Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Simon The Sorcerer (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=1689)

Kosta 11-12-2004 03:20 PM

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review & Buy Link

Stroggy 11-12-2004 03:21 PM

Damn you for getting my hopes up :(
My heart skipped a beat when I saw the small screenshot in the news section... then i read the announcement :cry:

Iron_Scarecrow 11-12-2004 03:37 PM

Same thing happened to me when I saw this thread. I been dying to play this game again since I have pretty much no memory of it except that I absolutly loved it.

*EDIT* Oh it looks so beautiful. I want now. :cry:

wendymaree 11-12-2004 03:47 PM

I played Simon The Sorcerer and the sequel ages ago and both were great fun.
Not abandoned YET? :ranting:

Infocom must have made millions out of these games.

Eagle of Fire 11-12-2004 05:44 PM

What's the point in putting a game which is not abadonware on the site if it's only to review it?

Really get the site quality down IMHO. Especially if it become a new trend.

Guest 11-12-2004 06:30 PM

*drools* I really want to play this game dammit, if only I could buy it somewhere that isn't online! :ranting:

Rogue 11-12-2004 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Eagle of Fire@Dec 11 2004, 12:44 PM
What's the point in putting a game which is not abadonware on the site if it's only to review it?

It is fine for me, as if is soo good game (as this one is) you might decide to buy it.

Kosta 11-12-2004 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Eagle of Fire@Dec 11 2004, 05:44 PM

Why should we not show and review true classics if they are still for sale? If someone REALLY wants it, he/she is always free to buy it, nothing wrong there. I don't see how it brings the quality down. Its not as if the game is impossible to obtain.

Guest 11-12-2004 11:03 PM

I'm lucky enough to have got myself a copy of this gem 5 or 6 years ago in a bargain basement for just a few dollars. It's the CD talkie version with Simon being voiced by Chris Barrie (of Red Dwarf fame) and is just fantastic. One of the best adventure games I've played :ok:

Guest 11-12-2004 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Eagle of Fire@Dec 11 2004, 05:44 PM

It's already down due to all the stupid freeware made in the past few years that gets posted here.

The current time is 09:37 AM (GMT)