Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Troubleshooting (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   How To Start? (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=922)

RoCKXX 09-10-2004 07:46 PM

Hi all,

I downloaded several games like civ1 & 2, simcity 1...

I also downloaded the DosBox and mounted the directory, but unfortunately I can not run the downloaded files. Do I have to unpack the downloaded files, because they do not have .exe endings.

Greetz

wormpaul 09-10-2004 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by RoCKXX@Oct 9 2004, 07:46 PM
Hi all,

I also downloaded the DosBox and mounted the directory, but unfortunately I can not run the downloaded files. Do I have to unpack the downloaded files, because they do not have .exe endings.

Greetz

aahhhhhhhhhh...

of course you need to unzip them, then you`ll get the .exe files.

It`s just like when you wanna to take a pee, and asking yourself why the toilet doesn`t get wet???...Do i need to open my zipper?? :not_ok: :not_ok:

Guest 09-10-2004 08:01 PM

Yes, of course, I just didnīt knwo HOW to do. But know I know.

Another question... is it possible to play full screen with dos box?

wormpaul 09-10-2004 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Guest@Oct 9 2004, 08:01 PM
Another question... is it possible to play full screen with dos box?
Yes...when in DOSBOX..

Press ALT + Enter...and you can play full screen, without getting more lagg in game ..(if ya had lagg..)

RoCKXX 09-10-2004 08:05 PM

Thx very much.

Just want to tell you all that this is a great page with a great forum for friends of "oldschool games"

... I already registered now.. :D

wormpaul 09-10-2004 08:07 PM

No worries mate! :bye:

Tom Henrik 10-10-2004 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by wormpaul+Oct 9 2004, 07:49 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (wormpaul @ Oct 9 2004, 07:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-RoCKXX@Oct 9 2004, 07:46 PM
Hi all,

Greetz

aahhhhhhhhhh...

of course you need to unzip them, then you`ll get the .exe files.

It`s just like when you wanna to take a pee, and asking yourself why the toilet doesn`t get wet???...Do i need to open my zipper?? :not_ok: :not_ok: [/b][/quote]
A bit off topic, but it needs to be said.

See how nice and gentle the question is?
See how the answer is?

Wormpaul, this time everything went ok (no-one got hurt), but from now on try to explain things in a friendly way. Not everyone has a big knowlegde of computers. To some people everything related to a computer is new stuff. We even meet some persons who are under the age of 10 asking questions about the games on the site.

People who don't know much about computers are likely to take that comment of yours like an insult, and would leave the site. Bad PR. :not_ok:

Just keep that in mind B)

wormpaul 10-10-2004 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Tom Henrik@Oct 10 2004, 08:31 AM
People who don't know much about computers are likely to take that comment of yours like an insult, and would leave the site. Bad PR. :not_ok:

Just keep that in mind B)

Ai...alright...

When reading it all back maybe i was too hard for the boy or girl...

But now i`m back on my own PC: Sorry RoCKXX if i insult ya, i just tried to make a silly joke..

But from now on, ill will be an :angel: :angel:

FreeFreddy 10-10-2004 08:37 PM

[Off topic mode] And it's time for me to become one again. :angel: [Off topic mode off]

The current time is 02:20 PM (GMT)