Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Jagged Alliance - Deadly Games (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=103)

Guest 24-03-2007 12:23 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Yobor @ Feb 5 2006, 04:08 AM) [snapback]203549[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

If I remember correctly, try to run a different .exe or .bat . It worked for me.
[/b]
How am i supposed to do that?

The Fifth Horseman 26-03-2007 11:47 AM

If you really don't know how to run an EXE or a BAT file, nobody here can help you. Please read a book like "Computers for dummies" first.

TheChosen 28-03-2007 06:00 AM

Im currently busy, so I dont have time to read the whole topic.

The game usually crashes after the third or fourth mission. When the trader talks and show's his goods, the game goes back to Windows. Why?

sys2074 02-06-2007 04:47 AM

Nice to see an active topic going on about JADG, one of my all time favorite games! Yes I even prefer it to JA2!

I would be interested in ripping artwork, especially map tiles from the game so I was wondering if somebody knows how and where these resources are stored. I suppose tiles are stored in DAT/SET00-17 but in what format are they saved?

Paco 22-06-2007 08:51 PM

Is there a german version of JG - DG? because i can't remember if it was out in Germany (and Swiss). I have almost played all of JA Series only DG (see above) and Wildfire (i have the game but no time to play it ;_;).

IMss25 05-07-2007 07:01 AM

Ive tried everything to get this to work, just dont seem to want to.

I installed it with dosbox, everything was fine. I installed it to C:\deadly which was default. All the files seem ok, but everytime i open it up (dg.exe) it goes and says i need the cd. So i looked on here and changed cd.rom but when i looked in there it was already C, so i changed it to the directory in which i installed, that dident work. Am I doing something wrong?

It said change cd.rom with notepad from the letter inside the file from D to C, it said C from default. I tried installing the patch to, no clue how to get it to work, any help would be appricated

mercenary 05-07-2007 11:43 AM

This game is ESA protected, so you probably haven't downloaded it from Abandonia.
There are some other versions out there, but not all of them are working, if you continue breking law you might find working one ;)
PS: Patched won't work for sure.

Braddoc 19-09-2007 03:51 AM

Hello

I bought Deadly Games back in..what, 1995/96? Still got the manual, the 2 CDs, and me and my brother alwasy use the description voice as a running inside joke between us (remember that old 'An M-16 Rifle/in good condition/with/15 bullets..alwasy a barrel of laughs)

Anyways, I re-installed the game after getting DOsBox, and I got that damn crappy CDrom problem as well. Tired pretty much everything, including Mr. franekb's idea.
(Recap:
it may help some of you guys with a cdrom problem
using dosbox, mount your game dir as a cd
like:
mount d /game/dir -t cdrom
where, obviously, "/game/dir" is your true game directory
then try to run the game ))

Of course that didn't land me anywhere.

Then it hit me like a ton of crick; what if I COPIED the contents of the CD in a folder (in my case dd), use that folder as D: (like Mr. franekb explained) and start the game in my game folder (Default c:\DEADLY)

Holy Crap, it worked like a charm.

'Course didn't start a game, I'm just having fun listening to that voice saying "A Machete" over and over again.

Good times!

Oh..and thanks whoever you are, for landing this site, it feels like I went back in time without no DeLorean

Dur 03-10-2007 01:42 PM

Hi, I have a small problem and I'm sorry if it sounds stupid. I went through the entire thread and didn't see a solution for this.

I've installed the patch for JA:DG and started a campaign using the infinite turns option. One small problem, I can't get a mission to end. I've tried bashing every key on the keyboard and no cigar. Help please?

I know all enemies have been cleared out since the turns window is now green. The mission just, won't, end itself. :wallbash:

The Fifth Horseman 03-10-2007 02:31 PM

It's just an idea, but perhaps this particular mission requires you to complete a more specific goal than just wiping out the opposition?

The current time is 09:48 PM (GMT)