Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Blah, blah, blah... (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   How Do You Like Your Coffee? (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=14009)

Icewolf 16-04-2007 01:24 PM

So!

First Poll I ever made!

Tell me about your preferences towards the hot brown water that raises the dead from the bed! :sneaky:

_r.u.s.s. 16-04-2007 01:33 PM

you miss "depents on mood" option :D
when i just came from school or do some work i use to have black coffee with suger but when im "peaceful" mood (like in evenings) i always have both milk and suger.
have anybody tried dark coffee with lemon?

The Fifth Horseman 16-04-2007 02:09 PM

With milk (and lots of it) and sugar (two-three teaspoons).

Japo 16-04-2007 04:51 PM

Too few options, in my opinion.

(First things first, lots of sugar.) At least here in Spain we've got two different names for coffee with milk: normal "coffee with milk" and "cut coffee", which has just a bit of milk. The second one would be my default option, but I could go for the first one if I was having breakfast. On the contrary if I have just eaten heavily I'd prefer it black (always with sugar of course), but most likely with some brandy/cognac in it too, that has another name in Spanish which is untranslatable. Also if it's hot in summer we have another certain custom of pouring black coffee into a glass with ice cubes so it gets cold, most foreigners say "eew" the time they hear about it, but believe me it's far nicer than drinking hot coffee when it's 35ºC, actually the flavour is the same just the temperature is different.

Anyway I rarely drink coffee lately, I'm somewhat insomniac. Also I never got into the habit of drinking it every morning. And let's not deny it, it's a drug, albeit very very soft.

Anyway how do I really like my coffee? Irish coffee: brown sugar, whisky and cream. Yum.

Tulac 16-04-2007 05:23 PM

I despise coffee and I feel ill after it, that's why I drink beer when others drink coffee. :D

Mighty Midget 16-04-2007 05:42 PM

Pitch black, black as black can be, black as the Nine, black as the black market, blacker than the Black Sea (which doesn't count for much) or, as Black Adder would've put it: Black as Satan's bottom.

gregor 17-04-2007 08:35 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Japofran @ Apr 16 2007, 04:51 PM) [snapback]287184[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Too few options, in my opinion.

(First things first, lots of sugar.) At least here in Spain we've got two different names for coffee with milk: normal "coffee with milk" and "cut coffee", which has just a bit of milk. The second one would be my default option, but I could go for the first one if I was having breakfast. On the contrary if I have just eaten heavily I'd prefer it black (always with sugar of course), but most likely with some brandy/cognac in it too, that has another name in Spanish which is untranslatable. Also if it's hot in summer we have another certain custom of pouring black coffee into a glass with ice cubes so it gets cold, most foreigners say "eew" the time they hear about it, but believe me it's far nicer than drinking hot coffee when it's 35ºC, actually the flavour is the same just the temperature is different.

Anyway I rarely drink coffee lately, I'm somewhat insomniac. Also I never got into the habit of drinking it every morning. And let's not deny it, it's a drug, albeit very very soft.

Anyway how do I really like my coffee? Irish coffee: brown sugar, whisky and cream. Yum.
[/b]
ice cofee sounds nice. we also add some vanillla ice cream to it. i very rarelly drink cofee. so it has quite a big effect on me.

Tito 17-04-2007 08:59 PM

I love it with milk, Italian style if possible. The best coffee I ever had was a caffe latte in Napoli (Naples in English, I think). With a bit of foam and some powdered chocolate. Mmmmmmmm!!!!!

Also, the ice solo coffee is nice in summer, as Japofran said.

Funny, I wanted to open a thread as this one, but when the Pepsi vs Coke one appeared, I was able to make a love statement towards coffee without need of a new one.

faeornran 18-04-2007 02:32 AM

Ooh, coffee saxon.

I might put a little creamer in from time to time, but I honestly prefer straight up black with a bit of a sweet taste thrown in. It's nice, because you have something that'll calm you down a bit, then you have the sweet taste rush, then the caffeine to wake you up.

Mmm... Yuban.

djp 18-04-2007 03:02 AM

Anything except "designer" coffee!

The current time is 02:31 PM (GMT)