Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Old Suggestions (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   Abandonia's current status and future: Questions and Answers (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=18509)

Data 10-01-2009 08:53 PM

please stop speculating. it might lead to incorrect assumptions

Guderheinz 10-01-2009 09:18 PM

I'm not speculating (the "closing down scenario" was a bit of a joke, actually), I'm just asking a question. That's still allowed, right? ;)

The Fifth Horseman 11-01-2009 01:09 PM

Quote:

If Kosta didn't think of anointing someone with his previous privileges, than what exactly was his proposition? Closing the site?
There was no proposition.
In other words, he didn't consider the full consequences of his prolonged absence before, and as such did not see any need to give the access permissions to another person besides himself.
Simple enough?

Robsie 11-01-2009 01:36 PM

I have no idea whatever is going in the background of Abandonia, but from what i read on this thread, the original admin that just deserted the place without a word or care and none really correctly replacing him with full access , the non updates, etc... what is happening begin to sounds the same with what happened to HOTU.

I just hope Abandonia will not end like HOTU did, it was such a great site before the bizarre drama of the last years, having it ending in nothingness like HOTU had been since 2006 would be a shame.

Mighty Midget 11-01-2009 01:41 PM

I no longer worry about the will to keep AB going :) There has been a lot of work being done lately and more is being done as I type this. There are problems that need to be solved, but I believe there is enough will around here to have those problem solved the best way possible.

The Fifth Horseman 11-01-2009 03:24 PM

Quote:

I have no idea whatever is going in the background of Abandonia, but from what i read on this thread, the original admin that just deserted the place without a word or care and none really correctly replacing him with full access , the non updates, etc... what is happening begin to sounds the same with what happened to HOTU.
Not quite. There are two things we don't have.
1. Access to contents of the main server (the one hosting the site and the forum).
2. Direct access to site and forum databases.
Lack of these abilities simply prevents us from resolving certain issues with the site and the forum (of course, we're trying to work around them whenever possible).
Basically, Abandonia can continue in its current state.

Romano 11-01-2009 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman (Post 348081)
Not quite. There are two things we don't have.
1. Access to contents of the main server (the one hosting the site and the forum).
Lack of these abilities simply prevents us from resolving certain issues with the site and the forum (of course, we're trying to work around them whenever possible).
Basically, Abandonia can continue in its current state.

Not quite. There are three things you don't have.
1. Access to contents of the main server
3. Drupal programming knowledge.

Luchsen 11-01-2009 05:44 PM

Wrong, the third one is time.

The Fifth Horseman 11-01-2009 06:45 PM

We can either learn it ourselves or find someone who already has the neccesary skill set. As such, it's a non-factor.

Geezer 11-01-2009 06:52 PM

I have been out of the loop lately so don't shoot me for asking but from a contributors point of view I have to ask the question .. How do we know that Abandonia is not going to simply disappear one day and not come back? Sounds like no one has a clue about Studentis and whatever level of commitment they have. Writing reviews and creating screen shots does take time and effort and I would like to feel confident that the effort is not going to be wasted.

I don't have as much time these days but if the bugs are getting worked out I have a lot I can contribute.

The current time is 06:29 PM (GMT)