Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Blah, blah, blah... (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   "Spectrum Games" Avatar Theme Week (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=9661)

Frodo 01-04-2006 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sean+Apr 1 2006, 08:41 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sean @ Apr 1 2006, 08:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Frodo@Apr 1 2006, 08:32 PM
Once again, I voted for ... Spectrum Games.* :D
Why is that no suprise? :D [/b][/quote]
Cos Spectrum games are the best. :kosta:

Grinder 01-04-2006 09:43 PM

And once again, we're short of good themes.

Stebbi 01-04-2006 10:36 PM

Browsers

#BlakhOle# 01-04-2006 11:19 PM

Game Shows Game Shows Game Shows..

Blood-Pigggy 01-04-2006 11:42 PM

Gameshows man.
Bob Barker
BOB BARKER!

Don Andy 02-04-2006 12:22 AM

Damn, totally forgot to participate in the last theme :crazy:

Voted Spectrum.

gregor 02-04-2006 11:01 AM

Why does Firefly have a question mark written next to it?

Havell 02-04-2006 11:52 AM

Because I don't know what it is. And I did look on Wikipedia and found an obscure TV show, but that didn't aid my understanding.

EDIT @ Grinder, if you think there's a shortage of good themes, just suggest some. This goes to everyone else too, the Avatar Weeks rely on everyone suggesting themes.

gregor 02-04-2006 01:59 PM

Obscure?

Hmm... Well it's a very good tv SF series that was hit by so called Fox Curse. Yeah they canceled the show after first season, not ebcause it wasnt' popular, but because it wasn't popular enough.

Anyway fans bought DVD's, variour trinkets etc. This helped the creators to finance the movie called - Serenity (after the ship in the series). The series is about some outlaws in the future and has Chinese/Wildwest touch to it. It is both funny and intriguing.

Some fact from Wiki:

Quote:

--------
Fans (self-named Browncoats) attributed the low ratings in part to actions of the FOX Network — most notably the fact that FOX had aired the episodes out of chronological order, making the plot much more difficult to follow. For instance, the two-hour episode "Serenity" was intended to be the series' premiere episode, and therefore contained most of the character introductions and back-story. However, FOX decided that "Serenity" was not suitable to open the series, and so the second episode, "The Train Job", was rushed into production to become the episode aired. In addition, Firefly was promoted as an action-comedy rather than the more serious character study it was intended to be. Episodes were occasionally preempted for sporting events.

----------

Awards

* * * Emmy Award: Outstanding Special Visual Effects for a Series, 2003
* * * Visual Effects Society: Best visual effects in a television series, 2003 (episode "Serenity")
* * * Saturn Award: Cinescape Genre Face of the Future Award, Male, 2003 (Nathan Fillion)
* * * Saturn Award: Saturn Award for Best DVD Release (television), 2004

--------
By September of 2005, its DVD release had sold approximately 500,000[3] copies, and was one of the top movers at both Amazon.com and DeepDiscountDVD.com for months. As of March 2006, Firefly is still in Amazon.com's top 25 for DVD sales. This is notable, considering that the other 24 top sellers are no older than 2 months, while the Firefly box set has been out since 2003.

Shrek 02-04-2006 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Frodo@Apr 1 2006, 09:45 PM
Cos Spectrum games are the best. :kosta:
You have my support there, miss Baggins :ok:
Spectrum games "rulz" :bleh: (or used to rule :whistle: ) :D

The current time is 03:19 PM (GMT)