Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Blah, blah, blah... (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Benefits Obtained from my Weight Loss (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=46242)

Mystvan 10-11-2018 02:10 PM

Benefits Obtained from my Weight Loss

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystvan (Post 482980)

I feel great after losing more than 14 kg after a more balanced, nutritious and healthy diet in conjunction with aerobic physical activities such as fast walking and running. :roll: :dance:

I think perhaps my weight reduction has slowed down after I have intensified the time of my races. Muscle gain? Who knows? :dunno:

Aerobic activities, for those who have no physical restrictions, have only shown positive results such as improving sleep, improving mood, more relaxation, improved mental concentration, improved digestion, more satiety in food, etc. :OK:

Like every good thing, it would be prudent to avoid excesses or extremes, that is, neither lacking nor excessive, but in balance and patience (perseverance)... :zen:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystvan (Post 482983)

It may be that during physical activity of walking and / or running, you do not lose weight as you expected. Never be discouraged, :no: because there are explanations for this! :OK:

01) You are gaining muscle mass. And that is really nice! Have perseverance and patience, for surely the results will come sooner or later! :OK:
02) You may need to restrict consumption of pasta, meat and fat.

Although I lost more than 14 kg, I estimate that my muscle gain was about 3 kg. That is, maybe I have lost the weight between 14 kg and 17 kg!

Fortunately, I am already within the rankings of being a thin person and I plan to lose over 7 kg just to get me away from being an overweight person.

Benefits Obtained from my Weight Loss:

As I had explained in previous posts, I began to lose weight by eliminating sugar, reducing meat consumption (avoiding meats that are industrialized!) and exercising regularly.

My intention here would not be to be a fanatic about healthy living, but to share my experiences, both good and bad, on this journey to have a better quality and healthier lifestyle.

I’ve lost more than 17.0 kg since I started exercising regularly. The key would be jogging and running so that weight loss occurs more quickly and effectively. As I already have a silhouette (or thin build now), I intend to lose another 4.0 kg as my goal.

I jog for about 1 km (<10 minutes) and then I run between 14 to 15 km for 90 minutes. I even jest that I am running more than a professional football (soccer) player during football (soccer) matches.

Before beginning the physical activities of the day, have a healthy breakfast so that there are energies for that task.

As I said earlier, when running, I was gaining lean mass or muscle, so I stayed about 03 weeks without losing weight over the course of the 03-month journey.

This was pretty disheartening at first, but I gradually lost weight. It is necessary to have patience and objectivity in the execution of physical exercises.

I estimate that I should have gained a muscle between 3 to 5 kg, so that although I have lost gross weight of over 17.0 kg, my actual weight loss would be between 20.0 to 22.0 kg.

When I had an almost obese silhouette, the extra weight pressed my spine, knees and feet. Not to mention that I was always panting and with little breathing capacity.

To be honest, this would be the third time I run to lose weight. In the next posts, I will list the benefits of weight loss and also the harms of overdoing the running.

If anyone wants to share their own experiences, feel free to share them here. :OK:

Mystvan 10-11-2018 02:14 PM

The Benefits I Notice after the Elimination of Sugar (in my third time)

The Benefits I Notice after the Elimination of Sugar (in my third time):

01) I stopped salivating a lot;
02) I stopped having digestive fermentation of the food ingested;
03) I have less nasal discharge in the morning;
04) Prevents cavities and gum pains;
05) Prevents unnecessary weight gain;
06) Faster and easier weight loss;
07) Increased resistance of the immune system;
08) Other effects I ignore by not being a doctor, but certainly no one benefits by consuming industrialized refined sugar.

If you want to be healthier, consume moderately sugarcane molasses or honey, as both have minerals and other nutrients that refined refined sugar is lacking. And who is saying this would be someone who really liked sweets and was a real human ant or ant-man!

I would also avoid excessive consumption of meats, even lean meats. I am prioritizing egg proteins and those of vegetable origin. And if necessary, I also ingest the vitamin B12 that plant proteins lack.

And consume the pasta also in a moderate way so that there is no weight gain.

Mystvan 10-11-2018 02:16 PM

The Benefits I’ve noticed from Regular Exercise

The Benefits I’ve noticed from Regular Exercise:

01) I feel more relaxed;
02) Improves disposition;
03) Improved self-esteem;
04) More self-confidence;
05) Better mental concentration;
06) Less fatigue and drowsiness during the day;
07) Better breath and respiratory capacity;
08) Improves the indexes of laboratory tests (glucose, cholesterol, triglycerides, uric acid, TGO, TGP, hepatic steatosis, blood pressure, etc.);
09) Increased resistance of the immune system;
10) Get out of your comfort zone.

Mystvan 10-11-2018 02:20 PM

Wrongfulness that I noticed in case I overdo it in Physical Exercises

Wrongfulness that I noticed in case I overdo it in Physical Exercises (the first time I ran):

01) Swelling in the ankles;
02) Swelling in the shins;
03) Strong pains in the knees after climbing several times the stairs of my building;
04) Muscle pains in the back of the leg;
05) Pains on the heels;
06) Toes pain;
07) Wounds in the region near the upper thighs by prolonged contact of the clothing with the skin.

Mystvan 10-11-2018 02:24 PM

My advice

My advice:

01) Have a healthy breakfast before starting physical activities;
02) Do stretching before beginning physical activities;
03) Wear proper and good quality sneakers;
04) Run in a relaxed way, so that the feet and legs become relaxed, as running causes a high impact on the lower limbs;
05) Respect physical limits;
06) Avoid climbing stairs over several floors unless absolutely necessary;
07) Avoid running a long route without being accustomed to this distance and time.

So the ideal would be to start running after getting used to that distance and gaining muscle. Then gradually increase the distance to be traveled as long as you respect the physical limits of the person. It is necessary to have patience and objectivity in the execution of physical exercises.

Mystvan 10-11-2018 06:40 PM

Relevant remarks!

Relevant remarks!

I forgot to mention a few things:

01) I am already over 40 years old. They say that after 40 years, it would be harder to lose weight even with exercise due to the lower metabolism of the body. But here I am, even after 40, with weight loss done! :OK:

02) And I am advising my acquaintances, as they have noticed my remarkable weight loss, and some of them are following some advice like diet with less sugar and meat and / or more exercise. I am happy to share my successes and mistakes so people can avoid making the same mistakes I’ve made in the past. He who warns you is a true friend! :OK:

03) With physical exercises, more relaxation and less stress, the person may be less likely to consume junk foods. Thus, after reaching the goal of the ideal weight for each person, this person can afford to eat junk food from time to time, with well seasoned meats, etc.

04) On the 1st and 2nd times I went running in the past, I did daily physical exercises which caused exhaustion of the body. Now, I am more moderate in this regard and I run races 5 times a week. And it is working, because on Wednesday, midweek, and Saturday, over the weekend, I practically sleep ( about 02 hours!) to get back from physical tiredness. This does not invalidate what I said about you being less tired during the day, with better mental concentration and more disposition;

05) I’ve had the experience of running the previous 2 times. So maybe it was easier for me to regain my old physical shape and to run regularly. I do not know if the same could be applied to those who have always walked and / or never ran regularly. I repeat: Respect the physical limits of the body! Super heroes with super powers only exist in the world of fiction (shhh! Shounen style!)!

06) I would not be willing to lose weight just for vanity and narcissist in the Johnny Bravo style. Far from it! With my almost obese silhouette came along with results of laboratory tests not very encouraging. Maybe that is the incentive for you to think seriously about losing weight. For this will be more difficult as the years go by, because the metabolic activity of the body will be less intense and certainly the weight loss will be more difficult. Sooner rather than late!

Mystvan 11-11-2018 03:40 PM

Other Relevant Remarks!

Other relevant remarks!

I forgot to mention that since 2008 until now, I lost weight 4 times, 3 times being weight loss via regular running while the other time (penultimate time) was through consuming very little carbohydrate.

This would be an alternative for those who are not willing to practice regular physical exercises. If you consume little carbohydrate, you will feel very hungry from the beginning of the night until you sleep. If you can withstand this affliction, little by little, you will begin to lose weight.

I remember that I consumed only 50 g of whole-grain biscuit per day (preferably whole-grain carbohydrate so there are no blood glucose spikes, very frequent case for refined carbohydrate!). This would be especially recommended for those with very high glucose levels.

However, I do not recommend this method of losing weight simply by going hungry (it requires a lot of perseverance and patience) besides not enjoying the benefits of regular physical exercises (less fatigue, more mental concentration, more relaxation, muscle mass strengthening, etc.)!

I would also avoid these energy drinks (Gatorade, Red Bull, etc.), highly caloric, during physical activity if your goal is to lose weight. Those drinks, which professional athletes consume, are to replenish lost energies and maintain weight, I believe.

Rogue 12-11-2018 07:48 PM

You can notice that audience @ abandonia is more mature when halth issue topics are posted... :palm: :perv:

Mystvan 12-11-2018 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogue (Post 483098)
You can notice that audience @ abandonia is more mature when halth issue topics are posted... :palm: :perv:

Yes I agree. :umm:

Perhaps because as we get older, health problems begin to appear, unfortunately some health problems are even irreversible. :sick:

I believe that health is a gift (unfortunately except for those who have been born with health problems :sad:), a privilege that we possess and must keep to the letter so that we will not regret later when it is too late.

I had uric acid levels (which can result in renal calculi), TGO, TGP, and hepatic steatosis (which may result in cirrhosis) due to weight gain. But, now, I believe that everything must be within the normal parameters since I lost kilos and kilos of pure fat... :tease:

In fact, I know wealthy people who, even if they had all the fortune of this world, would not be able to restore their health fully before they got sick. It’s better to be safe than sorry... :OK:

And a way to prevent you from relapsing (I had three relapses given the serious family problems), would be to maintain anxiety (craving for sweet foods), stress (craving to consume food even without feeling hungry) and worries within the normal parameters so that the appetite is not exacerbated. A good Psychology professional could alleviate these harmful effects of anxiety and stress. :OK:

Mystvan 12-11-2018 08:30 PM

Foot Blisters!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystvan (Post 483089)

My advice:

01) Have a healthy breakfast before starting physical activities;
02) Do stretching before beginning physical activities;
03) Wear proper and good quality sneakers;
04) Run in a relaxed way, so that the feet and legs become relaxed, as running causes a high impact on the lower limbs;
05) Respect physical limits;
06) Avoid climbing stairs over several floors unless absolutely necessary;
07) Avoid running a long route without being accustomed to this distance and time.

So the ideal would be to start running after getting used to that distance and gaining muscle. Then gradually increase the distance to be traveled as long as you respect the physical limits of the person. It is necessary to have patience and objectivity in the execution of physical exercises.

One thing I forgot to mention would be that during physical exercise blisters could arise on the sole of the foot, primarily in the region of the toes. I remember that even with these annoyances, I persisted until the blisters were gone.

As I currently do not have this type of problem anymore, I remember that these foot blisters can arise if you exceed your physical limit of the moment. Wait until you get used to this level of physical activity intensity and gradually increasing without causing discomfort due to blisters and muscle pain. :OK:

Mystvan 12-11-2018 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystvan (Post 483094)

Other relevant remarks!

I forgot to mention that since 2008 until now, I lost weight 4 times, 3 times being weight loss via regular running while the other time (penultimate time) was through consuming very little carbohydrate.

This would be an alternative for those who are not willing to practice regular physical exercises. If you consume little carbohydrate, you will feel very hungry from the beginning of the night until you sleep. If you can withstand this affliction, little by little, you will begin to lose weight.

I remember that I consumed only 50 g of whole-grain biscuit per day (preferably whole-grain carbohydrate so there are no blood glucose spikes, very frequent case for refined carbohydrate!). This would be especially recommended for those with very high glucose levels.

However, I do not recommend this method of losing weight simply by going hungry (it requires a lot of perseverance and patience) besides not enjoying the benefits of regular physical exercises (less fatigue, more mental concentration, more relaxation, muscle mass strengthening, etc.)!

I would also avoid these energy drinks (Gatorade, Red Bull, etc.), highly caloric, during physical activity if your goal is to lose weight. Those drinks, which professional athletes consume, are to replenish lost energies and maintain weight, I believe.

I forgot to mention that I did not practice this torture of modern times every day of the week. :tease: :wacko:

I endured it months after months because during the weekends it was the time of plenty of food inside the stomach. Alleluia! :clap:

I consumed without restraint and without remorse on Saturdays and Sundays and later became a Buddhist Monk :zen:, Indian Fakir :tease: or the like on other days of the week. Alleluia! :clap:

After all, no one is Iron Man / Woman and even an Iron Will could give up some day if there is not at least a little truce. :giveup: We can pat our belly a little, right? :OK: :sneakrete: :hihihi:

Mystvan 01-12-2018 01:54 PM

Continuing my narrative of the long journey towards weight loss... *Phew* *Whew*

I lost over 21.0 kg including gaining muscle mass. My BMI is <23 at the moment and I intend to get to weight with BMI 22 when I lose only another 2 kg. Alleluia! :clap:

However, if I disregard the gain of muscle mass (my silhouette is quite thin *Phew* *Whew*), my BMI could be almost 21 or <21 after losing another 2 kg... *Phew* *Whew* XD

In the past, I did not know the subject of the body getting used to, reducing metabolism and being harder to lose weight. Now, I am varying my physical activities: :roll: :dance:

01) Running at 10 km / h for 90 minutes on a 15 km course (high impact on the knees, heels, shins and ankles);
02) Jogging at 8 km / h for 120 minutes on a 16 km course (jogging causes less impact on the knees and heels);
03) Indoor Cycling / Spinning at 39 km / h ~ 40 km / h for 120 minutes (the problem is the seat being hard and causing discomfort over time :sick:).

And her are my stimulus and challenge: it is never too late to start a physical activity. The most important and difficult thing is to take the first and step out of the comfort zone. Oh, also maintain perseverance, patience and optimism! :OK: :2thumbs:

I always like these expressions, very true and wise:

01) Sooner rather than late!
02) He who warns you is a true friend!

Finally my long journey of weight reduction is coming to an end and I intend to now maintain my weight after losing another 2 kg. And I will go back to eating meat and junk food only on weekends... :drool: :hungry:

Mystvan 01-12-2018 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystvan (Post 483151)

Continuing my narrative of the long journey towards weight loss... *Phew* *Whew*

I lost over 21.0 kg including gaining muscle mass. My BMI is <23 at the moment and I intend to get to weight with BMI 22 when I lose only another 2 kg. Alleluia! :clap:

However, if I disregard the gain of muscle mass (my silhouette is quite thin *Phew* *Whew*), my BMI could be almost 21 or <21 after losing another 2 kg... *Phew* *Whew* XD

In the past, I did not know the subject of the body getting used to, reducing metabolism and being harder to lose weight. Now, I am varying my physical activities: :roll: :dance:

01) Running at 10 km / h for 90 minutes on a 15 km course (high impact on the knees, heels, shins and ankles);
02) Jogging at 8 km / h for 120 minutes on a 16 km course (jogging causes less impact on the knees and heels);
03) Indoor Cycling / Spinning at 39 km / h ~ 40 km / h for 120 minutes (the problem is the seat being hard and causing discomfort over time :sick:).

And her are my stimulus and challenge: it is never too late to start a physical activity. The most important and difficult thing is to take the first and step out of the comfort zone. Oh, also maintain perseverance, patience and optimism! :OK: :2thumbs:

I always like these expressions, very true and wise:

01) Sooner rather than late!
02) He who warns you is a true friend!

Finally my long journey of weight reduction is coming to an end and I intend to now maintain my weight after losing another 2 kg. And I will go back to eating meat and junk food only on weekends... :drool: :hungry:

Probably my last post on this matter...

One good, encouraging and useful thing I forgot to mention:

It is possible to divide the total time of physical exercises into intervals so that you can rest, wash your sweaty hands, drink liquid to rehydrate yourself. :OK:

I, for example, depending on the ambient temperature, do exercises for 30 to 45 minutes and then rest within 5 minutes.

On very hot days, I have to rehydrate myself in order to avoid headaches. In the past, I used to run around in the middle of the night (dawn) and early mornings so that the low temperatures (14 °C - 18 °C) avoided excessive fluid loss from the body and, consequently, headaches.

Mystvan 04-12-2018 03:56 PM

Rectifying some incorrect information

Rectifying some incorrect information:

1) Running at 10 km / h for 90 minutes on a 15 km course (high impact on the knees, heels, shins and ankles) and Jogging at 8 km / h for 10 minutes on a 1.33 km course using Exercise Treadmill;
02) Jogging at 8 km / h for 120 minutes on a 16 km course (jogging causes less impact on the knees and heels) using Exercise Treadmill;
03) Indoor Cycling / Spinning at 38 km / h ~ 42 km / h for 120 minutes (the problem is the seat being hard and causing discomfort over time) using Stationary Bicycle.

On very hot days, I exercise for 15 minutes and then I rest and wash my hands.

I forgot to mention that unlike the past when I was outdoors, I now decided to practice physical activities at the Condominium Gym where I live.

So, I do not have to worry about Rain (Brazil is a record holder in Lightning Strikes!), Run over, etc.

Practicing physical activity alone at the Condo Gym can be somewhat lonely and boring, but as I watch TV with the air conditioning turned on and I rest at regular intervals until it does not get as tedious as I hoped it would be.

And another thing I took into consideration is that I do not consider physical exercises as a burden or obligation, but with pleasure and optimism to improve health and also as a therapy. So time does not go so slowly.

The important thing is to change the mentality or posture:

Do not say “Ugh! Damn it! There is still 60 minutes left to complete the daily physical exercises!”

Say, “That is good, I am losing weight and I am grateful that I am able to do physical activities without pain.” “Good thing I am improving my health!” “Good thing I am strengthening my body muscles by now!” “Just 60 minutes for me to finish my physical activities for the day!”

In short, feel optimism, gratitude and perseverance! The attitude and behavior changes the situation completely! :OK:

Mystvan 04-12-2018 04:16 PM

Natural Therapy / Natural Remedy

Well, I believe I said all that was necessary to be said. I do not think there is any more need for me to post information on this thread... :dunno:

However, I will again highlight some important and positive aspects that I have learned from all of this:

01) Physical activities are a kind of Therapy and Remedy;
02) Physical activities are natural Anti-depressant;
03) Physical activities are natural Anxiolytic;
04) Physical activities are natural Anti-stress;
05) Physical activities save on drug costs without undesirable Adverse Effects;
06) Physical activities help decrease the going to Doctors and thus reducing costs with Medical Appointments;
07) Physical activities improve Rationalization and Mental Concentration through the creation of more Brain Neurons;
08) Physical activities improve Sleep without Medication;
09) Physical activities improve Self-confidence;
10) Physical activities improve Self-esteem;
11) Etc.

Obviously, there are people who unfortunately suffer from Mental Disorders (Stress, Anxiety, Depression and other Diseases of modern life!) that require the use of drugs on an ongoing basis. However, Physical Activities can help reduce drug use by the benefits I mentioned above. :OK:

Mystvan 05-12-2018 08:00 PM

Last(?) Relevant remarks!

I had mentioned in previous posts in this thread that Running and Spinning might cause some problems.

For the sake of clarity, I will quote texts from Wikipedia on this subject:

Quote:

Chafing

Another common, running-related injury is chafing, caused by repetitive rubbing of one piece of skin against another, or against an article of clothing. One common location for chafe to occur is the runner's upper thighs. The skin feels coarse and develops a rash-like look. A variety of deodorants and special anti-chafing creams are available to treat such problems. Chafe is also likely to occur on the nipple. There are a variety of home remedies that runners use to deal with chafing while running such as band-aids and using grease to reduce friction. Prevention is key which is why form fitting clothes are important.

Quote:

Crotch pressure

Though riding an upright bicycle improves the cardiovascular system and can therefore actually improve the erectile function among men, riding a bicycle for prolonged periods of time with an unhealthy cycling technique can still cause problems for both men and women due to a reduced blood flow in the crotch area. Some male riders – recent survey data indicates around 5%[27] – may ultimately get erectile dysfunction problems if a poor cycling technique is used with prolonged pressure on the perineum. Both men and women may also get reduced sensitivity in the crotch. A sign of these problems can sometimes be a tingling sensation in the area when stepping off the bicycle after a ride, as blood flow surges back into the area again. This issue is more related to the cycling technique than the saddle type, although there are special, more anatomically correct, designs to relieve crotch pressure as well. Examples of such designs include the cutaway saddles and noseless saddles. Cutaway saddles resemble regular saddles in their design, but with the middle part cut out to reduce pressure on the perineum among men. Noseless saddles are basically two separate saddles next to each other, with one smaller “saddle” per buttock. Such saddles achieve a similar relief of pressure by using a different design.

Some useful techniques to reduce crotch pressure while cycling include:

• Ensuring the saddle is roughly horizontally aligned, or only slightly nose up. Having overly upwards nose alignment will directly increase the perineum pressure, while a downwards alignment will reduce the sit bone support of the pelvis, again resulting in an increased perineum pressure.
• Standing up occasionally, such as on hills and when accelerating.
• Adjusting seating position from time to time. For example, sitting closer to the rear when cycling on hills and only sitting on the nose for brief periods.
• Sitting up now and then without leaning forward as much.

To alleviate or solve these mentioned problems, I have acquired some products that may be the solution:

01) Padded Bike Seat Cover / Padded Bike Saddle Cover (unfortunately, there is no product compatible with the Stationary Bicycle / Exercise Bicycle Saddle);
02) Padded Cycling Shorts / Padded Bike Shorts (it is an excellent product that solves the problem of discomfort in remaining seated to pedal the Exercise Bike for so long). I also try to interrupt the Physical Exercise to rest and also constantly try to adjusting seating position from time to time;
03) Compression Running Shorts (it is an excellent product that avoids chafing caused by repetitive friction)...

Mystvan 17-12-2018 09:24 PM

Interesting tips to eliminate the sweat odor of clothes while washing clothes in the Washing Machine:

• Try washing the clothes in the Washer using White Vinegar with Alcohol to eliminate post-wash odors due to sweating. I tested it and this method worked for me; :OK:
• Some people also suggest using Sodium Bicarbonate to eliminate the odor of sweat on clothing;
• Other people have suggested the mixed use of Sodium Bicarbonate and White Vinegar during the washing of clothes. I will try this method, but I am sure it will work too! :OK:

Mystvan 17-12-2018 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystvan (Post 483168)

I had mentioned in previous posts in this thread that Running and Spinning might cause some problems.

For the sake of clarity, I will quote texts from Wikipedia on this subject:

Quote:

Chafing

Another common, running-related injury is chafing, caused by repetitive rubbing of one piece of skin against another, or against an article of clothing. One common location for chafe to occur is the runner's upper thighs. The skin feels coarse and develops a rash-like look. A variety of deodorants and special anti-chafing creams are available to treat such problems. Chafe is also likely to occur on the nipple. There are a variety of home remedies that runners use to deal with chafing while running such as band-aids and using grease to reduce friction. Prevention is key which is why form fitting clothes are important.

Quote:

Crotch pressure

Though riding an upright bicycle improves the cardiovascular system and can therefore actually improve the erectile function among men, riding a bicycle for prolonged periods of time with an unhealthy cycling technique can still cause problems for both men and women due to a reduced blood flow in the crotch area. Some male riders – recent survey data indicates around 5%[27] – may ultimately get erectile dysfunction problems if a poor cycling technique is used with prolonged pressure on the perineum. Both men and women may also get reduced sensitivity in the crotch. A sign of these problems can sometimes be a tingling sensation in the area when stepping off the bicycle after a ride, as blood flow surges back into the area again. This issue is more related to the cycling technique than the saddle type, although there are special, more anatomically correct, designs to relieve crotch pressure as well. Examples of such designs include the cutaway saddles and noseless saddles. Cutaway saddles resemble regular saddles in their design, but with the middle part cut out to reduce pressure on the perineum among men. Noseless saddles are basically two separate saddles next to each other, with one smaller “saddle” per buttock. Such saddles achieve a similar relief of pressure by using a different design.

Some useful techniques to reduce crotch pressure while cycling include:

• Ensuring the saddle is roughly horizontally aligned, or only slightly nose up. Having overly upwards nose alignment will directly increase the perineum pressure, while a downwards alignment will reduce the sit bone support of the pelvis, again resulting in an increased perineum pressure.
• Standing up occasionally, such as on hills and when accelerating.
• Adjusting seating position from time to time. For example, sitting closer to the rear when cycling on hills and only sitting on the nose for brief periods.
• Sitting up now and then without leaning forward as much.

To alleviate or solve these mentioned problems, I have acquired some products that may be the solution:

01) Padded Bike Seat Cover / Padded Bike Saddle Cover (unfortunately, there is no product compatible with the Stationary Bicycle / Exercise Bicycle Saddle);
02) Padded Cycling Shorts / Padded Bike Shorts (it is an excellent product that solves the problem of discomfort in remaining seated to pedal the Exercise Bike for so long). I also try to interrupt the Physical Exercise to rest and also constantly try to adjusting seating position from time to time;
03) Compression Running Shorts (it is an excellent product that avoids chafing caused by repetitive friction)...

Try to handwash the Compression Running Shorts and Padded Cycling Shorts using Neutral Liquid Detergent.

I read complaints in English in the product Announcement on Decathlon mentioning that the product was unsewed or ripped after some time of use. :headslap:

Other consumers mentioned that they washed these products (using Laundry Bags? :dunno:) in the Washing Machine... :omg: :o

We know that those products are very special, very specific use and require care in cleaning and maintenance.

And they are expensive products. It would be needless to mention that taking care of them saves money. Not to mention that the hand washing of the products is very fast, practical.

And getting them to be washed in laundries such as DRYCLEAN USA and 5ŕsec Textile expert would be a waste of money in my opinion... :dunno:

Mystvan 17-12-2018 09:48 PM

It may seem strange and eccentric, but I prefer to be pragmatic than to try to remedy it later. Better safe than sorry!

I am exercising (running and jogging) using the Ventilator to prevent certain unpleasant facts:

• Excessive sweating;
• Sweat soaked Sneakers;
• Headache from dehydration due to excessive sweating.

Mystvan 20-12-2018 09:20 PM

:warning: Just to make it clear:

The sweat odor of sportswear is due to being drenched with sweat and stored in the Clothes Basket before the weekly laundry. And not the odor because of the armpit or something... :sick:

Quote:

By the way, I do not even have smell of armpit since:

• I am very thin;
• I eat healthy food;
• I have no addictions;
• I feed occasionally from junk food... Munch! Munch! Slurp! Burp!

And another thing: I bring the Personal Ventilator (Fan) even though there is Air Conditioner, because being Mini-split System Air Conditioner, it can not evenly cool the whole room environment. :headslap: :palm:

So, as I sweat a lot during physical activities (Brazil is very hot!), the use of the Fan is imperative. I wish the Air Conditioner in the Condo Gym (Fitness Club) was of the type Central (Ducted) Air Conditioning... :(

You can say I am not a fan of the Fanny Fan, but fan of that awesome Cool Fan aka Central (Ducted) Air Conditioning (:cold:)... :OK:

Mystvan 23-12-2018 08:16 PM

Compression Running Shorts and Padded Cycling Shorts can absorb sweat very well during physical activity. :OK:

However, if you exercise physically for a long period of time / long distance, even they have sweat absorption limit.

So to avoid excessive sweating, the use of fan and air conditioning during the hot summer period would be very welcome (and necessary)! :OK:

Another detail: I do not need to nap / rest in my spare moments due to the fatigue of physical activities. Fortunately, I have already passed this stage and now I have more time available for other more fruitful activities. XD

Mystvan 28-12-2018 04:20 PM

I am very satisfied with the use of the fan during physical activities.

I forgot how headache is resulting from dehydration and stuffy air... :sick: Ugh! Headache never again! :hello:

I can also exercise for longer, decreasing the amount of rest intervals and saving time! :OK: Time is Money! $$$$$

The fan also makes me more willing and less tired by reducing sweat during physical activities! :OK:

As I sweat less, I also save the amount of water consumed for rehydration! $$$$$

It would be a win-win situation! :2thumbs:

Mystvan 31-12-2018 05:50 PM

The best Christmas gift I got was the result of the laboratory tests performed shortly after Christmas. :OK: The year 2018 ended with a flourish (at least for me!). :clap:

I say again:

Quote:

• Those who warn are friends!
• Sooner than later!
• Better to be safe than sorry!

Well, the year 2018 is ending. It is just a chapter in my / your life, now it is time to turn the page and move forward. And start writing a new story whose author is I / you next year 2019. Establish new goals, face and overcome new challenges, etc. Make the difference in year 2019! :OK: :2thumbs:

So, I wish you all a Happy New Year! :OK:

Mystvan 06-01-2019 08:56 PM

To avoid (and completely replace) Sugar, I usually use Sucralose and / or Stevia.

Sucralose has a more pleasant taste than Stevia, which tends to have a certain bitter taste... Products with Stevia will taste a bit bitter... :no:

Unfortunately, I have already consumed Diet Desserts in which restaurants use alternative Dietary Sweeteners whose taste was far below their sugary counterparts... :headslap: :palm:

And use moderately Honey and Sugar Cane Molasses, as they both have many vitamins and minerals, but they are highly caloric! However, I would avoid consuming Glucose-Fructose Syrup... It is a big no-no for me... :no:

Unfortunately again, living a life without Sugar is more difficult since Dietary Products are often more expensive and less abundant than Sugary Products. :sick:

Well, at least in Brazil, where products are often overly Sweet and / or Salty, Healthy (Whole Grains), Dietary and Light Products should be a Priority Public Health issue and should be subsidized by governments.

Thus, they would avoid Obesity, Diabetes, High Blood Pressure and other related Diseases. And they would avoid excessive spending on totally avoidable Health Treatments with these simple measures... But, we know that there are many hidden and powerful interests on the part of Industries (not just Food Industries)... :suspicious: :dislike: :sucks:

After all, Sugar and Salt can vitiate and disguise the poor taste of food. With less Sugar and Salt in food, certainly the Taste and Aroma should be preponderant and primordial! Is creativity lacking in this case? :dunno:

Mystvan 30-01-2019 06:58 PM

Unfortunately, Diet Products have a laxative effect when consumed after a certain amount. :headslap: :palm:

One way of solving or mitigating this very inconvenient problem would be to consume substantial Non Diet Products first and then consume Diet Products later in the same meal.

I believe that Food Industries should warn Consumers of the “Adverse Effects” of Diet Products just to have Transparency, Clarity of Information.

Mystvan 31-01-2019 03:32 PM

I am not sure if that would be my guess, but since I started practicing Aerobic Exercise regularly, the skin irritations are practically gone. Coincidence? :mhh: Well, I knew that by sweating because of Physical Exercises and / or Sauna, there would supposedly be elimination of skin impurities... :dunno:

I also started to increase the intensity, variation (or diversification) and duration of Aerobic Physical Exercises gradually so that now I lost another 5.0 kg beyond what I had originally planned. I am super thin now... :tease:

Mystvan 10-04-2019 06:24 PM

Ugh! :sick: I am recovering from a common cold, perhaps due to the influenza vaccine I took last week. :dunno:

To tell you the truth, the symptoms of the cold are much weaker and more “tolerable”. Despite this, I get fatigued, lack of appetite and drowsiness. :yawn: :sleep:

Even so, I believe it is worthwhile to vaccinate only to lessen the possibility of complications from common colds and flu. :OK:

Mystvan 10-04-2019 06:26 PM

After I lost weight, I tested which junk foods would make me fatter. I have come to some surprising conclusions that some may disagree with:

• Foods that contain a lot of animal protein (fried meat, fried beef, cheese) very greasy: Pizzas, Burgers, Hot-Dogs and Beirutes (Sandwich type);

• Sweet Breads, Cookies, Snacks, Yogurts (Flan), Ice Creams, Milkshakes, Cakes, Donuts, Fried Pastries, Esfihas, Self-serving Food, fattening less than Hamburger Meat, Fried Chicken Sausage, Filet of Fried Breaded Chicken.

Curiously, the Pasta fattening less than meat... You will see that the Fried Food (Meat) triple the caloric value... Not to mention that the Sausages, even from White Meat, contain many Despised and less Noble parts... :nosepick: :eww:

Mystvan 11-04-2019 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystvan (Post 483511)

Ugh! :sick: I am recovering from a common cold, perhaps due to the influenza vaccine I took last week. :dunno:

To tell you the truth, the symptoms of the cold are much weaker and more “tolerable”. Despite this, I get fatigued, lack of appetite and drowsiness. :yawn: :sleep:

Even so, I believe it is worthwhile to vaccinate only to lessen the possibility of complications from common colds and flu. :OK:

Ugh! Climate Change certainly affects the Immune System. :sick: On the same day, there are many temperature variations that afflict us even though I reside at a location supposedly in the border region between Tropical and Subtropical (Temperate) Climates. :flame: :cold:

Well, this is certainly the result of our human actions with irreversible consequences... :headslap:

Mystvan 11-04-2019 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystvan (Post 483512)

After I lost weight, I tested which junk foods would make me fatter. I have come to some surprising conclusions that some may disagree with:

• Foods that contain a lot of animal protein (fried meat, fried beef, cheese) very greasy: Pizzas, Burgers, Hot-Dogs and Beirutes (Sandwich type);

• Sweet Breads, Cookies, Snacks, Yogurts (Flan), Ice Creams, Milkshakes, Cakes, Donuts, Fried Pastries, Esfihas, Self-serving Food, fattening less than Hamburger Meat, Fried Chicken Sausage, Filet of Fried Breaded Chicken.

Curiously, the Pasta fattening less than meat... You will see that the Fried Food (Meat) triple the caloric value... Not to mention that the Sausages, even from White Meat, contain many Despised and less Noble parts... :nosepick: :eww:

I do not drink.

I know Beverages, Soft drinks make a person fat, but since I do not drink such drinks, I could not test how much a person can gain weight.

Ugh! I forgot to mention that Chocolate Bonbons also make a person fat because they are highly caloric. Fortunately, I do not like them anymore... Burp!

Do not worry! :OK: OK, I have not yet fully recovered my weight from my “gastronomic experiences”, but only 0.9 kg is missing for the full recovery. Even so, my BMI is close to 20. :D

Mystvan 17-06-2019 11:58 PM

Losing Fitness!

Ugh! I needed to get my Aerobic Exercise Equipments since there is no Pre-emptive and Periodic Maintenance of them in my Condominium. :sick: :lame: Unfortunately, this is a bad habit that prevails in order to cut “unnecessary” Expenses. However, this is foolishness and recklessness, for cheap becomes always expensive! Ugh... You get what you pay for! :sick:

I interrupted my Physical Exercise routine for a few weeks to await the arrival of such Aerobic Exercise Equipments (manufactured by Speedo, a brand of quality by the way! :2thumbs:).) and I was able to obtain some pertinent informations:

Quote:

• It is easier for you to lose your Fitness than to keep it! :sick: :headslap: :palm:
• It takes a few weeks for you to get reacquainted with the Physical Exercise (regain your previous Fitness)! :wall: :hairpull: I needed to be patient and gradually and fortunately, I was able to recover my Fitness and also my Weight (BMI of 20). *phew* *whew*
• I avoided using the Elliptical Trainer (causing headache and vertigo), but I came to appreciate it. I use alternately the Elliptical Trainer with the Exercise Treadmill. And I stopped using the Stationary Bicycle since using the Elliptical Trainer burns calories almost as much as using the Exercise Treadmill. OTOH, using the Stationary Bicycle burns only 60% of Exercise Treadmill.

Mystvan 18-06-2019 12:06 AM

My Suggestion

A suggestion from my Physical Exercise routine 5 times a week:

Quote:

• Jogging for 15 minutes and Walking / Running for 5 minutes - 20 Minute Interval. Depending on your Physical condition, you can practice “n” 20 Minute Intervals per day;
• Use the Elliptical Trainer striding in a Reverse Motion for 15 minutes and striding in a Forward Motion for 5 minutes (or using Stationary Bicycle for 5 minutes) - 20 Minute Interval. Depending on your Physical condition, you practice “n” 20 Minute Intervals per day;
• Running for 15 minutes and Walking / Jogging for 5 minutes - 20 Minute Interval. Depending on your Physical condition, you can practice “n” 20 Minute Intervals per day;
• Use the Elliptical Trainer striding in a Forward Motion for 15 minutes and striding in a Reverse Motion for 5 minutes (or using Stationary Bicycle for 5 minutes) - 20 Minute Interval. Depending on your Physical condition, you practice “n” 20 Minute Intervals per day;
• Running for 15 minutes and Walking / Jogging for 5 minutes - 20 Minute Interval. Depending on your Physical condition, you can practice “n” 20 Minute Intervals per day.

Mystvan 18-06-2019 12:12 AM

Elliptical Trainer

I realize that Exercising Physically using the Elliptical Trainer tires muscles more than the Exercise Treadmill! :yawn: :zzz: Why? I do not know, but I have some assumptions :idea: :dunno::

Quote:

• Using the Elliptical Trainer and / or Stationary Bicycle needs your muscles to move the pedals. The “Motor” of the Elliptical and / or Stationary Bicycle are the Human Muscles. In other words, the Speed of Motion of the Aerobic Exercise Equipments (Elliptical Trainer and / or Stationary Bicycle) are determined by the effort from the Human Muscles :whops: :ouch:;
• On the other hand, although you perspire more when using the Exercise Treadmill, there is the Electric Motor that drives the Exercise Treadmill. You just keep up with the Speed provided by the Motor of the Exercise Treadmill. :mighty: :smugulon: :roll:

Mystvan 12-07-2019 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystvan (Post 483751)

A suggestion from my Physical Exercise routine 5 times a week:

Quote:

• Jogging for 15 minutes and Walking / Running for 5 minutes - 20 Minute Interval. Depending on your Physical condition, you can practice “n” 20 Minute Intervals per day;
• Use the Elliptical Trainer striding in a Reverse Motion for 15 minutes and striding in a Forward Motion for 5 minutes (or using Stationary Bicycle for 5 minutes) - 20 Minute Interval. Depending on your Physical condition, you practice “n” 20 Minute Intervals per day;
• Running for 15 minutes and Walking / Jogging for 5 minutes - 20 Minute Interval. Depending on your Physical condition, you can practice “n” 20 Minute Intervals per day;
• Use the Elliptical Trainer striding in a Forward Motion for 15 minutes and striding in a Reverse Motion for 5 minutes (or using Stationary Bicycle for 5 minutes) - 20 Minute Interval. Depending on your Physical condition, you practice “n” 20 Minute Intervals per day;
• Running for 15 minutes and Walking / Jogging for 5 minutes - 20 Minute Interval. Depending on your Physical condition, you can practice “n” 20 Minute Intervals per day.

I suggested that way so that there is more body metabolism and consequently more caloric burn and weight loss faster and more efficiently. :OK:

And you can also “rest” while walking for 05 minutes! :2thumbs:

EDIT:

It is certainly a Win-Win situation! :2thumbs: After all, I managed to lose more weight even with this method (BMI 19! :clap:) and avoiding meat consumption (eating only light cheese) and eating less carbohydrate.

Mystvan 12-07-2019 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystvan (Post 483752)

I realize that Exercising Physically using the Elliptical Trainer tires muscles more than the Exercise Treadmill! :yawn: :zzz: Why? I do not know, but I have some assumptions :idea: :dunno::

Quote:

• Using the Elliptical Trainer and / or Stationary Bicycle needs your muscles to move the pedals. The “Motor” of the Elliptical and / or Stationary Bicycle are the Human Muscles. In other words, the Speed of Motion of the Aerobic Exercise Equipments (Elliptical Trainer and / or Stationary Bicycle) are determined by the effort from the Human Muscles :whops: :ouch:;
• On the other hand, although you perspire more when using the Exercise Treadmill, there is the Electric Motor that drives the Exercise Treadmill. You just keep up with the Speed provided by the Motor of the Exercise Treadmill. :mighty: :smugulon: :roll:

The use of Exercise Treadmill can cause a breathless for beginners, but on the other hand, the use of the Elliptical Trainer can cause muscle fatigue although there is less sweat and no breathless. :OK:

Caution, patience and planning are needed. Fortunately, I have overcome these initial difficulties. :)

kunleben 17-04-2020 02:14 PM

Weight loss

You can't loose weight with just exercise along, you really need to also watch what you eat...

MuzzyF8 17-04-2020 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kunleben (Post 484824)
You can't loose weight with just exercise along, you really need to also watch what you eat...

Not true.
I eat what I want and all I want.
Just I need to run longer distance to keep weight. :smile2:

EricaR 05-08-2020 10:02 AM

I drastically lose my weight and reduce my waist size 32 to 30 after reducing eating chicken and food with chicken. Also, I stopped having my heavy dinner converting it to bowl of fruits.

Mystvan 28-11-2020 04:06 PM

One thing that I realized is very important and I mentioned in previous posts: you must exercise physically totally relaxed. :roll:

From my experience, analysis and deduction, it seems that when I exercise when I am tense, I tend to have muscle pain. Ugh! :sick:

Thus, there is fatigue due to excessive physical exercises, in addition to muscle pain due to intensity and also muscle tension. Be careful! :warning:

Another thing: I was wrong to say that it would be better to consume pasta than protein. :headslap: :picard: According to an acquaintance of mine, who is a Doctor, protein satiates for a longer time while pasta (sugar), in addition to getting fatter, satiates for less time. My apologies! :kosta:

Mystvan 28-11-2020 04:32 PM

Muscle Tension

Because of the Coronavirus Pandemic, there has been a lot of impact on our daily lives in ways that may have affected us psychologically. :sick:

This is very natural, and can cause Depression, Discouragement, Tension and other Health Problems in the face of Adverse Economic and Public Health situations due to Coronavirus.

One way I found to try to relax in these situations is a Method that I realized and improved. :idea:

I do not know if this Method is used in the area of ​​Psychology and Psychiatry, but... Whatever... :dunno: :what:

To see if I am Tense, I have listed several Parameters for measuring the Degree of Muscle Tension:

Quote:

01) The first and main Parameter is our Facial Muscles. You notice if you are tense when your Face is “frown”. And I feel like it takes about a few hours to relax the Facial Muscles; :warning:
02) Our Shoulders. I try to relax and feel the Pressure on my Head practically “disappear”. It is surprising!
03) The Back of our Hands. You feel the difference in Muscle Relaxation. The sensation feels like (lesser Degree of) “Salonpas” on skin;
04) Our Backbone. You feel the difference in Muscle Relaxation;
05) Our Legs, especially in the Region behind the Knees. The sensation feels like (lesser Degree of) “Salonpas” on skin;;
06) Our Ankles. The sensation feels like (lesser Degree of) “Salonpas” on skin;
07) The Back of our Feet and Toes. When you are standing, you can see if you are Tense when you exert Strength in Walking and Stepping. The sensation feels like (lesser Degree of) “Salonpas” on skin.

Quote:

Another thing that can complement Muscle Relaxation would be to maintain Positive Thoughts and support each other. :sad:

miratonald 13-03-2023 12:53 PM

Absolutely agree with the point that you must exercise physically and be totally relaxed. That's why I prefer yoga to other fitness activities.

indiajetfer 13-03-2023 01:36 PM

Thanks for sharing your experience with weight loss and exercise. It's great to hear about the benefits you've noticed, such as having more energy and time for other activities. I agree that it's important to exercise in a relaxed state to avoid muscle pain and tension. It's also helpful to know about the satiation benefits of protein compared to pasta. I've been considering starting a weight loss journey, and your insights are helpful.At the moment, I am keeping my eye on Weight Loss Bethlehem PA. Have you tried anything like that? Your feedback might be helpful to me.

The current time is 11:28 AM (GMT)