Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Dungeon Master (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=6508)

Reup 31-07-2005 12:15 PM

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)

punch999 31-07-2005 01:30 PM

How does this game compare to the Eye of the beholder series? Is it better or worse?

Jimmy Bojangles 31-07-2005 02:22 PM

I love this :D.

Keep up the good work Abandonia.

MdaG 31-07-2005 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by punch999@Jul 31 2005, 01:30 PM
How does this game compare to the Eye of the beholder series? Is it better or worse?
It's practically the same as EOB. There is a remake of this game with better graphics. The link is in my signature.

Reup 31-07-2005 02:52 PM

There are many, many remakes :P Check the links in the 'Extras' options. The DM encyclopeida has a list of 20-something ports and remakes, some in real 3d :ok:

BLauritson 31-07-2005 04:52 PM

I had this game back on the ol' Amiga. One of the best games I have ever played in my life. Some puzzles are extremely challenging.

Saiph 31-07-2005 05:40 PM

I can't believe DM is available again! :D This was the game that made all Amiga owners envious of the Atari ST when it first came out - it was quite a time before FTL did a port. Anyone know if the official sequel "Chaos Strikes Back" is available anywhere?

Quote:

Eye of the Beholder seemed to be inspired by DM, and the EOB series took things forward by a couple of steps. Firstly, the graphics and scenery were a little more varied, including outdoor areas. And secondly, the creatures, spells and weapons were supposed to be based on the official Advanced Dungeons and Dragons rules (3rd edition IIRC), so it had an air of authority about it. But I still enjoyed playing DM right up until my ST went to the great computer junk-heap in the sky.

swiss 31-07-2005 06:09 PM

I love DM ...

but I love EOB more! Especially part 3 !
The story is - somehow - more for to indetify yourself with. You have this sub-scenes where you talk to people that really have something to say ... and (o'coz) the graphics are much nicer !

But even better is: The "Realm of Arcania" saga !

Lonely Vazdru 31-07-2005 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Saiph@Jul 31 2005, 05:40 PM
But I still enjoyed playing DM right up until my ST went to the great computer junk-heap in the sky.
Hey ! Cool ! i did'nt know it existed. I hope my old PC went up there too ! :angel:

I did give a try to the Java version of Dungeon Master, it Seems really cool ! :w00t:

MrBackAlleySka 31-07-2005 06:23 PM

Heyyy awesome hehe. Odd that I thought this game was already on here? Oh well hahaa! This game rocks! Too bad I already have it, but oh well.

The current time is 03:34 PM (GMT)