Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Gaming Zone (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Best RPG universe (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=23935)

esgmaster 24-02-2010 06:51 AM

Best RPG universe

Which do you think is the best RPG series?

Note: The one who turns this into a discussion of what game's a RPG or not will be chased by 100000 ninja monkeys with duel Uzis with telfon rounds.

supa_mario 24-02-2010 07:06 AM

It was a tough choice between Fallout and Elder Scrolls, but fallout wins over for being so much more believable, as unrealistic as it is.

Also you could argue that Deus Ex is more of a shooter and might and magic is more of a Turn based strategy(Heroes) :p

hunvagy 24-02-2010 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supa_mario (Post 397814)
It was a tough choice between Fallout and Elder Scrolls, but fallout wins over for being so much more believable, as unrealistic as it is.

Also you could argue that Deus Ex is more of a shooter and might and magic is more of a Turn based strategy(Heroes) :p

Well Heroes is a spinoff, so it doesn't count, and spanning 9 pure RPG games does qualify as an RPG universe IMO :p

esgmaster 24-02-2010 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supa_mario (Post 397814)

I asked not to nitpick about the genres :rant:

*100000 monkey ninjas chase Supa_Mario*

That aside, most people complained about HoM&M IV was more of a RPG than strategy...

Frodo 24-02-2010 08:55 AM

Having played none of these games, I go by title alone.*

And in that case, The Elder Scrolls wins hands down. It makes me think of ancient wizards. :bleh:

*realises she will be ridiculed for this...

angry axe 24-02-2010 10:37 AM

i like Arcanum.....

_r.u.s.s. 24-02-2010 10:38 AM

deus ex is an "rpg" universe?

anyways, i voted for DnD
although, might and magic is my heart thingy too

Lulu_Jane 24-02-2010 10:55 AM

Darksun: Shattered Lands - because it was the game that showed me that not all rpg's are terrible.

Scatty 24-02-2010 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frodo (Post 397828)
It makes me think of ancient wizards. :bleh:

You certainly would encounter many of those in that games. Many not really alive but living. But I have to agree, the name has a certain appealing to it's ring.

For my part I find the Realm of Arcania, or as it's called in German Das Schwarze Auge to be the most appealing and believable world, not least through the many great, often dramatic and / or stunning pocketbook novels which shaped this fantasy world.

TheChosen 24-02-2010 12:04 PM

D&D is the grand-daddy of them all.

@LJ: Darksun is D&D

The current time is 11:58 PM (GMT)