Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Old Suggestions (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   Abandonia's current status and future: Questions and Answers (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=18509)

_r.u.s.s. 03-01-2009 10:11 PM

what?

servers are paid for 4 years

and we did know that kosta is away but know we konw he's not comming back

PoopyHorseboy 03-01-2009 10:34 PM

[Removed by Titan]

AlumiuN 04-01-2009 03:04 AM

Well, I'm glad some things have cleared up. On the programming side, I can find a book on and learn whatever language the site is programmed in (PHP?). That is, assuming that I'm allowed to. :D

The Coop 04-01-2009 03:26 AM

Wow... I stay away from the forums for a while, and it seems all Hell broke loose. Bannings, admins vanishing, in-fighting amongst site team members... all we need is a girl who can't decide who to marry, and we'd have a soap opera fit for TV.

Anyway, I'm not a programmer. But I can offer some graphics help if it's needed/wanted.

Dave 04-01-2009 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle of Fire (Post 346833)
Is it new that we still don't have full power to do with the site as we please? I'd hope that David have some answers to us since he just revealed himself as the "nominee", but so far from what he said I'd have to say: No.

I, too, would like to have answers instead of speculation. That would be a lot of time saved instead of wasted.

Don't look at me as a savior, I was promoted months ago because I was able to help and fix few things, I'm not a candidate to substitute Kosta or other admins.
I'm a student that is trying to improve this place during free time.
Site's controls are like a maze, I simply said that we can do more than we expected. As you may have noticed yesterday we have found a huge security problem related to Pms, if we are lucky the old (but new ;)) forum Pm system will be back.

Japo 04-01-2009 12:05 PM

There should be no problem with getting back the forum PMs in a short time, I think we can tell at least that much to the people who haven't been tuned to the Shoutbox.

The site PMs, which where the only ones available since the downgrade, must remain disabled at least until the site can be fixed, because in short they're even more borked than the average site feature.

The only problem why forum PMs aren't enabled yet is some mixup, but Data is making a script to fix it, and actually I for one wouldn't see anything wrong in just purging all PMs, they have been already inaccessible for a long time now. I'm not saying everybody will agree. Anyway I think Data said it's doable and will be done shortly?

EDIT: According to Data the PMs are indeed going to be purged. But it's still script work because of lack of full direct access. :notrust:

sgtboat 10-01-2009 05:34 PM

Dont get it

If the infamous Kosta is not going to return , I dont understand why he cant give all the info to someone that does have time to care fr this great site. In my experience its a simple matter to allow unlimited access. You just have to have the right codes and info, which Kosta should still have. I have quite a bit of experience with computers and would be glad tp offer any assistance that I can to improve this site. BUT it seems to my old self that the first step is to have a clear chain of command. We must have a leader that can do anything that needs to be done to the site. If the problem is that this kosta dude doesnt want to give anyone else the power, then we must find a way to get it. We must have someone in charge. That would have prevented all this asinine crapola that has been occuring here recently. Any soldier will tell you that without a clear command group soldiers die. I dont want Abandonia to die. Here is an old Army expression for yall to think about.
If you are in charge, Take charge.:ghostrider:

Luchsen 10-01-2009 05:54 PM

:weird: If you are soldiers, someone will die.

The Fifth Horseman 10-01-2009 08:05 PM

Quote:

If the infamous Kosta is not going to return , I dont understand why he cant give all the info to someone that does have time to care fr this great site. In my experience its a simple matter to allow unlimited access. You just have to have the right codes and info, which Kosta should still have.
Correct, but Kosta was barely reachable for last year. What you are proposing is being discussed, however.

Quote:

I have quite a bit of experience with computers and would be glad tp offer any assistance that I can to improve this site. BUT it seems to my old self that the first step is to have a clear chain of command. We must have a leader that can do anything that needs to be done to the site.
Chain of command, indeed. However, a bit different than how you imagine it.

When you rely on a single person to do something important or posess certain skills or knowledge that are neccesary to proceed, it's all fine as long as that person can be relied on to be available. When they can't be relied upon to do so anymore - or worse, suddenly and unexpectedly vanish for good - there is nobody who can replace them.

And that's one thing we'll have to do our best to prevent from happening.

Quote:

If the problem is that this kosta dude doesnt want to give anyone else the power, then we must find a way to get it.
The problem is not that he doesn't want to give it to anyone but that it hasn't occurred to him as an option before.

Guderheinz 10-01-2009 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman (Post 348008)
The problem is not that he doesn't want to give it to anyone but that it hasn't occurred to him as an option before.

Err... maybe it's due to my young age, but I don't quite understand this statement. If Kosta didn't think of anointing someone with his previous privileges, than what exactly was his proposition? Closing the site?

The current time is 04:08 AM (GMT)