Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Millennium - Return To Earth (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=11294)

Romano 08-08-2006 10:02 PM

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)

Nightkin 08-08-2006 10:31 PM

Another awesome game here on Abandonia!
Played about 8 years ago on my Amiga. Very exciting game. You can only it once in a few years, because its more like an adventure. There is a straight storyline, and you wont find any new in replaying the game. You have always have to play the same way to finish the game.
But I dont want to write another review here ;)

Just try it. You will not be disappointed!

Mighty Midget 09-08-2006 01:54 AM

I know I wouldn't be. An old Amiga pal for me too :) Now I only need more free HDD space... But by all means, try it out you guys and gals.

MasterGrazzt 09-08-2006 04:17 AM

While this game is slightly disappointing, it's sequel, Deuteros - The Next Millenium is incredibly great. It's actually on Home of the Underdogs, but it was mainly on Atari ST (I think there was also an Amiga version), so you'll have to get an emulator (I recommend Steem)

Nightkin 09-08-2006 07:16 AM

Millenium has a sequel? :blink:
I have to try it out!

on WinUAE :ok:

Luaan 09-08-2006 07:17 AM

Yeah, I liked this one and Deuteros as well... This game is really enjoyable, but Deuteros is just great (if you don't count in that annoying 10 second messages whenever you are starting to build a space station. Thanks to AtariST, as it has accelerated mode, so you just press F12 and message transfer finished :ok: ). On the other side, this game has no "events" like random disasters or so (well, at least I didn't find any) and I also didn't quite like the thing, that you can only manufacture on one base. I always was the kind of guy that colonized even the most barren planets and moons to get bases as self-sufficient as possible. Another score point for Deuteros. But, this certainly is a very good game and you have to look over the few flaws the game has

lgonggr 09-08-2006 09:33 AM

I loved this game on the Amiga. Unfortunately, the resolution and colours on the PC version are ghastly.
Notes :
You start by mining the asteroid for minerals you lack on the moon. Probe everything, including the moon. Don't forget to build a bunker and store a power generator in it. At a certain moment in the game you will be attack by an overwhelming force which will destroy almost everyhing. If you do not have a power generator in storage in the bunker, you will be crippled afterwards.

Danny252 09-08-2006 10:29 AM

Good LORD. This was something I dl/ed off HOTU.. YEARS ago... Like.. first days of my Abw life..

I never did work out how to play :]

WolverineDK 09-08-2006 12:11 PM

aaaah I remember the game on Amiga too, and my friends always called their first probe my real name, just to tease me, and then the first probe gets lost. And then you know what the message is :) LOL :)

Guest 09-08-2006 12:36 PM

One of the BEST games ever made, deutros was far far better though... yet it never got released on the pc :\

The current time is 06:51 AM (GMT)