Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Shadow President (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=6392)

Sebatianos 04-10-2005 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Guest@Oct 4 2005, 01:55 PM
How can someone make almost certain victory against enemy armies?i send more than a million troops in Iraq and launched dosens of surgical strikes but i am loosing twice the number of troops they do.Whats wrong especially since the leader eff. is less than 10% whilst mine more than 90%?
Hmm... maybe the game is more realistic then one might have thought... :bleh:

Sorry - I had to make that comment :ot:

Guest 04-10-2005 08:57 PM

If it were realistic, the US would crush iraq very easily...

Danny252 04-10-2005 09:48 PM

Uh, look at Iraq now... The Americans, after (insert length of Iraq war here) they're still losing men. I wonder how long it'll be before the Iraqis will take over the American bases there and invade America...

Guest 05-10-2005 09:00 AM

Can someone please try to answer seriously about the wars and how to win if anybody knows of cource.

Guest 05-10-2005 04:41 PM

Yeah, is there an actual ending to this game? Or is it just election after election until you get bored, get locked out, or fail to get reelected?

Guest 08-10-2005 07:15 PM

Well I now own Canada, Mexico, the Middle East, Japan, Brazil, Western Europe, and the USSR

What's left to do? Will the game end if the US reaches a certain level of influence?

BTW interesting fact... by hitting an enemy from multiple countries, their morale plunges more rapidly, and your own troops are more effective. The downside is there is way more economic damage as well.

Still, it's a good way to deal with large, annoying countries like China and India that are not worth owning.

Pedafiliac9000 09-10-2005 11:50 AM

This runs fine in XP for me, I just click the executable and I'm off.

Does anyone know of any similar games that are available for download?

What games would you recommend for someone that likes this game?

:apple:

Borodin 09-10-2005 12:28 PM

For someone that likes Shadow President? Well, there's always SuperPower 2, but it's awkwardly designed and pretty buggy. It's also not for download. There's also an early DOS-based game called something like Conflict in the Middle East, which involves diplomacy; but I found it pretty boring. And there's always CyberJudas for download, which was a successor to Shadow President. Problem is, it's really just a frame (and not a very good frame, frankly) to place around SP.

PEDO 09-10-2005 01:55 PM

Thanks

This game would be great if you didn't have to be the U.S. :wall:

I was actually looking at reviews for SuperPower 2 when I found out about Shadow President.. when I searched that in google, I found this site and downloaded it :ok:

I think I'm going to go buy SP 2, but I don't know if I'll be able to run it because I downloaded the demo and when I try to play it I get a "failed to render init" message, which I think is because I'm using a generic video card driver (I'm on a laptop and I can't figure out what my video card is so I can get the right driver).

Guest_John 20-10-2005 05:25 PM

How do you start DOSBox?

The current time is 01:22 AM (GMT)