Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Forum Games (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   UFO: Abandonia Unknown: The Resurrection (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=18273)

Tervez 28-11-2008 08:29 PM

UFO: Abandonia Unknown: The Resurrection

Most of you are familiar of the game Ufo: Enemy Unknown. And some of you might even remember SupSuper's topic Ufo: Abandonia Unknown, or the more recent Abandonia Apocalypse: Strikes Back! by Fifth Horseman.
As Fifth Horseman has succumbed to his sickness called "real life" (:p), I've decided to run a game of my own, only with the older game.

Proloque:

In AD 2101, war was beginning-

No, wait, that's the wrong script.
Ahem.

It is the beginning of the year 1998. In the past year, a contact was made with alien life... and it wasn't a nice one. They have been abducting cattle, and while there are no confirmed reports, the rumor is that they're doing it to people too...

While the aliens have not made an outright attack, there's little use denying their existence. The sighting of an UFO is not a daily thing, but reports are saying that approximately 36 % of the population of USA have positively witnessed an UFO at least once.

The countries of the world united, and decided to form a group to study and repel this menace.
The group's name is X-Com.
And you're in it.

So the premise of this game is that I'm playing UFO: Enemy Unknown, with the soldiers being named after you forumgoers. I'll post screenshots and reports of the battles your characters go through. Naturally, you are free to roleplay your character as you wish in the meantime. So how do I sign up? Just post the following information in this topic:

Name
Character's specialization (Is he a heavy weapons dude, medic etc.? )

The game will start when we have at least 8 applicants. I'll try to update the game at least once a week.

laiocfar 28-11-2008 10:57 PM

Dog tag: Laiofcar
Battle role: sniper, grenade thrower

ianfreddie07 28-11-2008 11:17 PM

Name: ianfreddie07
Role: Assault Trooper (medium weapons like rifles, or a heavy plasma :p)

Panthro 28-11-2008 11:57 PM

Name: Panthro
Backstory of character: Scientist looking to study alien physiology, from the chunks that are left, anyway...
Character's specialization: rifleman/psi-ops

AlumiuN 29-11-2008 07:11 AM

Name: AlumiuN (funnily enough... :p)
Specialization: Explosives and small weapons
Background: An experimental cyborg developed by an offshoot of X-COM similar to the cancelled Enforcer project that was originally handled by several small military research companies. :borg:

Paco 29-11-2008 01:59 PM

Name: Paco
Role: Allrounder

Dave 29-11-2008 02:22 PM

Name: David86
Character's specialization: Explosives / Artillery :mischief:

Capo 29-11-2008 04:04 PM

cut and paste

Quote:

Capo
Male Human

The one that run aroud screaming with a medikit in the hands.

Tervez 30-11-2008 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panthro (Post 343324)
Name: Panthro
Backstory of character: Scientist looking to study alien physiology, from the chunks that are left, anyway...
Character's specialization: rifleman/psi-ops

It will take a long time before we get any psi-abilities, but when we get them, you'll get to be the first in line.

1 more soldier needed. Come on girls, this is really near of being an all-male squad!

Panthro 30-11-2008 07:35 PM

Can I just say "yay!" to being first in line!

I wonder what the male:female ratio is on abandonia anyways? I suspect the female of the species may be underepresented.

The current time is 11:42 AM (GMT)