Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Gaming Zone (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Weekly Poll: How do you like an old game to be re-released on digital stores? (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=29023)

Tomekk 02-09-2012 09:24 AM

Original, modified to work on today's computers without any noticeable changes... and well, extras aren't bad. :p So basically what GoG does.

Mighty Midget 02-09-2012 10:30 AM

Original with extras, and I don't really consider a mod to make it work on today's computers a mod as such, more like better availability which is always a good thing.

AdamAdept 03-09-2012 07:14 PM

I don't understand these votes... if you want the original unmodified, why don't you just play it on an emulator?

Scatty 04-09-2012 12:07 PM

Sometimes the option to play the unmodified original on an emulator can be problematic, like for example the very first Fallout game which can give you all kinds of troubles on Windows 7, or even on XP sometimes. Which might require you to play it in VMware or the likes. GoG seems to have modified that game for more modern operating systems / machines, for example, which is a good thing for younger gamers.
Still I voted for the original versions without modifications. For that golden oldie touch and all.

Japo 04-09-2012 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamAdept (Post 445747)
I don't understand these votes... if you want the original unmodified, why don't you just play it on an emulator?

We're contemplating other options than piracy. I know, crazy. :P

HailToNietzsche 05-09-2012 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Japo (Post 445774)
We're contemplating other options than piracy. I know, crazy. :P

:D

Smiling Spectre 06-09-2012 08:38 AM

- I see no reason to have re-release of game in original form. If I so need original form, I will *cough* buy it on Ebay.

- Game with additional goodies have not much more value. You need at least compatibility to modern systems to enjoy it. And GoG does it right. But... it's still the same old game. Paradoxically, it makes it different from original. If you are, of course, doesn't have this old 640x480 monitor and washed memory about games on 2048 resolution. Otherwise - the same game will have totally different initial impression, that ruined somewhat the goal of such re-publishing.

- Graphic remake and total remake are the best way, as for me, to make games right. Graphic - to save old impressions but give it "right". Total - to see new taste in old dish. Of course, it must be "right" remake too. There is no use to make Tex Murphy in Looney Tunes style, and Enthomorph with photorealistic graphics.

So, for saving old games, I am all in "graphic remakes". And for delivering something new for me, I am in total remake. Voted for total (and, obviously, I am only one :D

Capo 06-09-2012 04:01 PM

:oh:

The current time is 03:09 PM (GMT)