Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Bush Buck - Global Treasure Hunter (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=11246)

guesst 02-08-2006 02:34 PM

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)

Nightkin 02-08-2006 06:55 PM

Yeah! :brain:
I remember me playing this game for hours with my dad. It was great fun! You learned a lot and you had to use your brain.
Will try it out now with a friend!

kanalradde 03-08-2006 08:08 PM

Funny "edutainment" stuff.

btw:
In the German version of Bush Buck the last opponent isn't a German but an American with a cowboy hat. :D

Nightkin 03-08-2006 09:39 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kanalradde @ Aug 3 2006, 08:08 PM) [snapback]246619[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Funny "edutainment" stuff.

btw:
In the German version of Bush Buck the last opponent isn't a German but an American with a cowboy hat. :D
[/b]
Außerdem kam der Franzose in der deutschen Version cooler :D

_r.u.s.s. 04-08-2006 01:51 PM

since it's educational game, it's probably meant for kids. then i think the game is missing some more, i dont know, fun? maybe few "arcade spoilers" would game the game better

Great game! 14-08-2006 08:54 PM

This game is great and it is certainly not for kids. Come on: Tell me where you can find the "Tree of Life" or the "hanbok". I do not really like the accent-prone language, although the remarks themselves are often quite funny, epecially when they don't understand the clues. Well, I try to consider it an honour that we, sorry, zat ve are obviously still the best-loved enemy. :)

Pierre is far too easy, Natasha is alright (although the "eye" is sometimes glowing at empty places) and Otto is the hardest opponent, mainly because he steals items ("let me releave you from the heavy burden"), because many planes are flown by relatives of him (thus not reaching the destination) and because you have to remember all the given hints. I would really like to know how the "AI" of Otto is working. Independently of the clues that is for sure.

Lieben Gruß

good idea oh lord 17-08-2006 06:53 PM

Did I write 'great game'?
Well, it still is. But I would advice anybody mainly to play against Natasha. Playing against Pierre or Otto is simply ridiculous. Pierre is just stupid and the 'thermometer' spoils the fun, while the random thunderstorms and flight-redirections while playing against Otto make it a mere dice game and rather nerve-racking. The difficulty of the quests seems to be the same with all three opponents, though, so it is not easier to play against Natasha, just less annoying.

good idea oh lord

kanalradde 21-08-2006 05:26 PM

Also annoying: In the hardest difficulty both players get too few tickets. Both (the cheating opponent aswell as the player) quickly ran out of tickets in several test games.

good idea oh lord 22-08-2006 10:31 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kanalradde @ Aug 21 2006, 05:26 PM) [snapback]250000[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Also annoying: In the hardest difficulty both players get too few tickets. Both (the cheating opponent aswell as the player) quickly ran out of tickets in several test games.
[/b]
True. Actually they should have left out the whole ticket thing, so that you could concentrate more on collecting the souvenirs. I also would have wished for more realistic travel options, like intercontinental flights between big cities and none between north and south korea, f.e.

Nevertheless I like the idea of the game very much. The best game of this kind, however, is or was imho Globetrotter 2.

Guest 22-08-2006 10:41 AM

About the lack of tickets... If you collect all the artifacts you'll get a free ride back tot he starting point, so you only need enough tickets to collect all the cargo - you'll get more tickets after that.

It would be useful though if you could see every conection in advanced, so you could plan your route more carefully, not to come to a city near the destination you want to be at, only to discover you need to go half way across the continent again.

The current time is 12:42 AM (GMT)