Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Mêlée Island (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Counter Strike 2d. - Frag Festing (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=10000)

SixApes 23-04-2006 11:57 PM

Anyone want to play CounterStrike2D?
Ill be hosting a dedicated server. If your interested, come on in. The more players sign up, the better.
Client :
CounterStrike 2D Client

Game Channel:
Chat

_r.u.s.s. 24-04-2006 07:34 AM

at last!
i always wanted to play with somebody :w00t:
when will oyu be able to play? i will probably be in friday

SixApes 24-04-2006 12:38 PM

Friday is good. The Dedicated host is running. It is located at -------->

metro.game-host.org

Anyone want to play before friday? Im in.

The Fifth Horseman 24-04-2006 01:22 PM

Umm... would you mind giving us some more info on the game itself?

SixApes 24-04-2006 01:31 PM

Upon googling CounterStrike2D, you could easily find a slew of information relating to this game. Im not going to write a review for something that has been documented on. I will, however, state the basics for those with possible interest in playing;

Counterstrike 2D is a top down(Gauntlet Style) live action tactical ops game.
There are many modes to play. Deathmatch, CTF, Hostage Recovery....

Its pretty much the same as regular Counter Strike.... only.... you guessed it, 2D.

Items can be purchased at the beginning of each round. Such as Kevlar vest.....

It can be played in windowed or fullscreen mode.

Also, the server I have running is availiable even when I am away. Feel free to use it. Though you can host your own if thats your thing.

Juni Ori 24-04-2006 01:39 PM

Umm... why on earth anybody would want to play this? :blink:

The Fifth Horseman 24-04-2006 01:42 PM

Thanks for the info, SixApes. I supposed it would be something like that.

:D

I feel like playing this one!

SixApes 24-04-2006 01:50 PM

Quote:

Umm... why on earth anybody would want to play this?*
Your on a website dedicated to games "out-of-date", yet there are those of us that enjoy them still despite their 16color graphics.

Whats with these people......

@FifthHourseman
What time can you play FifthHourseman? :sniper:

Juni Ori 24-04-2006 01:57 PM

One of my long-time favorites is ADOM, another is MOO, one of the greatest ever is Colonization... No prob with graphics, I mean that it's been done well with additional dimension, this one has serious problems with getting stuck to walls, etc and one of the most idiotic things: why on earth is the character in the middle of the screen? Why not in bottom or in one of the other borders? Would make wonders to visibility. Perhaps, if this game is once finished, it may be even good, but now... too unfinished.

SixApes 24-04-2006 02:19 PM

The latest build doesn't seem to have any issues with wall clipping. At least with those I have allready played with. 6 of us total. Maybe with greater numbers on a server it would create problems.

Yeah, its beta. A very playable beta. The only hangup I seem to encounter is the occasional lag when switching maps.

The current time is 10:22 AM (GMT)