Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Jagged Alliance - Deadly Games (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=103)

Kosta 11-03-2004 10:34 AM

Jagged Alliance - Deadly Games

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review & Download

Anonymous 26-03-2004 04:54 PM

One off the best games ever!!!

Since the first Jagged Alliance to the new J.A WildFire, i've played all!!!

Just waiting for a Multiplayer Version!!

LotharGR 17-04-2004 11:34 PM

Right now i'm playing Jagged Alliance 2... Its truly a great game! It is also a great encyclopedia of arms from all over the world :P ( with some mistakes of course - there is no pistol that uses 7.62mm ammo :P )

Danny252 18-04-2004 06:59 AM

7.62mm ammo? thats rifle or something!

The Niles 18-04-2004 11:44 AM

7.62 is an older type of ammunition that is still used by assault rifles like the AK47, AKM and all other derivatives. NATO standard ammunition now is 5.56.

LotharGR 18-04-2004 09:24 PM

I know all this ( i have been in the army in the past :P ) i simply said that in J.G II there is a pistol that uses such ammo ... ( don't remember the pistol though )

Anonymous 27-04-2004 01:21 PM

Couldn't resist a gun geek moment

You're probably thinking of the Russian made Tokarev pistol, which does indeed fire 7.62mm ammo.

It just doesn't fire the 7.62(calibre) x 51mm (length) Nato ammunition we think of as "7.62" ..nor even the 7.62 x 39mm Soviet rounds (which for some reason JA2 called WP for Warsaw Pact i guess), or the 7.62 x 51mm Soviet round fired from the Dragonov (JA2 kindly, but wrongly, lets us load it with assault rifle ammo).

Instead it fires a 7.62 pistol round. Not sure of the cartridge length..but it's not as immpressive as it sounds...bullet size isn't really an issue compared to length (and hence the ammount of power in the charge).

Don't forget that most pistols now fire 9mm ammo...which sure as hell doesn't hit like 7.62 rifle. A closer example would be 7.65 x 17mm ...which is just the .32 automatic round.

/END GUN GEEK MODE

Dace 27-04-2004 01:29 PM

^ That was me by the way...just registered and opens up with a ramble...

:P

J 04-07-2004 12:32 PM

Jagged best

Jagged alliance no doubt one of the best strategy games ever, tons of equipments n cool mercenaries for hiring. I was hooked for 2days staright n getting MC not going to work......is my boss around...? :shock:

Tom Henrik 04-07-2004 03:21 PM

Heh!

The Norwegian army uses 7.62 x 51 ammuniton! 8)

Here are the weapons I used when I was in the military.

P20 (Glock 9mm)
AG-3 (German rifle, now the standard in Norway 7,62 x 51mm)
MG-3 (German machine gun 7,62 x 51mm (belt))
RFK (Bazooka... fires AP, HE and HEAT rockets)
M 92 (Bazooka... fires a single AP rocket)
MP-5 (Small machine-gun... 9mm)

These were the weapons I used reguarly, but we had a lot more in our platoon. My standard outfit was the AG-3 and the Glock! :P

Omuletzu 04-07-2004 03:45 PM

Quote:

Heh!

The Norwegian army uses 7.62 x 51 ammuniton! *8) *

Here are the weapons I used when I was in the military.

P20 (Glock 9mm)
AG-3 (German rifle, now the standard in Norway 7,62 x 51mm)
MG-3 (German machine gun 7,62 x 51mm (belt))
RFK (Bazooka... fires AP, HE and HEAT rockets)
M 92 (Bazooka... fires a single AP rocket)
MP-5 (Small machine-gun... 9mm)

These were the weapons I used reguarly, but we had a lot more in our platoon. My standard outfit was the AG-3 and the Glock! *:P

Well here in romania our army uses:
1)Clubs
2)Rocks
3)A high precision sling
The first two are standard, the third is only for Snipers

FreeFreddy 04-07-2004 03:47 PM

Aha, next come Black Sword of Death or Great Axe of Hellburn, hm? :wink:

Omuletzu 04-07-2004 03:50 PM

No next comes the good old punch.It is still in service because of it's high durability, and high accuracy

But this is getting off topic

Dream 04-07-2004 08:37 PM

We here use "Don't shoot, please spare me, nooooo!" Tactics.

Seabass 02-10-2004 05:22 PM

Just downloaded the game and it dosent work :huh: it asks me for a cd, even in dosbox it dosent work. Help please :cry:

Seabass 02-10-2004 05:24 PM

silly me there's a HOW TO at the end of the review humm not to self always read stuff that follows IMPORTENT.

Guest 15-10-2004 07:16 PM

I just typed the c letter in the cd.rom file but didnīt work? Anyone can help?

Braindead 15-10-2004 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Anonymous@Mar 26 2004, 05:54 PM
One off the best games ever!!!

Since the first Jagged Alliance to the new J.A WildFire, i've played all!!!

Just waiting for a Multiplayer Version!!

Did you play Jagged Alliance: Urban Chaos by the Mod Squad, a truly fantastic mod by the Masters Of Disaster aka MOD-squad...

Imho it's way better than the wildfire (mod).

If you have Ja2: Unfinished Business you might also want to check out the great Russian mod named "Shady Job": it's currently being translated to english. I don't know a single word of Russian but this mod is really, really, REALLY GR8! (even in russian) :Brain:

Schabernakel-anbeter 27-11-2004 04:49 PM

The jagged alliance games are really some of my favourite games
except unfinished busines because it has a really bad german
translation of the charakters i will go as far, that even
the females are spoken by one and the same guy.
All the soldiers lost their charakter. :cry:

The other games are really great i got them all on cd. :Brain:
Expecially i like to nuke the whole area with bombs,cause you can
destroy nearly everything with tnt or other explosiv.
so its absolutely nonlinear.
the second part also has a grat weapon delivery. :D

And the german Army uses the 5.56 mm, too now.
G36 most soldiers call them toys cause they are
build with lots of plastik :sick: :crazy:

bye :bye: bye

Guest 29-11-2004 07:47 PM

anyone else not getting speech with this game or just me?

arg 21-12-2004 11:44 PM

where the heck do you find the cd.rom file?????

Guest 21-12-2004 11:53 PM

the problem I have is that the file "cd.rom" is a realplayer file or something.......
:crazy:

Reverend 24-12-2004 10:45 AM

Just downloaded Deadly Games, changed the letter in Cd.Rom file from D to C and still nothing... tru dosbox and xp still asking for bloody CDRom

Its giving me "PROBLEM READING CDRom - PLEASE CHECK" or something like that... its not a problem in reading CD.ROM but simply CDRom...

PLEASE HELP..
I NEED TO PLAY THIS GAME!!! :help:

Reverend 26-12-2004 12:48 PM

OK! I solved d darned problem... had extracted tru a crappy version of winzip and for some reason whatsoever files were not subdivided into folders... god knows why... now i can play the game and it friggen rocks... :rifle: :sniper:

Now I'd love to get JA2.. if anyone knows where i can get that... the_mangler4u@hotmail.com

Simon fan 03-01-2005 02:15 PM

Hello, I need help with Simon the Sorcerer 2. I run the game under DOS and it's running without problems but I'm not able to SAVE. Can anyone tell me what is wrong?

Borodin 03-01-2005 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Simon fan@Jan 3 2005, 03:15 PM
Hello, I need help with Simon the Sorcerer 2. I run the game under DOS and it's running without problems but I'm not able to SAVE. Can anyone tell me what is wrong?
Simon Fan, Probably the best way to get an answer would be to start with a new thread, appropriately titled, in the right forum. ;)

pisfin 29-01-2005 08:31 AM

It says that I should alter the name of the file cd.rom to make the game work. But what shall I write if I have put the game on the C-drive under C:Games?? lease help, because I really want to play this great game.

Guest 05-02-2005 12:11 AM

yea seriously you change cd.rom to c.rom? i mean, it isn't working, could someone be more specific

Guest 06-02-2005 11:40 AM

I have the same problem.can somebody please explain exactly what one has to do with the CD.ROM file ?
i would be like this: :kosta:

Sammo 08-02-2005 06:22 PM

Man, what a game!!!

I already own this own, as the original JA...but maybe I'll download it anyway, 'cause here in Italy the in-game text was fully translated in a very BAD way (and they did a just slightly better job with the allmighty JA2...)...luckyly, the awesome speech files are there (are there in this download too? :whistle: )!

The only thing which hurts the title a little is the lack of a complex "strategy mode" like the one in the previous episode, but since it was more of a cadeau than a real sequel, well, that's no big complain I guess.
Anyway, that's too bad, since without a full tactical campaign there's less time and occasion to put the less talented members of the roster to good use...and the top dogs are available from day 1, so crap mercs are not needed anyway. (oh, yeah...cannon fodder!) :D.
A shame, since the roster of this ep is the best ever (I just love not-yet-psycho-Buzz, Mouse, Leon Roachburn, not to mension all the losers from the previous ep...), and it was quite funny making the underdogs *almost* in the same league as Magic, Kelly and the rest of the cream. :D
But they still are a great fun even just to keep there and see what their lines are (the "touch other merc" speeches are the top! :cheers: )

One of the best series ever: too bad here in Italy it was very difficult to get AND the lousy job done at translating JA2 prevents you to apply official patches and mods designed for other series.
I'll have to buy JA2 Gold for that...with a credit card and overseas shipping, of course. :angry:

Sammo from Italy

Guest 09-02-2005 02:51 AM

Could anyone be more specific on what to name the rom file?

Floyd 14-02-2005 03:51 PM

To change the cd rom file, open it with notepad, and you will see the letter "D" there, just change this to "C" (then close notepad/save the change) and the game works .... :ok:

Great game :sniper: but I still think the 1st one is best, perhaps even better than UFO!! (XCom 1)

Does the sound work only in Dos box?

Btw I just downloaded Twilight 2000 from the underdogs, any opinions on it ?

Jimmy 17-02-2005 12:35 PM

Well, I edit the cd.rom file and change D to C
Then run dosbox with the game directory mount to C:
So when I am C:\> there are the datafiles there
I run dg.exe and it's asking for the cdrom

I am running linux but I don't thing it has something to do with this.
plz help
:ph34r:

Floyd 17-02-2005 07:45 PM

mine runs fine in win xp but with no sound, I only done what I typed above, but thought it would help to clarify what to do :cheers:

but..... I would love the sound too .... I ran audio setup , but, alas , not even a squeak! :not_ok:

anybody got any ideas?

(my pc (400mhz!)locks when I run it in dosbox) :ranting: :not_ok: :help:

I still think the fist Ja game is the best :D :rifle:

QCumberino 23-02-2005 02:21 PM

If you like this game, please visist my forum so we can form a community for both the first Jagged Alliance and Deadly Games

http://qcumber86.proboards36.com/index.cgi

Doc Adrian 26-02-2005 01:39 PM

grr I want to play this game so bad, no luck thought I tried changing the file as it says and it still looks for the CD.

D became C

I tried it on windows and DOS Box...any other suggestions please? anyone?

Rugz 09-03-2005 11:28 AM

guys you have edit the cd.rom file with a notepad.

it runs fine in dosbox with sound and music, the easiest way of getting the game work is change the drive letter in CD.rom file to C then D then E then F and so on till your game runs.

Ofcourse mine worked in the first attempt coz i kept my mounted drive name and actually installed drive name same.

For example if you unzipped the game on drive F but mounted it as drive C in dos box i have no idea what you will write in cd.rom file F or C ?

Doc Adrian 09-03-2005 05:49 PM

Finally got it to work...currently working on helping Gus get his trailer out of the mortgage :)

Devrim 25-03-2005 07:55 AM

Hello everyone;

Very nice to see that an active forum exists for JA.
Anyway, once I was playing JA, JA Deadly Games and JA2. I liked especially the first 2. Since I faced a problem in JA DG, I haven't been played. The problem is this:
There is a bug in one of the levels. It is not possible to enter a room because of mines and mine flags. Fortunately a patch is released for this problem. But when you copy it over your "cracked" verion, this time CD.ROM file becomes useless and the game searches for CD-ROM. If you do not apply the patch, you stuck in that level. I could not overcome this problem. And looking forward for answer if there is any.

Bye,

DSmidgy 25-03-2005 03:57 PM

Aren't all maps editable with mission editor?

Try to find the right map and remove the mine.

JA fan 22-04-2005 12:24 PM

What level are you talking about? Right now I am at L15 and everything is still working. I suppose I haven't seen the level you have mentioned.

DakaSha 10-05-2005 03:39 PM

ok for the guys who want to play the game and cant find the cd-rom

if you installed the game to "e:\games\Deadly Games"

1. open the cd.rom file with notepad

2. get rid of that D

3. type "e:\games\Deadly Games" (yeah it works with windows style folders)

4. open the EXE

you can now kill

hey anybody want to have a multiplayer battle? i downloaded it for that reason only and cant find anyone to play with :cry:

M07hM4n 12-05-2005 08:43 PM

I do want to have a multiplayer battle :D

If you have msn add me: mothman@mailshack.com

Anyone also interested in JA 2, or even making some mods contact me too :P

DakaSha 13-05-2005 04:49 PM

i think the whole multiplayer battle thing aint gonna work out... there is only a modem option which as far as i know cant be used as a TCP connection.. correct me if im wrong cause im a stupid sonava...

Doc Adrian 17-05-2005 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by DSmidgy@Mar 25 2005, 04:57 PM
Aren't all maps editable with mission editor?

Try to find the right map and remove the mine.

yes they are editable for mission maps, but not all of them are editable and you have to beat the mission first before you can edit it :)

DakaSha 19-05-2005 11:35 PM

hey i need some help.
and bad cause im impulsive as a ...i dont know give me an example

anyways... i found a friend who wants to play this game in network multiplay but we have a problem:

if i want to lead or join a game everythings fine... if i lead i get the game setup window and if i join well... nothing happens because nobody is leading a game but it trys.

now:
if my friend trys to lead or join it says: setting up network for a while then it says network problems - try again (or something like that)

his network is fine.. we play magic the gathering and master of orion 2 ALOT... without problems..(well except with MOO2 but you all know why ;) )

we both use XP

the only thing that was different on his system so far is that when i wanted to start the game up the first time on his (laptop) computer it said something about needing the AUTOEXEC.NT file... i copied that into his system32 folder and it worked...
when i restarted his computer it disapeared... so i put it in again and marked it as read only... so it stayed next time...

i read the AUTOEXEC.NT file and it says something about network bla bla... thats why i thought it might have something to do with it.

ok... i know i have problems getting my point across so if any whiz kid computer freak hacker guy wants to help me but needs more info just ask... thanks in advance.

**EDIT**

i installed DosBox on my friends computer and he can now lead or join games
but that doesnt help because i cant use dosbox (im running a P2 400... i know...pathetic)

thought id just tell ya.. its pretty obvios that it has something to do with dos and all

DSmidgy 15-06-2005 02:42 PM

I noticed, that this game is not patched to version 1.13z.
You can download the pathch here.

I also cracked the patch, so you don't have to mount the cd-rom in DOSBox. Only editing CD.ROM file is required. I the admins want th cracked 1.13 version DG.EXE file - contact me.

Tom Henrik 14-08-2005 08:54 PM

Download has been re-instated :)

Enjoy.

Landeraxe 05-09-2005 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by DakaSha@May 19 2005, 11:35 PM
hey i need some help.
and bad cause im impulsive as a ...i dont know give me an example

anyways... i found a friend who wants to play this game in network multiplay but we have a problem:

if i want to lead or join a game everythings fine... if i lead i get the game setup window and if i join well... nothing happens because nobody is leading a game but it trys.

now:
if my friend trys to lead or join it says: setting up network for a while then it says network problems - try again (or something like that)

his network is fine.. we play magic the gathering and master of orion 2 ALOT... without problems..(well except with MOO2 but you all know why ;) )

we both use XP

the only thing that was different on his system so far is that when i wanted to start the game up the first time on his (laptop) computer it said something about needing the AUTOEXEC.NT file... i copied that into his system32 folder and it worked...
when i restarted his computer it disapeared... so i put it in again and marked it as read only... so it stayed next time...

i read the AUTOEXEC.NT file and it says something about network bla bla... thats why i thought it might have something to do with it.

ok... i know i have problems getting my point across so if any whiz kid computer freak hacker guy wants to help me but needs more info just ask... thanks in advance.

**EDIT**

i installed DosBox on my friends computer and he can now lead or join games
but that doesnt help because i cant use dosbox (im running a P2 400... i know...pathetic)

thought id just tell ya.. its pretty obvios that it has something to do with dos and all

FYI, this game works only over an IPX network. Basically you have to be on a LAN where you enable IPX on both stations (can run simulataneously with TCP/IP so it won't hurt your network functionality) but with no level 3 network devices (routers) seperating you (i.e.; you must be on the same subnet as IPX does not bridge subnets) OR dial up using a RAS connection over the modem using IPX as one of the protocols installed on both machines.

A little technical I know, but it is important that you know that the game just won't work over a TCP/IP connection.

:ph34r:

the dude 13-09-2005 03:02 AM

really good game, but imo i like the original jagged alliance better. this one adds only a few things like 10 mercs, about 5 new weapons (but 2 of em are pistols...).. but thing that is annoying is that there are turn limits. makes it seem like a puzzle game..

but still fantastic game man, but ja2 owns ALL :whistle:

fatpope 24-09-2005 05:54 PM

I got this game to work fine after downloading but the problem is that the version on this site is v1.0 and not v1.13 so I can't get rid of the incredibly annoying turn limit for each mission! Installing the patch doesn't help me though, as if I do that the game starts saying that it can't find the cd rom even though the CD.ROM file has been changed to C and worked fine before the patch. I've tried lots of things including dosbox and all but nothing will work. I assume I'm supposed to be running the JA.exe file and not the old DG.exe one but neither works. The JA one asks me for the cd and the DG loads up, but with no cursor and crashes if I try to start a game. Any suggestions...?

Rorschach 01-10-2005 02:17 PM

*edit*
As usual, I found out the answer to my question shortly after I posted it. :P

Anyway, the screenshots for Deadly Games seem to be from the original JA instead (at least the one with Brenda and her father), making it a bit confusing to tell both games apart at a glance, and the review seems to talk about JA in general, not specifying what's the difference in Deadly Games. Not a rant or anything, just some feedback on what I though was a bit confusing.

PrejudiceSucks 01-10-2005 04:33 PM

Huzzah! The download!

Cheers for sorting that one out Abandonia!

Blood-Pigggy 01-10-2005 04:47 PM

Why wasn't it there before?
Care to explain?
ESA involved or anything?

PrejudiceSucks 01-10-2005 07:05 PM

It was an ESA no-go zone. But I suppose that they have negotiated it.

Abanto?o 13-10-2005 02:01 AM

In dosbox all the action is lethargic, most notably walking which takes way too long. Any ideas as to how this can be speeded up?

Guest 15-10-2005 09:21 AM

What are the "recipes" for items that can be assembled?

So far I've seen

gas + oil + rag + jar = molotov cocktail

Compound whatever + hat or vest = improved hat or vest

rifle + pipe = improved barrel

Guest 23-10-2005 10:33 PM

I get this message after I change the cd.rom file:

Quote:

LOADING...* Jagged Alliance - DEADLY GAMES* (v1.00 August 25, 1996)
Copyright Đ 1995,1996 Sir-tech Software, Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

HD Space Free = 976 MB

Anyone got a fix? I'm running Win2K.

drei 06-11-2005 08:19 PM

looking 4 people to play this online. i played it online and it works.
DOSBox 0.63 playes IPX over TCP just fine. 4 more explanation or 4 a game contact me. email yubusro@yahoo.com
YahooMessenger yubuusro

Guest 06-11-2005 08:20 PM

correction: email: yubuusro@yahoo.com , witha double "u"

KansaiKid 15-01-2006 11:55 AM

Ok, yet another "help me"...

I've experimented with running this game a variet of different ways :wall: and am yet to get the sound to work. Is this really impossible, or am I just not getting it? I tried using the VMD sound and Dosbox configurations but to no avail. Any suggestions?

DSmidgy 15-01-2006 05:02 PM

Of course, you set the sound card to SoundBlaster in DOSBox (I think its setsound commnad)?

KansaiKid 17-01-2006 12:23 PM

Hey, you rock! :ok:

KansaiKid 17-01-2006 12:29 PM

What about digital speech? :w00t:

stefan 03-02-2006 03:44 PM

i have download the game but it doesn t work! it asks for the CD-rom !how to handle this problem?????

Yobor 05-02-2006 03:08 AM

If I remember correctly, try to run a different .exe or .bat . It worked for me.

koshman 08-02-2006 04:16 PM

Hey guys, can anyone tell me how exactly do I "deliver the briefcase to agent Blue Moon" in mission 8 (or 9?). I've already killed all the bad guys in this map and the agent is standing right in front of Scope, who's holding the briefcase in her right hand, but I don't know how to give it to him. The agent is just turning around even when I drop the briefcase right in front of his eyes. Help, don't wanna have a failed mission...

Khono 15-02-2006 04:27 PM

koshman: I delivered the briefcase simply by walking right up to the guy. In the square next to him. All automatic, you don't have to drop it.

I'm having trouble with the next mission (mission 10 I think) where you have to blow up the controls to the nukes. I go in the center of the building, drop 2 dynamites then run out. They blow up but I still fail the mission at the end of the time limit. I've tried placing them in different spts, doesn't change anything... Can anyone help me?

hey dude 16-02-2006 01:24 AM

yobor, what game is your avatar from ? it looks pretty cool and i wanna check it out

Vena 08-03-2006 11:50 AM

Can anyone tell are the digital speeches included in the zip? Or can't I just get them to work?

jimmy7512 08-03-2006 03:22 PM

Would it be a good idea for me to hire the merc with the best gear and then take their gear and then fire them ?

Kurko 24-03-2006 07:08 AM

Can anyone tell me where can I find the counterfits in the mission 5? Killed all bad guys went to the only building in the map but didn't find it. One more thing in this game (deadly games) you get to rule some territories etc? I'm talking about the screenshot (the world map) because so far it doesn't looks like it. Thanks

Guest 26-03-2006 11:55 AM

kurko, you can get the counterfeit from one of the enemy. i forgot which one but just go near all the ones you killed. eventually, you'll find it.

Kurko 27-03-2006 08:56 AM

Thanks man got it. Stupid Fidel I saved him one piece and he still left but I was ready so he didnīt take anything with him. But itīs a shame because he was really great live "metal detector".

franekb 28-03-2006 11:20 AM

it may help some of you guys with a cdrom problem
using dosbox, mount your game dir as a cd
like:
mount d /game/dir -t cdrom
where, obviously, "/game/dir" is your true game directory :)
then try to run the game :ok:

Doc Adrian 03-05-2006 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Kurko@Mar 27 2006, 08:56 AM
Thanks man got it. Stupid Fidel I saved him one piece and he still left but I was ready so he didnīt take anything with him. But itīs a shame because he was really great live "metal detector".
Well hes not as good as a free metal detector because of his value, but if you need a bomb expert..even though hes a bit more expensive I hire Rusty.

In the campaign mode he eventually earns his pay wuite well..even if you suffer a loss for a mission or 3

TFR 25-06-2006 08:00 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(LotharGR @ Apr 17 2004, 11:34 PM) [snapback]1181[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Right now i'm playing Jagged Alliance 2... Its truly a great game! It is also a great encyclopedia of arms from all over the world :P ( with some mistakes of course - there is no pistol that uses 7.62mm ammo :P )
[/b]
The pistol is the Automag III and it used 7.62mm NATO in JA2 just for simplicity.
In reality it shoots .30 Carbine caliber which is very rare and otherwise only used in the M1 Carbine.

Guest 13-07-2006 04:47 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TFR @ Jun 25 2006, 08:00 AM) [snapback]239482[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

The pistol is the Automag III and it used 7.62mm NATO in JA2 just for simplicity.
In reality it shoots .30 Carbine caliber which is very rare and otherwise only used in the M1 Carbine.
[/b]
Not really rare at all, several revolvers are made in the caliber.

melthas 13-07-2006 09:26 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jimmy7512 @ Mar 8 2006, 04:22 PM) [snapback]212705[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Would it be a good idea for me to hire the merc with the best gear and then take their gear and then fire them ?
[/b]
If you hire and then quickly fire mercs, or if the mercs working for you dies too often, you won't be able to hire them in the future. They may say no when you want to hire them. They want some respect and a long life.

Luka666 04-08-2006 06:02 PM

Hello,
Id just like to point out that the last picture (http://www.abandonia.com/games/71/im...y%20Games5.jpg) in the review is actualy not from Deadly Games, but its from the original Jagged Alliance. You might want to remove it...

Luka

Guest 06-08-2006 04:38 AM

Like, what's Leon say when he spots an enemy? Couldn't quite catch it...

Jontzzu 08-01-2007 05:09 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hey dude @ Feb 16 2006, 04:24 AM) [snapback]207711[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

yobor, what game is your avatar from ? it looks pretty cool and i wanna check it out
[/b]
Offtopic: It's from game called "We Got Explosives II"

Yar! 15-01-2007 01:41 AM

Why isn't the game available for download?? It's over 10 years old, by crykey! :unsure:

Guest 15-01-2007 04:12 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Yar! @ Jan 15 2007, 02:41 AM) [snapback]274928[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Why isn't the game available for download?? It's over 10 years old, by crykey! :unsure:
[/b]
The game is sold, so Abandonia won't offer it. It's their rules on sold games.

The Fifth Horseman 15-01-2007 07:10 AM

And unfortunately CD-Rom Access has large stock of games that would otherwise be considered Abandonware.

Guest 10-02-2007 03:38 AM

So is there any way to get it somewhere else?

The Fifth Horseman 13-02-2007 04:04 PM

No. And don't ask for it if you don't want to meet the fist of nearest available relative to Sgt Detritus.

The rules say that as long as a game is still sold, we cannot:
1. put it up for download on Abandonia
2. provide you with links to any source of download
3. send you the archive through e-mail or any messenger programs

If you want it... buy it.

kluedo33 23-02-2007 06:15 PM

I have the error "abonormal exit". and when installing 1.13z requests cd.rom to me, although already it has it published and it has put letter C. is crack for 1.13z? my mail [BEEEP]@hotmail.com

The Fifth Horseman 26-02-2007 03:27 PM

Are you running the game in DosBox?

kluedo33 26-02-2007 05:21 PM

I do not use DosBox, version 1.10 run well in xp and in dosbox it goes to me very slow.
But the 1,10 it gives the error "abnormal exit" when it appears Miki in campain.
And the version 1.13z gives to error with the file cd.rom
Sorry my English, I am of Spain

The Fifth Horseman 27-02-2007 10:05 AM

Compare the content of both "cd.rom" files. Try replacing the one in 1.13 with one from 1.10.

kluedo33 27-02-2007 10:47 AM

my file cd.rom always is the same, and only it has letter "C"

The Fifth Horseman 27-02-2007 11:32 AM

Is the directory where you placed v1.13 the same where you previously had v1.10?

kluedo33 27-02-2007 12:44 PM

Horseman, thank you very much by your aid.
The version 1.13z already works recording the archives in a CD, but it continues breaking when Micky leaves, giving an error by something of SOUNDSEEK. ?ŋ
I like much this game but there is no way to make work it.
Thanks.

The Fifth Horseman 27-02-2007 12:52 PM

This indicates the problem might be related to sound effects. Did you try disabling the sound in game's setup utility and then going through the crashing part?

kluedo33 27-02-2007 04:46 PM

now it seems that it works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
I am going to him to use these days although it is without sound to see if it lets give errors.
thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!!! its great!!!!!!

The Fifth Horseman 28-02-2007 12:51 PM

If the problem was with sound, you muight try running the game with enabled sound, BUT through VDMSound rather than in plain Windows.
It's a little similar to DosBox, but much faster (at the cost of less extensive emulation), and since you are able to run the game in plain Windows, it should work just as good.

You can download VDMSound from our programs page.
In order for the game to run with VDMSound's default settings, run its config and set soundcard to Sound Blaster 16 (or Sound Blaster Pro / Pro 2, if no option for SB16 is present), IRQ 7, DMA 1 and Adress 220.

Miela 22-03-2007 06:34 PM

Hi! ive just downloaded but im struggeling to get ja:deadly games to work!help :wallbash:

miela 22-03-2007 06:50 PM

When opening dg.exe it says ERROR:cannot open file cd.rom-not installed properly........Help me please!!!!!!!!!!!

The Fifth Horseman 23-03-2007 06:47 AM

This question has been asked - and answered - before. Read the previous posts in this thread.

Guest 24-03-2007 12:23 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Yobor @ Feb 5 2006, 04:08 AM) [snapback]203549[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

If I remember correctly, try to run a different .exe or .bat . It worked for me.
[/b]
How am i supposed to do that?

The Fifth Horseman 26-03-2007 11:47 AM

If you really don't know how to run an EXE or a BAT file, nobody here can help you. Please read a book like "Computers for dummies" first.

TheChosen 28-03-2007 06:00 AM

Im currently busy, so I dont have time to read the whole topic.

The game usually crashes after the third or fourth mission. When the trader talks and show's his goods, the game goes back to Windows. Why?

sys2074 02-06-2007 04:47 AM

Nice to see an active topic going on about JADG, one of my all time favorite games! Yes I even prefer it to JA2!

I would be interested in ripping artwork, especially map tiles from the game so I was wondering if somebody knows how and where these resources are stored. I suppose tiles are stored in DAT/SET00-17 but in what format are they saved?

Paco 22-06-2007 08:51 PM

Is there a german version of JG - DG? because i can't remember if it was out in Germany (and Swiss). I have almost played all of JA Series only DG (see above) and Wildfire (i have the game but no time to play it ;_;).

IMss25 05-07-2007 07:01 AM

Ive tried everything to get this to work, just dont seem to want to.

I installed it with dosbox, everything was fine. I installed it to C:\deadly which was default. All the files seem ok, but everytime i open it up (dg.exe) it goes and says i need the cd. So i looked on here and changed cd.rom but when i looked in there it was already C, so i changed it to the directory in which i installed, that dident work. Am I doing something wrong?

It said change cd.rom with notepad from the letter inside the file from D to C, it said C from default. I tried installing the patch to, no clue how to get it to work, any help would be appricated

mercenary 05-07-2007 11:43 AM

This game is ESA protected, so you probably haven't downloaded it from Abandonia.
There are some other versions out there, but not all of them are working, if you continue breking law you might find working one ;)
PS: Patched won't work for sure.

Braddoc 19-09-2007 03:51 AM

Hello

I bought Deadly Games back in..what, 1995/96? Still got the manual, the 2 CDs, and me and my brother alwasy use the description voice as a running inside joke between us (remember that old 'An M-16 Rifle/in good condition/with/15 bullets..alwasy a barrel of laughs)

Anyways, I re-installed the game after getting DOsBox, and I got that damn crappy CDrom problem as well. Tired pretty much everything, including Mr. franekb's idea.
(Recap:
it may help some of you guys with a cdrom problem
using dosbox, mount your game dir as a cd
like:
mount d /game/dir -t cdrom
where, obviously, "/game/dir" is your true game directory
then try to run the game ))

Of course that didn't land me anywhere.

Then it hit me like a ton of crick; what if I COPIED the contents of the CD in a folder (in my case dd), use that folder as D: (like Mr. franekb explained) and start the game in my game folder (Default c:\DEADLY)

Holy Crap, it worked like a charm.

'Course didn't start a game, I'm just having fun listening to that voice saying "A Machete" over and over again.

Good times!

Oh..and thanks whoever you are, for landing this site, it feels like I went back in time without no DeLorean

Dur 03-10-2007 01:42 PM

Hi, I have a small problem and I'm sorry if it sounds stupid. I went through the entire thread and didn't see a solution for this.

I've installed the patch for JA:DG and started a campaign using the infinite turns option. One small problem, I can't get a mission to end. I've tried bashing every key on the keyboard and no cigar. Help please?

I know all enemies have been cleared out since the turns window is now green. The mission just, won't, end itself. :wallbash:

The Fifth Horseman 03-10-2007 02:31 PM

It's just an idea, but perhaps this particular mission requires you to complete a more specific goal than just wiping out the opposition?

Dur 04-10-2007 02:30 AM

Hi, let me first say thanks for the quick reply, appreciate it a lot.

It's the first mission in the campaign. I had mercs scouring the entire map for any other enemies and there were none. And I did get the confirmation additional dialogue from the merc who offed the final enemy. I can't think of anything else needed to be done in the first mission. All it says is to eliminate all enemies and I'm so sure I did so. :'(

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_fifth_horseman @ Oct 3 2007, 03:31 PM) [snapback]314463[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

It's just an idea, but perhaps this particular mission requires you to complete a more specific goal than just wiping out the opposition?
[/b]

Zombra 15-10-2007 12:48 PM

Trying to get JA:DG to work with sound. I don't have any cd-rom problems or anything like that - I just can't get the sound to work, even with DOSBox or VDMSound. I'd like to think one of those would work - can anyone give me a step-by-step to make sure I'm doing it right?

Thanks in advance - Z :sos:

The Fifth Horseman 15-10-2007 02:10 PM

Run the sound setup. Set it to use Sound Blaster 16, IRQ 7, DMA 1, Adress 220.

Zombra 15-10-2007 08:46 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The Fifth Horseman @ Oct 15 2007, 03:10 PM) [snapback]316248[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Run the sound setup. Set it to use Sound Blaster 16, IRQ 7, DMA 1, Adress 220.
[/b]
No soap. I've run SETSOUND through Windows, through DOSBox, and through VDMSound, and used your setting numbers. The "Test Sound" and "Test Music" functions then work fine, and when I run the batch file, the intro movie has sound, but when the game proper begins (i.e. I get to the main menu), there is no sound.

Any other ideas?

Thanks for the reply though ^_^

Zombra 15-10-2007 09:01 PM

OH MY GOD I'm an idiot. I just figured it out.

For some horrible reason, the default sound settings in game were shut off, and the sound volume turned to 0.

EVERYTHING IS FINE.

Thanks so much for your patience and support.

Gotta run, I have a game to play!

gronvik 09-01-2008 12:05 PM

Hi
I have played the 1.10 of DG for a long time with dosbox, but updated to the
Mounted the cdrom in dosbox, and started. But then a very bad message came up: Sorry - You have an older/incopatible version of EDT\PROF.EDT!
Some help would be usefull.

gronvik 09-01-2008 12:09 PM

No need for help, figured it out.
When i runned the 1.13 install in the DG folder, it did not extract the files into the sub folders but put everything in the "www.games\dg\" folder.

tarator 31-01-2008 06:39 AM

Suddenly I lost all my save files because of a virus cleaning process. Now I want to go quickly to the level I have progressed until now. I decided to use cheat codes. I learned how to do it: "hold ctrl and type iguana in the tactics screen"
actually i do not know what the tactics screen is. in the main screen, i try to type the word but it doesn't work. any ideas?

The Fifth Horseman 31-01-2008 11:07 AM

Tactics screen -> I think it's either the map screen or the mission screen, if that helps.

tarator 31-01-2008 04:04 PM

Thank you very much, but it didn't work. Map screen is explicitly identified as "map screen", so it can't be. But I still tried both, but no result...

jayce1983 15-04-2008 11:44 AM

looking for the game, download link not working

seem to have some torubles downloading the game from the link at the top of the thread. Itsays review and downloads, but the download gif image doesn't activate any link. Its just a gif image. I know I can more than likely get a better version of internet explorer or even firefox, but i'd rather not. I tried finding the link through the source code but am not quite experienced enough in that field to actually find the link.

---in short---
can anyone redirect or send me a copy of the aforementioned game? would greatly appreciate it.

GTX2GvO 15-04-2008 11:58 AM

Sorry Jayce.
But his is a NO GO.

The game is protected by it's makers and is thus NOT Legal to share.
And you won't get links to other sites for it, cause that will put Abandonia out of busyness.

As in ESA will take down abandonia, if it allowed you to download these protected games.

Anapaest 15-04-2008 07:28 PM

jayce1983, you might want to try "Jagged Alliance" (Deadly Games Prequel) instead, which is downloadable.

barakhanin 14-10-2008 07:28 PM

there is no download icon

so as a result i can't download the game (jagged alliance - deadly games).
can you make it possible?

barakhanin 14-10-2008 07:31 PM

didn't see the messages above

i understand there wasn't supposed to be a link. thanks anyway.

Eagle of Fire 14-10-2008 10:43 PM

That's good you managed to figure it out by yourself. Because of that we'll forgive you for this one. :amused:

The Fifth Horseman 06-11-2008 10:22 AM

As this game is now sold on GOG.com, the download has been removed.

Capo 07-11-2008 04:25 PM

Aaarrgggggggg

DoomYoshi 07-11-2008 04:51 PM

This game is not available until Nov 11th. I am pretty sure it wasn't available here for a while.
Quote:

As this game is now sold on GOG.com, the download has been removed.

The Fifth Horseman 07-11-2008 05:01 PM

*shrug*
I just go by the list on the GOG store.

oldashanti 12-11-2008 11:11 AM

i bought it on gog.com yesterday. runs just perfect with Windows xp. this is so cool. let the fun begin again :o) tks gog!! :thumbs:

i still do have some 50 extra maps. couldnt find em today in the net. hope these are still available for everybody. if someone is interested let me know. maybe something can be worked out. im not a pro in loading stuff up into the net but well see.

The Fifth Horseman 12-11-2008 11:33 AM

We'd be definitely interested (and I believe GOG would also be).

oldashanti 12-11-2008 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman (Post 342205)
We'd be definitely interested (and I believe GOG would also be).

wow. did not expect an answer this fast. good to see there are more people that love this game like i do. first: english is not my native tounge. let me know if i need to explain some of my stutter.

i do have these missions/maps stored on CD. most are out of the net, 6 or 7 are made by me and a friend of mine. how to do it? should i mail gog and figure out a way? i could send one CD to one of you guys that is able to load em up someway. im open to suggestions.

The Fifth Horseman 12-11-2008 12:40 PM

How many MB do these maps take on the CD?

oldashanti 12-11-2008 12:45 PM

cant tell while at work. ill check when im at home and let you know.

DoomYoshi 13-11-2008 11:42 PM

I am also interested.

sgtboat 14-11-2008 02:53 PM

I love Guns

Quote:

Originally Posted by LotharGR (Post 817)

:doh:I am sorry to correct you but the russian tokarev is a 7.62x14 round and the chinese narinko (spelling?) is also a 7.62x14. I owned both at one time and finding ammunition was a chore. But they do exist.:max:

Capo 03-10-2009 05:07 PM

This is an expansion pack for Jagged alliance 1 or jagged alliance 2 :hypno:

Luchsen 03-10-2009 05:35 PM

It's a stand-alone game.

Capo 04-10-2009 03:08 PM

Ah, is a shame that JA2 is not present in abandonia :(

Capo 17-11-2009 04:31 PM

Someone knows how many mission there are in the main campaign ?

esgmaster 18-11-2009 07:28 AM

I think 35, but it's somewhere in the 30-40 range. maybe 50s.

Capo 18-11-2009 03:44 PM

50 ? Arrgggggggggg :cry:

esgmaster 19-11-2009 10:37 PM

I looked at the file, 31 is the number of missions. Sorry, just reinstalled it. :headslap:

Capo 20-11-2009 04:19 PM

Thats much better :)

LuCypher 25-01-2011 09:15 PM

solution

Quote:

Originally Posted by kluedo33 (Post 273472)
I do not use DosBox, version 1.10 run well in xp and in dosbox it goes to me very slow.
But the 1,10 it gives the error "abnormal exit" when it appears Miki in campain.
And the version 1.13z gives to error with the file cd.rom
Sorry my English, I am of Spain

Fix 1.13 is necessary to fix Micky problem. (http://dlh.net/cgi-bin/patdl.cgi?lan...file=dg113.zip)
Fixing problem with cdrom is very simple if you are using dosbox:
1. Download image of a game cd (iso file). You can download it from here (Do Not Link to games that are Protected.)
2. Mount it with Deamon tools in your system. (lets say it will be drive E)
3. Mount it in your dosbox "mount e e:\"
4. Change the letter in cd.rom file to match appropriate letter (in this example E)
5. Start game in dosbox. Game should work fine.

Phreeze_lu 15-06-2011 06:59 PM

even with the patch correctly applied, i get an error:
"unable to load panel graphics
Error code: -1
Hit any key to exit ..."

cdrom was mounted

using dosbox 0.74

Crusader2010 17-01-2013 06:12 AM

how to make it work - No cd solution for 1.13 patch

Nothing that was written here helped me make the game run without cdrom with patch 1.13 (under dosbox, from windows 7). So here's what i did to make it work:

1. Make sure you have the archive of JA: DG and !NOT! the first JA. This file has around 8MB when archived with winrar. You don't need anything else.
2. Make sure you have extracted the JA: DG files in a folder (ex: d:\Games\JADG).
3. Into dosbox mount your game folder. Something like "mount d d:\games\JADG"
4. Run the micpatch.bat that copies some files from the "gus" folder into the "mic" folder
5. Run the DG113.exe patch file and overwrite anything specified.
6. Do a second mount like "mount e d:\games\JADG -t cdrom" (yes, the same folder!!)
7. Copy PROF.EDT from main folder (d:\games\jadg) into EDT subfolder (d:\games\jadg\edt) and overwrite if asked.
8. Under windows, edit the file "cd.rom" with notepad and write there "E:\". This must correspond to the drive into which you mounted at step 6.
9. Press CTRL+F4 in dosbox to refresh the cache and see the modifications done under windows.
10. Type "dg" under dosbox and play!

Anything else i've tried either made the game ask for a cdrom, or it worked but i couldn't play single player (only the multiplayer menu item was there).

The current time is 06:18 AM (GMT)