Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Lost Mind of Dr. Brain, The (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=26215)

GTX2GvO 30-11-2010 11:12 AM

Lost Mind of Dr. Brain, The

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)

mike100demia 01-12-2010 01:31 PM

yet another windows game on abandonia

DarthHelmet86 01-12-2010 02:17 PM

Nothing wrong with that, there is nowhere it says this is a Dos only site. We deal with games that have been Abandoned...this is one of them.

superjenn 05-01-2011 11:43 AM

Yay! Thanks very much! I have always wanted to play this game (there was a lengthy write-up in a 1995 issue of InterAction Magazine).

missdre 21-07-2012 08:43 PM

Boo :( The file is corrupted

I've downloaded it, but there is an error in the file and when it's unzipped, there is no SETUP file. Anyone who can fix this?

I would appreciate is, cause I really want to play this :D

meghan 25-10-2012 01:33 PM

Lost cause?

My problem is once I run it on DosBox, it says I need Windows to use the game. I have Windows, but can't use this file because I have 64 bit OS. Having a feeling I'm stuck here.

I have downloaded other ISOs of this and can't use those either because DAEMON Tools can't run in less than 64 bit on my OS.

Oh, Dr. Brain, why you gotta be so complicated?

The Fifth Horseman 25-10-2012 03:29 PM

Try using Windows 3.1 in DOSBox.

nlgleason 17-07-2013 03:48 PM

No video displayed

I've downloaded Virtual XP as instructed, but the video will not display when I run this game in my Windows XP Mode. I checked in the Sierra On-Line Setup Help under Video and got the following message: "Unable to Display Proper Graphics Resolution/Colors - The Sierra Setup routine has determined that this computer system does not have the correct Windows Video driver installed to operate this Sierra game title. For optimum display performance, the majority of Sierra titles require an SVGA-256 color Windows driver that is specifically created for your video card by your video card manufacturer." Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks!

arete 17-07-2013 04:05 PM

Can we not Shanghai QBix or bring Commander Data Back From The Dead to fix this blinkinge Thinge??

:borg:

[Dosraider if we absolutely have to :p]

The Fifth Horseman 17-07-2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nlgleason (Post 454720)
I've downloaded Virtual XP as instructed, but the video will not display when I run this game in my Windows XP Mode. I checked in the Sierra On-Line Setup Help under Video and got the following message: "Unable to Display Proper Graphics Resolution/Colors - The Sierra Setup routine has determined that this computer system does not have the correct Windows Video driver installed to operate this Sierra game title. For optimum display performance, the majority of Sierra titles require an SVGA-256 color Windows driver that is specifically created for your video card by your video card manufacturer." Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks!

Right click the executable, Properties -> Compatibility. Should have an option to run in 256 color mode somewhere in there.

The current time is 03:12 PM (GMT)