Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Aces Over Europe (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=476)

Tom Henrik 18-07-2004 06:28 PM

Aces Over Europe

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review

Danny252 23-07-2004 04:57 PM

How'd you drop bombs?!
and this will hopefully apply to AOTP aswell...

Canno 24-07-2004 07:11 AM

Umm..... I think I'ts the Backspace key but I'm not sure....
At least it is on my game :wink:

Danny252 24-07-2004 08:07 AM

cool...
die, fuhrer!

Tom Henrik 24-07-2004 06:19 PM

:oops:

hossa18 supplied us with the quick reference card for the game at the same time that he gave us the game. We had just forgot to place it up.

I will not try to make excuses... I just want to say that this has been fixed and that the quick reference card is now available for download.

Artiglio 21-12-2004 01:03 PM

I have a problem with AOE.
My computer has a Pentium3 with 128MB, Matrox 32MB video card, Win 98.
Started AOE by Boot disk, great.
Then I was shot at : when the plane is hit, image disappears for several seconds. Unplayable.
Tried the same game on DOSBOX and Win 2000, more powerful computer ; it works OK but too slow.

Can I do something to fix the "blackout" problem ?
By the way, Aces Over the Pacific works fine, but no sound...

Artiglio 26-12-2004 07:03 PM

Just for the record.
Tried boot disk on different computers, systems ranging from win 98 to 2000 to Millennium to XP : it is always the same as above : AOTP no sound, AOE goes black when plane is hit.
Tried old boot disc by Sierra in Win 98 ; doesn't work, no available memory.
A pity; AOE is full of add ons like Aces Over Russia, but there's no way to get it working.
Interestingly, when I go DOS via Boot Disk or DosBox my (normally Italian) keyboard changes...
This means I have to type Ascii ALT-58 to get " : "....
But on laptops Ascii doesn't work...

Sigh

chickend 30-12-2004 05:11 AM

the game is great! thanks guys.. i have no sound and malfunctioning mouse at first, but i used that install.exe and configured everything. everything works fine now. very difficult game to learn and master though. it boasts of realistic flight models but the stall is irritating. you must not get blackouts on STALLS, the aircraft should only nose down or dive (may it be power-on or power-off stalls), really irritating especially if you're already at the tail and about to shoot at an ace. blackouts are only acceptable i think if you're hit. on expert mode all bandits are sharpshooter they'll kill you in seconds and they're very difficult to shoot at.
AOE Overall rating: 8.4638734 of 10

Wazza 31-12-2004 03:49 PM

Took a few minutes, but I knew I'd read about the screen blackout problem before. There's an easy fix (this info from the readme):

Problem: Screen goes blank or becomes garbled when plane is hit by enemy
fire.
Solution: Some video cards cannot display the "screen shake" that occurs
when planes are hit by enemy fire. To fix the problem, change to the AOE
directory and type: SHAKEOFF. This will turn off the screen shaking
feature. SHAKEMED will allow a medium amount of screen shake and may
be an option for some video cards. SHAKEON will turn the screen shaking
back on.

So... give that a shot. :>

chickend 04-01-2005 05:51 AM

:cheers: thanks wazza, i used the shakeoff.bat file and it worked. how lazy, i didn't read the readme file coz i was excited of the game. thanks again.

The current time is 03:46 AM (GMT)