Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Tech Corner (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Can Someone Watch What Are You Downloading? (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=1396)

Unknown Hero 23-11-2004 12:26 AM

HI! My friend from Italy told me that he can't download any illegal contents, cuz there are people who can watch if you are downloading illegal contents! Is this true? Can someone really know what are you downloading?
In first place I meant on peer-to-peer downloading. :help:

evilded 23-11-2004 12:43 AM

Echelon...

look it up, you'll be surprised

Caged 23-11-2004 12:59 AM

I've always been curious if people can watch what you are doing on your computer...however, considering the lag I get when on game servers, i doubt they can get very much off of me. That and this lovely part of dial up is that I don't have a static IP addy, therefore, pretty concealed.

Eagle of Fire 23-11-2004 03:24 AM

Your provider knows every single packet you received and sent. Most of the time those informations are not stored, but they do keep some information for a limited time on what you are doing at which place at which time for archiving and informational purpose.

So yes, people can know what you are doing on the internet. Always been so too.

evilded 23-11-2004 04:53 AM

Yes your provider could technically 'see' everything you do online, but whats more disturbing is the ECHELON satelite, to which the CIA will not admit to having.

Im not a conspiricy nut, look it up and youll see...

FreeFreddy 23-11-2004 12:08 PM

In USA there're many things that are preferably hidden from usual people, top secret and all... And not only in USA. You can never know who can see you or not. So if you're not careful, one nice day something ugly could happen... Especially if your part in something illegal is larger. :whistle:

Rogue 23-11-2004 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Unknown Hero@Nov 22 2004, 08:26 PM
HI! My friend from Italy told me that he can't download any illegal contents, cuz there are people who can watch if you are downloading illegal contents! Is this true? Can someone really know what are you downloading?
In first place I meant on peer-to-peer downloading. :help:

Yes, especially if you are married, you have to know that somebody is watching over every move! LOL LOL LOL

What's the point in collecting all the data when most likely your IP changes every time you are on the net? That's why they have big problem catching net-criminals.;)

FreeFreddy 23-11-2004 01:04 PM

It's usually possible to see the real, stationary IP of the computer which never changes. It's another one than the one you see when you dial up, either on modem or DSL-modem.

Rogue 23-11-2004 01:12 PM

There are couple books worth checking. Mostly they are about hacking, and how to protect your self.

If you so much scared, then use proxy server....

Yamcha 23-11-2004 02:05 PM

Here is the solution...There are programs that attach your PC to another server and give him another IP.I think the program is called socksap or something like that I downloaded it (it's free)but i didn't knew how to make it work so I erase it

The current time is 12:58 AM (GMT)