Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Grandmaster Chess (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=7966)

Sebatianos 07-11-2005 12:49 PM

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)

A. J. Raffles 07-11-2005 01:05 PM

Stunning screenshots.:P

Wasn't there a GameBoy version of this?

Sebatianos 07-11-2005 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by A. J. Raffles@Nov 7 2005, 04:05 PM
Stunning screenshots.:P
Thanks. I really wanted to capture the action of the game :angel:

bruno 07-11-2005 01:23 PM

i was very young when i play this games. A very good game..... :cheers:

DonCorleone 07-11-2005 02:36 PM

How good is the grandmaster chess-engine in comparison to the fritz engine? Does

someone know?

Iīm asking cause Iīm looking for an alternative to chessmaster2000 and fritz 7.

Chessmaster has got a very good library and therefor is quite adequate for learning.

Even for advanced gamers. Fritz7 is quite strong and hasnīt got much of a chess

learning mode. So chessmaster would be the right choice for the beginning. Problem is:

it doesnīt work on XP...

So what do you think?

Doubler 07-11-2005 02:48 PM

I learned how to play chess with this program :D

Sebatianos 07-11-2005 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by DonCorleone@Nov 7 2005, 05:36 PM
it doesnīt work on XP...
What do you mean?
It works on Win XP, but the animation at the opening doesn't. So after seeing the Capstone logo the screen will go blank (with possibly some red squares), but then the chess board will show up and you can play normally.

For learning I still think that Sierra Power chess was the best one (but as far as I know it wonly works on Win 9x systems).

gregor 07-11-2005 04:52 PM

It crhashed in WIN 98 right on the beginning (VSMON caused an error). Then i tried ion dos with boot disk. worked ok. played untill about 11th move then (when he was loosing) it crashed again. or should i say everything stopped responding (keyboard, mouse...). Quite a serious crash.

No it's not the viruses cause computer just got clean virus scan, defrag, registry scan and repair and finnaly a new power supply unit.

I can only guess what casue the crash, since there was no message in DOS. One it could be a bad file and two the CPU is too fast for this game. so which one is it?

Sebatianos 07-11-2005 05:42 PM

To bo honest - I've no idea. The game works fine for me on my stationary computer, on rainwife's laptop and on my fathers computer (I gave him the game some two weeks ago).

So until now I didn't even know the game is causing any problems... Maybe it's a corrupt download?

Stroggy 07-11-2005 05:51 PM

I don't have time for easily mastered games such as chess.

Seriously though, thanks, maybe I'll finally brush up on my chess-playing skills (which do not exist as of yet)

The current time is 03:41 PM (GMT)