Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Master of Magic (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=649)

Mr. Svinlesha 15-12-2007 10:26 PM

Hey,

I just managed to get the game to work with DOSBox, I've never played it before, it looks like great fun. One question: can I get it to run full-screen? I've scanned the last ten pages or so of this thread but haven't found an answer to that question yet.

Any help greatly appreciated.

S.

Scatty 16-12-2007 06:37 AM

Press ALT+Enter while in DosBox, that should switch it to full screen. Or change the dosbox.conf file with Notepad under:

[sdl]
fullscreen=false

to

[sdl]
fullscreen=true

to start DosBox each time in full screen.

Mr. Svinlesha 16-12-2007 06:51 AM

Great!

Thanks for the tip.

Driderman 17-12-2007 08:10 PM

You guys know what sucks?
Finding spellbooks for a new school of magic AFTER you started researching the Spell Of Mastery. Which will take me another 260 turns to complete, approximately. THEN I can research web :rolleyes:

On another note, my game seems to run slowly, even though I'm using the newest version of dosbox and so forth. I've tried adjusting speed with ctrl+F12 but it's still rather sluggy. Any suggestions?

Scatty 17-12-2007 11:08 PM

Is your computer the newest and fastest too?

Japo 18-12-2007 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driderman (Post 314134)
On another note, my game seems to run slowly, even though I'm using the newest version of dosbox and so forth. I've tried adjusting speed with ctrl+F12 but it's still rather sluggy. Any suggestions?

First of all, use dynamic mode instead of normal for core emulation.

Driderman 18-12-2007 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Japofran (Post 314194)
First of all, use dynamic mode instead of normal for core emulation.

Would it reflect poorly on me if I said I have no idea what you're talking about? :o

Japo 18-12-2007 08:00 PM

Yes you're banned. :P

No, just edit dosbox.conf and change "core=auto" to "core=dynamic", then save. A few games crash sometimes in dynamic mode, but not MoM as far as I know.

There are other things you can do to get more speed, for example setting "aspect=" to "false".

Driderman 18-12-2007 08:46 PM

Right, I did as you said. Not yet sure if there's any change, as I just booted up the game but I'll soon find out. I've encountered a somewhat odd error, to say the least.
I play as High Men and have just built myself a shipyard, wanting to build a galley. But when I click the galley it is shown as an invisible ship and to have all sorts of weird abilities, like regeneration, resistance to all and meld with node, among others. When I leave the city screen, my gold and food are set to 0, my mana to -228!!! and my when I click on my cities I can't access as they register like neutral or enemy cities does.
As long as I don't click the galley there's no problem, but I'd much prefer galleys to triremes... Any ideas?

Scatty 18-12-2007 11:32 PM

That might probably happen if you already can build the paladins. Not sure if that's the reason, because in the latest version of the game you simply can't see any galleys or warships anymore to be selected, but it has to do with too many units to be available for producing and not all of them fit into the selection on the right side. That happens only with High Men and some other race yet, can't remember which right now, all other races have no such problem.
Try to sell the military buildings until you can only build the pike men, and eventually the Wizard's Tower too, and see if that solves the problem with the galley.

The current time is 07:41 AM (GMT)