Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Offers (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   munuainen (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=21251)

munuainen 17-08-2009 01:38 AM

munuainen

I've got all the original material for Worlds of Legend: Son of the Empire. Along with the original floppy disk contents I have a complete manual and a quick start guide, both scanned, edited and exported as pdf. I can also scan the disk and the box if needed. No review nor screenshots, though. Someone else will have to provide them.

The manual could also be beneficial to those who play the predecessor The Four Crystals Of Trazere which currently includes only text file manual. User interface, spellcasting system etc are identical between the two and studying them becomes a whole lot easier with manual images.

Luchsen 17-08-2009 10:27 AM

PM sent. :PM:

Could you make a disk image in order that we have the content in its best condition?

munuainen 17-08-2009 03:23 PM

Sure. I'll also add box scans. They'll be uploaded shortly.

EDIT: Upload complete. The link in Painless FTP tutorial where it says 'Before you begin, check _here_ to make sure that the files you will upload are correctly prepared.' didn't work so I just uploaded the disk as zip, images as relatively hi res jpgs and documents as pdfs. Hope they are ok.

Luchsen 17-08-2009 05:36 PM

Great! :thumbs:

But I meant another form of disk image (stupid ambiguity! ^_^ ). RaWrite (DOS) and WinImage (Windows) would be the programs of choice.

munuainen 17-08-2009 07:18 PM

Of course...disk image :laugh:

One last question: does the image need to be made using the floppy as source, ie. to preserve the original file system or is it ok to build the image from ntfs hd source?

Luchsen 18-08-2009 01:30 AM

It's better to have it direct from the floppy because of the format and structure. But an image from files copied to HDD is okay if you can't or don't want to make it from the floppy. :)

munuainen 18-08-2009 11:26 AM

Roger that. The image has been uploaded. I created it direct from the floppy.

Luchsen 18-08-2009 06:32 PM

Perfect! :D

munuainen 30-08-2009 08:38 PM

New material!

Shadowcaster (floppy disk version): Unfortunately, the first disk out of five had become corrupted but to my delight I just noticed the CD version has been added. I could add a complete boxshot, a floppy disk shot and the Reference/Install Guide which is basically the manual. It's a bit different from the manual that came with the CD version.

Storm Master: The complete manual.

Dragon's Breath: Files, a diskshot and the manual.

The last one I'm a bit unsure of but here goes. I've got a demo version for Worlds of Legend : Son of the Empire which was exclusively made for PC Home magazine by Mindscape. More info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legend_...e_PC_Home_Demo . I've got files and a diskshot. No manual was included. This is definitely one of the best demo versions I've ever played.

TotalAnarchy 31-08-2009 11:44 AM

Everything is [APPROVED], including the demo. Thank you. :)

Paco 31-08-2009 12:14 PM

We can host Demo as a Extra but not as a Game due to the Rules:

Quote:

* Demos/shareware/trial versions. Abandonia is not a demo site; if we can't host a full version of the game, we won't bother hosting a demo either.

Luchsen 31-08-2009 01:09 PM

If we don't host it as an extra to Worlds of Legend, we can host it as an own game in this case. Simply because it's an own game.

munuainen 31-08-2009 04:24 PM

Uploaded.

Note that I added two disk images for WoL demo. One constitutes the complete floppy disk that includes other software and PC Home managing program, the other contains only the game and the corresponding txt file from the disk. I did that because I can't remember if the game had to be installed with the manager or if the game executable would simply run right out of the box. I haven't got a system to test it so whoever will be doing the test run - feel free to try both and pick the demo-only image for the final release if it works.

Capo 15-07-2019 05:50 PM

Dragon's Breath, we have it or no?

Japo 15-07-2019 09:44 PM

Which one? The material on the first post seems to be already published. Everything else mentioned I haven't checked.

Capo 16-07-2019 04:43 PM

There is this guy on facebook that keep saying the he give to abandonia this game but was never put on the site

Quote:

Originally Posted by munuainen (Post 381351)
Dragon's Breath: Files, a diskshot and the manual.

Japo 16-07-2019 08:07 PM

Hahaha I thought dragon's breath may be some geek curse words... lol

We do have them! Annoyingly split between three folders in the server.

We'd need a review or at the very least screenshots, in order to publish the game. Plus a volunteering updater :whistling:

marko river 16-07-2019 10:07 PM

It's been too long of a sleep, I gotta reactivate my updating fingers. Hope we at least don't have new bugs in updating process.

We need screenshots at very least. And I have to rediscover how the update was being done, access to fmanager etc. But count me in if updater is needed.

Capo 17-07-2019 03:03 AM

I dont have access to the game for the screenshots, i doubt you can use those

http://www.lemonamiga.com/games/details.php?id=1738

Smiling Spectre 17-07-2019 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko river (Post 483845)
It's been too long of a sleep, I gotta reactivate my updating fingers. Hope we at least don't have new bugs in updating process.

We need screenshots at very least. And I have to rediscover how the update was being done, access to fmanager etc. But count me in if updater is needed.

I can make you almost any screenshots for almost any DOS game. Also, I can supply Abandonia with almost every DOS game in existance, as, working with TDC and eXoDOS, I have them or can get access to them immediately. But I cannot upload reviews or write them. So if you need screenshots only, I'll give it to you today, at my evening. And if you willing to update, I can supply you with everything else. ;)

---
Screenshots uploaded to Smiling Spectre/Dragon Breath.

Capo 18-07-2019 02:59 AM

Thank you! :OK:

Japo 18-07-2019 04:29 PM

Thanks guys!

Spectre can probably find the stuff in the updates folder in the server. Otherwise I can provide it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capo (Post 483846)
I dont have access to the game for the screenshots, i doubt you can use those

http://www.lemonamiga.com/games/details.php?id=1738

No... Absolutely not allowed to steal screenshots or reviews, besides that's for the Amiga version.

Capo 22-07-2019 05:06 PM

Any news?
I can do it if you tell me how

Japo 22-07-2019 10:22 PM

I almost failed to notice that Spectre had edited his post to say that he's uploaded screenshots. That means we have the materials we need, and it only remains to prepare the archive and publish the game page.

I can do it, if Marko doesn't, I'll try to find time this week. I wouldn't be against giving you updater access, but if it's only for one single occasion, it takes as much or more work to tell you how than to do it ourselves (no trivial amount either way).

When users ask via Facebook why their submissions aren't published, let them know that we can't do it without screenshots at the very least. We used to require a review (grammar-checked), and we used to ration updates to maintain a constant flow of news posts, so it could be slower in the past (except now there are no updates at all unless someone nags us to publish something specific). I think rationing updates makes no sense at least nowadays if ever, and I can relax the requirement for a review since we can't expect to get them; but the game page would look too poor without screenshots, and making them takes too little work to be excused.

Capo 23-07-2019 07:00 PM

Ok, i wait then :OK:

marko river 23-07-2019 10:41 PM

I agree with screenshots and that we no longer can expect a review.
As for update, I can't do it during working days. So I let you guys know on Friday night.

Capo 26-08-2019 06:09 PM

I repeat, give me the stuff and tell me what i have to do, i will do it, you guys clearly have no time for this

The current time is 03:19 PM (GMT)