD-ROM (Shareware: Free to try, $25-$50 if you decide to keep it. )

DOOM-IT - The DOOM-IT setup program will make running your DOOM and Heretic games easy. Selecting single or multiplayer games, you can easily start your games without having to bother with all the command-line parameters. You have the ability to define five sets of default startups from the menu. Once you set your paths, they're saved and you're ready to go. The really nice part of DOOM-IT is that it will work with all registered versions of DOOM shareware, DOOM II, and now Heretic. Simply click on your choice of games, including up to nine PWADS at once, and DehackEd patches from a pick list, warps to any level, and records games. Serial and modem games are handled, and there is a handy phone book for storing your opponents' listings. When exiting a game, DOOM-IT will reload and you are ready to select a new game. A mouse is recommended but not necessary, as DOOM-IT will work from the keyboard. Setup is very easy with the good documentation--including some Heretic information. There are two levels of registration. The higher level includes a disk with your name written into the program and a collection of WADs for DOOM and DOOM II, as well as all updates. (Shareware: Free to try, $5-$9 if you decide to keep it.)

DoomCAD - game level editor that modifies existing episodes or creates new ones from scratch. If you've already conquered DOOM II but are still addicted, check out
DOOMCAD. It makes creating levels a breeze. Convert DOOM WADs from the v1 series to DOOM II WADs. It even has a prefab construction kit that allows you to quickly add common game features, such as rooms, staircases, and hallways, with the click of a button. Also included in the package are programs to build your nodes/blockmaps, which makes the process much faster. There is also a program to merge WAD files with different levels into one WAD file. Lastly, a WAD view program allows you to view graphics in a WAD and optionally export them. Online help is available. This major update lets you edit and create WAD files for DOOM I, DOOM II, and Heretic all in one package
(Shareware: Free to try, $20 if you decide to keep it)

RICK'S WAD TEXT EDITOR - Rick's WAD Text Editor is an editor for text files found in WAD file archives. From the outset of constructing WAD files for DOOM, Heretic, and Dark Forces there has been a suggested and widely used text-file format for informing the user about the WAD file. Rick's WAD Text Editor let's you simply fill in blanks for a perfectly formatted text file to enclose with your WADs, no matter what WAD editors you may use. (Shareware: Free to try, $2 if you decide to keep it)
Heretic Editor Utility - Heretic Editor Utility is a fully operating level editor that supports all the special sectors and other specific Heretic operations. Based on code from the popular DEU 5.2 DOOM editor (with slight modifications), HUE includes documentation on the concepts of Heretic plus hints and cheats for the game. This utility was written for those already familiar with DEU and WAD editing; it does not offer a lot of help in actual editing. If you are not already familiar with editing, it is suggested that you secure a copy of one of the many files that deal with WAD editing with DEU. This archive includes a complete listing of all levels and missions in Heretic, and a DWANGO WAD file--created with this editor--for play on the popular DWANGO server. Also included is a separate, improved nodes builder. There are suggestions on what makes a good or bad WAD file, and what to look for when testing your creation.

Heretic Hack Editor - The Heretic Hack Editor (HHE) lets you modify the Heretic EXE file in the same way the DeHackEd editor works for DOOM. Simply edit the INI file for the correct paths, and you're ready. Use your mouse, the menu interface, and hotkeys to edit objects, frames, weapons, sounds, sprites, text, and pointers. The dialog boxes also let you to make any desired changes. HHE backs up your Heretic EXE file before any changes are made, and it's a fast and easy way to create game patches for Heretic

WADS

DOOM 1 -
- Castle of Evil
- Chambers of Death
- Eternity
- Final Gathering

DOOM II -
- Haunted
- Last Resort
- Solar Flare
- The Waterfront

stanleyopar2000 07-11-2012 10:34 PM

PC ARCADE

Aldo's Adventure
Astro (asteroids clone)
Leaper (Very good frogger clone)
Monuments on Mars Episode 1
Mines - Another addictive logic game. Avoid the mines. Has great features -- walls and magnetic walls.
Mummies (Robotron clone)
Astro
Baby (bouncing babies) (almost unplayable due to speed issues)
Duke Nukem II (the clean one lol)
Elevator
Mines
Pinball Games 1 - 11 Multiplayer Pinball games squeezed into one file that are just like the real thing. The only thing you can't do is tilt the computer (well you can tilt the computer, but it won't do you any good). Includes: Centerfielder, Cyclops, Flume, Magic, Master-Blaster, Mystery, Pinball, Rain, Razors, Twilight Zone, and Wizard.

stanleyopar2000 07-11-2012 10:37 PM

KIDS CORNER (edutainment)

A Guide to Macbeth
A Guide to Romeo and Juliet
Brandon's Lunchbox
Lunchbox
Math and Logic Games (6 games for kids 12 and up)
Questions (4 educational word games in one)
San Mateo (18 educational games)

stanleyopar2000 07-11-2012 10:39 PM

GAME CONSTRUCTION KIT

Amaze
Crypt-O-Search

Graphics Adventure Game Builder {Messed with this for a bit and tried to create a story..fun if you know what your doing :)

New Puzzle Factory - create word puzzles

The Maze Game - Design and Solve Mazes

MORE GAMES TO COME (well...a few more.) Sorry for the spammy postings..it's more organized though isn't it? ^_^

stanleyopar2000 09-12-2012 05:17 PM

Any feedback?.....no replies yet on the games I have

Smiling Spectre 10-12-2012 07:06 AM

*Disclaimer* It's my personal opinion, and it have nothing with site officials opinions. I am only translator.

Well, I think, Abandonia have too much games, and too little reviews and reviewers. So your game can be uploaded on FTP... where it will sit forever, if someone (maybe you) will not beef it with reviews and screenshots. :) Otherwise - thank you! :)

(For me personally there are some entries in your games that I would find interesting... if it wasn't non-registered shareware. I am not a big fan of games that I have no chance to aquire in full form. :)

marko river 10-12-2012 08:45 AM

Some of them are already on FTP, I will check which ones exactly.

Also, from the top of my head I can say that Sopwith is on site, most of Apogee shareware games (Paganitzu and Crystal Caves for example) are still being sold etc.

If it is a shareware game, then we won't accept it. Well, we will if it is full version and it has been released to public domain. Otherwise, perhaps it is for Reloaded.

If the game is free from the start, then it's also for Reloaded. There is some tiny chance to be added here if it is very old, however.

We also host only official releases. If some utility is made by fans, it is not our field.

If you have full versions of shareware games, it might be useful to preserve them by uploading either here or at Reloaded (or we will move it over). They won't be selling forever anyway (hopefully). I'll check. Are all these full versions of shareware games you're offering?

BonzaiThePenguin 18-12-2012 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko river (Post 447750)
most of Apogee shareware games (Paganitzu and Crystal Caves for example) are still being sold etc.

Oh wow, I had Paganitzu in my collection, but just bought this one and can confirm that it's exactly the same thing. Shame, shame, other abandonware site.

pzict 27-12-2012 02:30 PM

Aldo's Adventure! what a great game

stanleyopar2000 22-06-2014 03:00 PM

2 years later...

*Your status is now "married" (yup! it's true)

*you turn west*

*a thread bump has appeared in your way!*

anyway...all kidding aside...so no reviews are required anymore?..that means I can upload them FINALLY right? Sorry but I didn't have time to review them all years ago

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko river (Post 447750)
Some of them are already on FTP, I will check which ones exactly.

If you have full versions of shareware games, it might be useful to preserve them by uploading either here or at Reloaded (or we will move it over). They won't be selling forever anyway (hopefully). I'll check. Are all these full versions of shareware games you're offering?

I uploaded them to Kosta and The Fifth Horseman via FTP years ago and they should have them...if not think I have the ZIP that I gave to him

aanndd ehhh no. The shareware in the list in the OP is not the full version heh.

*looks at the OP and posts after that*

*facepalms* my god I was so. so. so...stupid. ._>

also..I noticed a lot of the download links have been pulled that I remember years ago I got from here but now they are being sold on steam or GOG. How times change

Japo 26-06-2014 08:15 AM

Well congratulations on the marriage thing! :-)

Indeed we don't really need reviews, but someone still has to take the time and work to publish the games onto the website.

We do need screenshots of each game. If these aren't contributed, as a last resort we could take them ourselves when we want to publish each game, but this can take a much much longer time to happen.

Smiling Spectre 26-06-2014 05:42 PM

Well, Japo, then publish games with screenshots initially? :)

I can make screenshots for DOS-games, if needed, without much hassle (of course, it will be only shots of the initial game stages... but who cares? :)

marko river 26-06-2014 05:43 PM

Well, I do... but I guess that's better than nothing.

stanleyopar2000 28-01-2019 09:38 PM

Super necro. Its Stan again. I actually got the gumption to potentially work on this project but now I can't find my original pc gaming mega pack shareware disk and i don't know if the original FTP credentials that were given to me still work.

Anybody could help a longtime member out that would be great I just finished moving and I'm pretty bummed that the disk is potentially gone

Smiling Spectre 29-01-2019 11:40 AM

I hardly can help you to find old disks. ;) What other help can I offer?

stanleyopar2000 29-01-2019 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre (Post 483305)
I hardly can help you to find old disks. ;) What other help can I offer?

Do you know if my zip file is still on the FTP server?

I found a couple external HDD's so I might have backed the CD files on one of them.

Smiling Spectre 30-01-2019 01:41 PM

If you had it in same "Stanleyopar" dir then no, I cannot see it. Sorry.

stanleyopar2000 06-02-2019 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre (Post 483309)
If you had it in same "Stanleyopar" dir then no, I cannot see it. Sorry.

Yeah it's not under that. I started my account when I was in middle school. I applied for a name change years ago. It could be under *sigh* "DA BOMB"

Smiling Spectre 08-02-2019 09:00 AM

Yes, I thought about it, but "Da Bomb" is missing too. :| Sorry again.

stanleyopar2000 28-08-2021 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanleyopar2000 (Post 483307)
Do you know if my zip file is still on the FTP server?

I found a couple external HDD's so I might have backed the CD files on one of them.

Trying one more necro bump in an attempt that someone has an FTP backup. Really bummed that I lost all that possible unarchived content.

I've updated my email so if anyone wants to PM me or reply here, I'll get it

Japo 29-08-2021 09:33 AM

What would be the name or the content of your file(s)?

Smiling Spectre 29-08-2021 10:01 PM

Hmm, thinking about it, there _is_ one "MegaCD" on FTP, filed by "Krizalid". But it's not exactly shareware - rather just opposite, according to readme: "More cleanups, more fixes...less shareware versions!!!"

Thinking somewhat more... if it's shareware, maybe you can remember the name of the disc? And I could seek for it. :)

The current time is 04:18 AM (GMT)