Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Caesar II (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=397)

bruno 11-08-2005 12:46 AM

someone can tell me if it is a good game for playing before i download?

Doubler 11-08-2005 10:51 AM

It's a good game. Actually, I said that before; three posts above yours :D
But really, those who disliked the first Caesar should still try this one. It really is a lot better.

Sebatianos 25-11-2005 10:47 AM

Well Caesar was made both for Windows and DOS, so you might wanna run the DOS version under DOSBox. It works flawlessly (just install DOSBox and install the DOS version of Caesar II).

DSmidgy 12-01-2006 03:03 PM

One user contacted me, that the link for dolwnloading PL8 files ain't workin' any more.
So here is a new one.

punch999 12-01-2006 03:09 PM

PL8 what is that?

DSmidgy 12-01-2006 03:16 PM

With these files, battles will work.

Guest_Mike 16-01-2006 03:21 PM

I have a bit of a trouble. I tried to play Caesar 2 i XP but it woulden't work so I downloaded DOSBox. No problem installing and starting the game but I can't use the mouse. Anyone who could help me with this problem?

Guest 22-01-2006 02:13 PM

The sound isn't working for me. What do I have to set at the setsound? I have WinXP and running the game in DOSBox.

Ting51 09-03-2006 03:20 AM

ok, so I scewed up ... posted in the troubleshooting forum , then found this thread.
So, my question is:

Anybody gor the rel 1.1 patch for Dos Version of this game?
Sierra & Impressions no longer support this game ...
Dug it outta my files last week, installed it and am running just fine ...without any problems as most here seem to have.
Sound works, battles work, no video problems.

Here's "my" problem:
When playing campaign mode at the "Impossible" level, you need 20 promotions to become Caesar.
But with Pompous Maximus completing one province for each of yours, and that there are only 36 available provinces, you'll never make the required 20. Now with the patch, this was fixxed. and after becoming Caesar, you could play the "unavailable" provinces that Rome never conquered in real history.
A nice side note: after becoming Caesar and opting "to continue as Caesar" You never get asked for taxes on you personal treasury during game play - usually about 16% of your total wealth. This gives you the oppurtunity to build an enormous personal fortune.

Anyone help here would be greatly appreciated. Always loved this game.

Phantom Imperator 18-03-2006 04:54 AM

Not only do you not have to pay said taxes but the "Emperor" also always regards you as family, ten guesses why:crazy:

What is the largest realistic city everyone has built (realistic as in many blocks and not a "loop" or a "hook-line" city)... My largest is about 25-30 thousand people with no more room to expand

Also A quick question for anybody who can answer Why is C1 listed under strategy and C2 under simulation???

Edit: I forgot to mention that this is one of my favorite cbs of all time! seriously if you don't have a copy and you like the genre you should probably go and buy it, you won't be sorry.

The current time is 10:00 PM (GMT)