Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Cold Cases (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   Frog (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=6729)

Tinuviel 13-08-2005 02:44 PM

Hi there,

Since some time I am searching for a game, i played on an old DOS-Computer when I was younger. That was in the late 80's, early 90's.

It's a game with a frog which I cannot find on the Internet. There were lots of levels in which there was this frog on the ground and severel flies (white points on a black/blue? screen) in the air. The frog had to catch lose flies by jumping and moving. And in each level there was an enemy or a specific danger. For example, I remember a stork, a roll, a snake and so on. In the higher levels these dangers came combinated.

Well, i hope someone remembers this game and can me tell the title and perhaps where I can get it from. I am afraid I lost the floppy disk on which it was :/

Help me!!

A. J. Raffles 13-08-2005 03:48 PM

Could it have been Superfrog by any chance?

Tinuviel 13-08-2005 04:22 PM

No, I am afraid it's not Superfrog. It was'nt that colorful ;). It was only black and white and green I suppose and very very simple. The grafix were'nt very great but I remember that I used to have much fun at playing it and so I want to try it again.

A. J. Raffles 13-08-2005 04:34 PM

Was it a side-scrolling game?

Blood-Pigggy 13-08-2005 06:04 PM

I believe it may be Frog Bog..
Moby Games Entry 1
Moby Games Entry 2

Tinuviel 14-08-2005 10:18 AM

Not side-scrolling, I think. It didn't really scroll, I think. It was only one screensize big.
And this Frog Bog Game is again to colourful. It was so very very simple...

Im getting a bit desperate... searched on google and everywhere but there is'nt anything about this game :-(

A. J. Raffles 14-08-2005 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Tinuviel@Aug 14 2005, 10:18 AM
Not side-scrolling, I think. It didn't really scroll, I think. It was only one screensize big.
And this Frog Bog Game is again to colourful. It was so very very simple...

Im getting a bit desperate... searched on google and everywhere but there is'nt anything about this game :-(

You mean the second link Piggy posted (the one to the Atari version of 1982) is too colourful as well? :blink:

Do you remember what sort of computer it was? And, if you don't mind the question, what country are you from?

Tinuviel 19-08-2005 12:03 PM

No, I think "too colourful" was the wrong expression. It was more like that the whole screen was black, the frog only green lines and the flies white points. Very simple like I said.
Don't know what kind of computer it was :-(.
And I am from Germany

xtomcatx 06-02-2007 02:08 PM

hi
sorry for replying to such an old thread, but i am searching for this game, too and i have a few additional information.
the game was at PC and i think it was only available in german, because i can´t remember a configuration to switch the language and i can remember two level-names.
first level was at an empty room
second level had a blue spiderweb at the upper left an was called "Spinne am Morgen"
in third level there was a moving boot that tried to tread the frog. it was called "Wozu ist die Straße da"

in all levels you had to control the frog with the whole keyboard. XCVBNM the frog only jumped about two centimetres, and QWERTZUIOP, the frog jumped up to the top-border
at the left and right upper corner there were green worms, you had to eat to get more lifes.
and there were red ladybirds flying at the upper part of the screen, that were called "gimmicks" and gave you some additional abilities

Does anyone know this game?

greets
Martin

zaphod_x86 09-02-2007 08:51 AM

Was it real pixelgraphics or more like ASCII/ANSI charactergraphics?

The current time is 05:25 PM (GMT)