Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Dungeon Hack (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=26320)

DarthHelmet86 22-12-2010 01:24 PM

Dungeon Hack

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)

Mrazerty 22-12-2010 07:18 PM

Looks interesting. Should try that when I have some time. :)

rabadi 22-12-2010 11:18 PM

If you like Eye of the Beholder series, then you'll like Dungeon Hack, except that this time you have no party members and there is very much no story (as mentioned in the review).

Diamondfist 23-12-2010 02:18 AM

This is not only one of my favorite RPGs, it's one that I have played repeatedly. It's a lot of fun.

One of the best aspects of the game is the dungeon seed; the number at the bottom of the screen is the code for that dungeon according to the settings.

When making a custom dungeon, you can share the dungeon generation seed code with a friend; they must enter the code you share with them under the "Custom" dungeon screen.

A beginner dungeon can be played entering the code below by selecting "Custom" and clicking the dungeon seed number at the bottom of the screen. Press enter after you've finished entering the code, and click the "Play" button. All of the 0s are zeroes:

00175f1c 0477020071101 014100

Even if two people have the same dungeon seed code, the dungeons will never be quite the same cosmetically.

Maxor127 23-12-2010 12:55 PM

I never played it since I didn't really like Eye of the Beholder, and I don't like dungeon crawls in general. I prefer character interaction and overworld travel and city exploration. Maybe one day I'll try it.

dkw 24-12-2010 12:35 AM

This game is more like Nethack then Eye of the Beholder, and more forgiving then Nethack.

maiden1966 24-12-2010 06:23 AM

I have this one ; box, manual, disks. Excellent game ; can be a great intro to the d&d world. Happy holidays ..........peace

rsdworker 26-12-2010 04:50 PM

i did enjoyed it - its was great so i find alot puzzles but there no manual

Momentarythought 04-01-2011 10:35 PM

While this game is a lot of fun, it's horribly unbalanced. Some classes like Cleric or Paladin are easy to win with, others like Thief or Bard, next to impossible! Particularly since the artifacts generated for a Bard quest always seem to be /fighter/ artifacts that he can't equip or use! A cleric gets the best spells, can heal himself, create food, uncurse things... and unlike the mage doesn't need to find scrolls first. It's a pity they didn't put more thought into how to keep the game balanced with a single character, because this could have been the all-time classic graphical roguelike otherwise...

DarthHelmet86 05-01-2011 03:52 AM

Well most of this unbalance you talk of is the unbalance in the AD&D rules. Some character types are just better at single play then others. Clerics will always be one of the best in single play due to the their okay attack, healing spells and ability to wear heavy armours. Remember these characters were meant to be played in groups, between 4 and 6. In groups a mage, bard and other weaker characters have a lot to offer, by themselves they are too squishy and often die.

I don't really get what you mean by fighter items though, since anything a figther could use many other classes can use too. I don't know much about Bards in AD&D, but in 3rd edition they can wield most weapons and leather armour.

The current time is 08:54 PM (GMT)