Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Return Of The Phantom (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=11572)

Romano 27-08-2006 02:43 PM

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)

paulypoos 27-08-2006 05:31 PM

Ive never heard of this game but it looks rather good, looking forward to playing it. Thanks for all the extra uploads (boxscans, walkthroughs, instructions) youve went to a lot of trouble on this one and its appreciated, cant wait to hear that "organy" music!!!!! :ok:

Frodo 27-08-2006 05:51 PM

Hey Paulypoos :)

THanks for your kind words. I love this game :w00t: , and the organy music just adds to the whole atmosphere. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. :ok:

Stardog 27-08-2006 07:46 PM

I can't get past the copy protection part. The word it asks for never lines up with the PDF.

Page 11, line 6, word 1 for me is "managed", but it's asking for a word starting with "i".

I've tried a few of these and still can't get past.

EDIT: I figured out that you have to look about a line up and try and find the word nearer there instead.

Borodin 27-08-2006 10:37 PM

As I recall, this was the last graphical adventure released by Microprose. I reviewed it years ago, and remember it possessing a great deal of atmosphere for the period.

Frodo 27-08-2006 10:45 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Borodin @ Aug 27 2006, 11:37 PM) [snapback]251301[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

As I recall, this was the last graphical adventure released by Microprose. I reviewed it years ago, and remember it possessing a great deal of atmosphere for the period.
[/b]

Where did you review it? I would be interested in reading your review, and seeing what you thought of it. I agree with you, that it has a lot of atmosphere. :)

good idea oh lord 27-08-2006 11:45 PM

Deleting the advertisement for Rex, Dragon and Bloodnet would have saved 1,5 MB of download. But you probably knew that. :)

Rikje Suede 28-08-2006 01:28 AM

Played this great game about 6 years ago, it rocks! :ok:

red_avatar 28-08-2006 01:54 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Borodin @ Aug 27 2006, 10:37 PM) [snapback]251301[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

[/b]
Nah it wasn't - the last adventure was Dragonsphere (1994). I loved Dragonsphere - amazing graphics, great animation but most of all, a brilliant story.

And finally we can play the game in DOSBOX with speech - it didn't work correctly before.

Adamg 28-08-2006 06:57 AM

Ohhh, I heard this one was good! I guess it is! ^_^ Wow, look at those colors. That has to be some of the best artwork I've ever seen in an adventure game, especially from 1993. It makes Alone In The Dark look drab! :tomato:

Oh, and fantastic work on the review! :ok: Must be one of the best written and complete, if not the best, reviews on any abandonware site!

The current time is 07:17 AM (GMT)