Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Jagged Alliance - Deadly Games (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=103)

arg 21-12-2004 11:44 PM

where the heck do you find the cd.rom file?????

Guest 21-12-2004 11:53 PM

the problem I have is that the file "cd.rom" is a realplayer file or something.......
:crazy:

Reverend 24-12-2004 10:45 AM

Just downloaded Deadly Games, changed the letter in Cd.Rom file from D to C and still nothing... tru dosbox and xp still asking for bloody CDRom

Its giving me "PROBLEM READING CDRom - PLEASE CHECK" or something like that... its not a problem in reading CD.ROM but simply CDRom...

PLEASE HELP..
I NEED TO PLAY THIS GAME!!! :help:

Reverend 26-12-2004 12:48 PM

OK! I solved d darned problem... had extracted tru a crappy version of winzip and for some reason whatsoever files were not subdivided into folders... god knows why... now i can play the game and it friggen rocks... :rifle: :sniper:

Now I'd love to get JA2.. if anyone knows where i can get that... the_mangler4u@hotmail.com

Simon fan 03-01-2005 02:15 PM

Hello, I need help with Simon the Sorcerer 2. I run the game under DOS and it's running without problems but I'm not able to SAVE. Can anyone tell me what is wrong?

Borodin 03-01-2005 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Simon fan@Jan 3 2005, 03:15 PM
Hello, I need help with Simon the Sorcerer 2. I run the game under DOS and it's running without problems but I'm not able to SAVE. Can anyone tell me what is wrong?
Simon Fan, Probably the best way to get an answer would be to start with a new thread, appropriately titled, in the right forum. ;)

pisfin 29-01-2005 08:31 AM

It says that I should alter the name of the file cd.rom to make the game work. But what shall I write if I have put the game on the C-drive under C:Games?? lease help, because I really want to play this great game.

Guest 05-02-2005 12:11 AM

yea seriously you change cd.rom to c.rom? i mean, it isn't working, could someone be more specific

Guest 06-02-2005 11:40 AM

I have the same problem.can somebody please explain exactly what one has to do with the CD.ROM file ?
i would be like this: :kosta:

Sammo 08-02-2005 06:22 PM

Man, what a game!!!

I already own this own, as the original JA...but maybe I'll download it anyway, 'cause here in Italy the in-game text was fully translated in a very BAD way (and they did a just slightly better job with the allmighty JA2...)...luckyly, the awesome speech files are there (are there in this download too? :whistle: )!

The only thing which hurts the title a little is the lack of a complex "strategy mode" like the one in the previous episode, but since it was more of a cadeau than a real sequel, well, that's no big complain I guess.
Anyway, that's too bad, since without a full tactical campaign there's less time and occasion to put the less talented members of the roster to good use...and the top dogs are available from day 1, so crap mercs are not needed anyway. (oh, yeah...cannon fodder!) :D.
A shame, since the roster of this ep is the best ever (I just love not-yet-psycho-Buzz, Mouse, Leon Roachburn, not to mension all the losers from the previous ep...), and it was quite funny making the underdogs *almost* in the same league as Magic, Kelly and the rest of the cream. :D
But they still are a great fun even just to keep there and see what their lines are (the "touch other merc" speeches are the top! :cheers: )

One of the best series ever: too bad here in Italy it was very difficult to get AND the lousy job done at translating JA2 prevents you to apply official patches and mods designed for other series.
I'll have to buy JA2 Gold for that...with a credit card and overseas shipping, of course. :angry:

Sammo from Italy

The current time is 05:45 PM (GMT)