Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Gaming Zone (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Free Games on Gog.com (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=46159)

twillight 23-12-2021 01:38 PM

I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream

I dunno how good or bad this game is.
I know the story-background: only 2 superpower remained, both developed their own AI to fight their war, the two AI met, merged, and ended up in the paradoxical state of the obligation of extrermination, and the obligation to make humans win. This resulted in an eternal war, where the AI won, but because of its core program kept the war going on by torturing the remaining humans.
The event of the short story (and the game) is, the selected few humans escape, and try to commit suicide. The result is, only a single human remained. The option of complaint is even taken away - hence the title, "I have no mouth, and I must scream".

Definitely not for the faint of heart, not for those looking for action, or even a win. Avoid if you feel depression.

I have no idea why this game is on giveaway on X-mass.

twillight 27-12-2021 01:27 PM

X-Morph: Defense Complete Edition

This is some crappy tower-defense game which eats waaay too much memory for its own good, and you could play these for absolutely free when flashgames were still around.
No wonder they killed Flash, it was good for the poor people.

twillight 03-01-2022 05:36 PM

Iratus: Lord of the Dead

This is a Darkest Dungeon clone, with possibly no madness-effect which just overcpmlicates things.
Instead this is a roguelike which offers you no unlimited battles, so it kills the tension anyway.

Seriously, if you did a wrong decision at the start, you won't be able to finish the game!
Who likes that?!?

kemo 22-01-2022 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twillight (Post 486377)
This is some crappy tower-defense game which eats waaay too much memory for its own good, and you could play these for absolutely free when flashgames were still around.
No wonder they killed Flash, it was good for the poor people.

Flash was put to rest largely because of all of the security flaws inherent with it (quite serious ones, too).

DrWho42 23-01-2022 05:59 AM

i might play space quest i sometime soon?

twillight 25-01-2022 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kemo (Post 486393)
Flash was put to rest largely because of all of the security flaws inherent with it (quite serious ones, too).

Yeah. Sure. "Because of security reasons." It is for your own good, they said. Someone please thinnk about the children, they said.

twillight 03-04-2022 09:25 AM

Hm, someone deleted my post?

The Fifth Horseman 04-04-2022 06:10 AM

No, the entire state of the forum and website was rolled back by about two weeks. This was an (unsuccessful) attempt to get rid of the spam popups that someone injected into the main site.

kemo 10-04-2022 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twillight (Post 486395)
Yeah. Sure. "Because of security reasons." It is for your own good, they said. Someone please thinnk about the children, they said.

Indeed it is... similar to a website that might not be secure and inadvertently allows attackers to push malicious popups to its visitors.

twillight 16-04-2022 08:13 AM

Iris and the Giant

Quote:

Originally Posted by kemo (Post 486429)
Indeed it is... similar to a website that might not be secure and inadvertently allows attackers to push malicious popups to its visitors.

Except, it is BS. Simply the free casual gaming without microtransaction was too successful, and had to be broken.

-------------

Otherwise: title. Like for 28 more hours. Here is some depression for you to celebrate, said GoG again.

The current time is 10:11 PM (GMT)