Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Gaming Zone (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Mixed genre games (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=19919)

Surgeon 24-05-2009 12:35 AM

Mixed genre games

What are your favorite mixed genre games (the type of the ol' Robin Hood, or the new Dreamfall)?

AlumiuN 24-05-2009 09:02 AM

System Shock! Woooooooo! :)

Japo 24-05-2009 10:06 AM

Star Control II

mexbrush 24-05-2009 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Japo (Post 366369)
Star Control II

One of the best to boost the effect I read A.C. Clarke's Rama and keep watching Battlestar Galactica when I was playing it again.

One of the greatest even.

Surgeon 26-05-2009 03:05 AM

Pilgrim's Quest

How about something we have - like Pilgrim's Quest?

Tulac 26-05-2009 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Japo (Post 366369)
Star Control II

Amen to that.

Simoneer 26-05-2009 12:40 PM

...Favorite genre mixes are action-adventure and action RPG, I think. O.o

Too many good games goes into there that I cannot really mention just one. But hmm... I seriously love genre mixing.

Yes Or Nay 26-05-2009 04:46 PM

I liked the blend of action/RPG/adventure in Mass Effect, adventure/action in Dark Earth and of course the mix of strategy/RPG (although that is pretty common round' these days) in HoM&M. :)

So yes, I am mixed genre games positive. Yet the line, dividing the two genres, has to be masterfuly camouflaged, otherwise the game may become too boring/straightforward. :)

Surgeon 26-05-2009 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yes Or Nay (Post 366834)
I liked the blend of action/RPG/adventure in Mass Effect, adventure/action in Dark Earth and of course the mix of strategy/RPG (although that is pretty common round' these days) in HoM&M. :)

So yes, I am mixed genre games positive. Yet the line, dividing the two genres, has to be masterfuly camouflaged, otherwise the game may become too boring/straightforward. :)

Like in...Battle for Middle Earth?

Also, seriously, what's everyone's take on BFME? I absolutely adore the game, and yet I see that it didn't achieve Warcraft-range fame, and that that even the game's worthless drat sequal, improved by its expansion pack which transformed it into completely un-Lord of the Rings, is actually significantly more notable. :hihihi:

Yes Or Nay 26-05-2009 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surgeon (Post 366846)
Like in...Battle for Middle Earth?

Also, seriously, what's everyone's take on BFME? I absolutely adore the game, and yet I see that it didn't achieve Warcraft-range fame, and that that even the game's worthless drat sequal, improved by its expansion pack which transformed it into completely un-Lord of the Rings, is actually significantly more notable. :hihihi:

Never did I play that one, so I can't judge. Although I'm quite a fan of Mr. Tolkien's work I somewhat found the newer games based in Middle-earth disappointing.

To give my statement atleast some background, let me mention Mark of Chaos 2. Never played it either, yet in reviews I read that there are some rather nice RPG elements. :)

The current time is 09:52 PM (GMT)