Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Gaming Zone (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Fallout 2 - OhGOD please help me (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=18856)

chainsoar 01-02-2009 03:12 PM

Fallout 2 - OhGOD please help me

So I've been playing Fallout 2 a lot recently, and I'm totally engrossed. Thing is, I've come across something that has rather dampened my excitement about the whole enterprise. This is bad. So I'd just like to ask, if anyone can answer -

HOW IN THE NAME OF GOD DO I GET RID OF THIS GODDAMN PARIAH DOG :crybaby:

hahajejeje 01-02-2009 03:17 PM

because you just did it.its a game

chainsoar 01-02-2009 03:35 PM

What?

Paco 01-02-2009 03:38 PM

@Chain ignore him. he just love to spamming.

why not try to let Dog die in a Fight or kill it yourself?

I thinks the Threads belong to FoN.

TheChosen 01-02-2009 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chainsoar (Post 351230)
So I've been playing Fallout 2 a lot recently, and I'm totally engrossed. Thing is, I've come across something that has rather dampened my excitement about the whole enterprise. This is bad. So I'd just like to ask, if anyone can answer -

HOW IN THE NAME OF GOD DO I GET RID OF THIS GODDAMN PARIAH DOG :crybaby:

Oooh. Pariah Dog is a bad case. Drops your luck to minimal.

Its a sticky problem. If you go against it with normal weapon, the changes are you'l get lots of critical failures. However, I suggest using explosives. If it keeps moving away from them, try planting some on him with stealing command.

chainsoar 04-02-2009 10:27 PM

Didn't think of that one, Chosen. I killed it finally by shooting it with the combat shotgun, end combat, save, and so on. Load in the case of a critical failure and retry. I used SO much ammo.

I got another question now. It's a pretty dumb one I think, I'm almost afraid to ask it, but what the hell. I've been reading some guides to character creation in FO2 and when I first make the character, there isn't enough stat points to do what the guide says. So..what's the deal? You can't level up stats to a huge extent in the game so what gives? For example -

Str- 6
Pe- 6
En- 4
Ch- 4
In- 10
Ag- 10
Lk- 7

That's one character build I saw suggested somewhere. Surely it's not possible..is it?

Blood-Pigggy 04-02-2009 11:28 PM

It's assuming you picked 'Gifted' as a trait which adds one to all stats but drops down the totals on all your skills and gives you less skill points each level.

Considering the retarded 300% max of skills in Fallout 2, that doesn't mean anything, so people typically pick 'Gifted' since the penalties are negligible as long as a character's intelligence is high enough to pad the lessened skill point total.

Paco 05-02-2009 10:30 AM

IN and AG mustnt set to 10. Even 9 for AG and 7-8 for IN would be enough so you can put the extrapoint to the other attribut. Because you can gain some point in game.

ST - can be increased 6x (1x Perk, 1x Surgery, 4x Armour)
PE - can be increased 2x (1x Perk, 1x Surgery)
EN - can be increased 1x (1x Perk)
CH - can be increased 3x (1x Perk, 1x Surgery 1x Shades)
IN - can be increased 3x (1x Perk, 1x Surgery 1x weird brain alignment)
AG - can be increased 1x (1x Perk)
LU - can be increased 1x (1x Perk, 2x either a weird brain alignment or 1x another weird brain alignment)

If you make it right you can almost maxed out your Character.

chainsoar 06-02-2009 12:53 PM

It's not that, even with Gifted the stats can't be that high, and even with the combat implants and the modules on the Brotherhood computer in San Fran I don't think it's possible to get them that high.

Blood-Pigggy 06-02-2009 08:07 PM

The only thing that you wouldn't be able to get on that setup is a Luck of 7.
Strength and Perception are at a default with Gifted in that setup, four extra points from pushing Charisma and Endurance down to four (which would boost up to six with Gifted and provide you twice the extra points). Use four on maxing Intelligence, four on maxing Agility, and the last point goes into Luck out of nine total from default stat points and those given by Gifted.

The current time is 11:52 AM (GMT)