Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   B.A.T. II - The Koshan Conspiracy (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=1788)

wendymaree 18-12-2004 11:16 AM

B.A.T. II - The Koshan Conspiracy

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review

Sebatianos 18-12-2004 11:36 AM

Quote:

unique style
Thanks, but I'm really wondering: "What's so unique about it?"
(I mean as one writer to another - I don't have a literary style for writing reviews do I :blink: )

wendymaree 18-12-2004 11:38 AM

Yes you do, Sebatianos :)

Edit: What I mean is that you have your own style, though not a literary one which wouldn't suit this type of writing anyway.

Sebatianos 18-12-2004 11:48 AM

:wub: :tnx: *gives a cookie to Wendy for doing such a great job updating the site*

Trace 18-12-2004 12:58 PM

Hmmm.
This game would probably be awesome if I could get past the copy protection stage:

"VERIFYING BAT AGENT'S IDENTIFICATION CODE IN BAT II TECHNICAL MANUAL PAGE 09 - LINE 02 - WORD 01"

(Looks at the less then desirable doc that is supposed to be a manual)

"Um..."

Sebatianos 18-12-2004 01:15 PM

Are you plaing the version you downoloaded from the site?
I didn't have to go through any copyright protection.
And about the manual - well it was really hard to find one at all (and I can't write it up mayself - maybe I'll write a walkthrough - because the only one I found was actually for BAT part 1).

Trace 18-12-2004 01:27 PM

I got B.A.T 2 from this website, yes.
Aha! Found the problem; I was loading the game from Koshan.exe, rather then Koshan.bat.
The latter skips the copy protection all-together.

A B.A.T 2 walkthrough would be awesome, I had a look around and couldn't find one either.

panther_512 18-12-2004 02:40 PM

First of all, congratulations for this awesome site. :cheers:
I can't believe the games I find here. I am 27 and as you can imagine many of these games were my favourites at their time! :Brain:
Well, I cannot hear sound in BAT II and it's ashame because I remember its excellent music. :cry: I run the game in DosBox.
I cannot find a setup.exe or setsound.exe or anything like that to configure the soundcard. :ph34r:
Can you help me?

Sebatianos 18-12-2004 03:02 PM

If I remember correctly you can go to the DosBox config file and change the settings. You must change the gus=ture into gus=false. Otherwise the game will think you have more then one souncard and won't work. At least that's what I did and it works like a charm!

panther_512 18-12-2004 03:37 PM

Unfortunately, this didn't help. I changed the gus value to false but again no sound. :help:

Sebatianos 18-12-2004 07:39 PM

I don't know then. I just downloaded (in case there would be something wrong with the updated files) the game and ran it again. The sound worked and the only thing I have done was the change in dosbox config.
Maybe you're using a different version of dosbox? I'm using 0.63.

panther_512 19-12-2004 06:16 AM

OK! That was the problem! :ok:
It was the DosBox version.
I downloaded the latest one 0.63, disabled the gus value and now everything works just perfect.

Thank you Sebatianos, keep up the incredible work! :kosta:

Sebatianos 19-12-2004 09:41 AM

Thank you panther. One question though - why don't you register and join the forum?

Guest 12-02-2005 12:21 PM

hey i was just wondering, i downloaded d-fend v2 but i cant get it to work... when i open the file it says that i havnt configured dosbox's location but the when i click on the dosbox file it reads dos box was not found in this file... how can i get it to work?

Delphis 05-10-2005 02:40 PM

Quick question, how do you actually get to the 'creation' mode? I also don't seem to be able to get out of the credits and into the game. I've tried clicking the mouse and even wonder if the mouse works with dosbox.

I'm running it in dosbox 0.63 under Linux.

I tried running it in VMWare but then the sound doesn't work but I actually can get into the game.

Any pointers?

Guest_guest 28-03-2006 01:49 AM

I'm having the same problem as the previous poster.

Guest_guest 28-03-2006 09:04 PM

Anything?

Sebatianos 29-03-2006 08:59 AM

Well, unfortunately I've no idea how to help you... I'm guessing it's because you use Linux. There might be some compatibility issues, but I just don't know. The thing is, the game works just fine for me under DOSBox, but then again, I'm guessing the DOSBox for windows is somewhat different. I've passed the question on (it's in the troubleshooting forum - you can also post there as a huest - so no need to register).

Jason1701 13-04-2006 07:04 AM

Ok i have a problem with the startup screen your suppose to be able to customize your character but i cant :angry: because the mouse wont show up on the main menu and i cant use the arrows keys to select it anyone else having this problem?

Guest 13-04-2006 08:47 AM

Are you playing in Windows or are you using DOSBox?

Jason1701 13-04-2006 05:13 PM

using dosbox weird thing is when the game starts mouse shows up but not on the main menu

The Fifth Horseman 14-04-2006 11:12 AM

Tried clicking? The mouse should automatically "lock" with the DosBox then. There was also a keyboard combo to force the mouse to "lock", but I don't recall it right now (it's in the DosBox readme, at any rate).

Jason1701 14-04-2006 08:45 PM

ok i have kinda given up on the whole being able to create an agent but can anyone tell me how the combat system works i cant find a walkthrough and i just cant seem to figure it out

Guest_Darkmatter 05-05-2006 04:02 PM

First, the mouse not showing up in the first screen is normal, to create an agent you click first the RMB then the LMB.

How do i program the b.o.b. thingy? i wanna make programs

Egguk 28-09-2006 01:59 PM

I remember this game when it came out for my Atari ST, I should search the grage im sure its still in there with the original manual. As for programming BOB If I remember right it was fairly simple, you made simple logic circuits, i remember making a translator. I will find the manual and see.

Guest 13-11-2006 03:40 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jason1701 @ Apr 14 2006, 08:45 PM) [snapback]222120[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

ok i have kinda given up on the whole being able to create an agent but can anyone tell me how the combat system works i cant find a walkthrough and i just cant seem to figure it out
[/b]

the combat system has 2 layouts arcade and stratagy this can be changed in the options menu while
your roaming around

when your in the arcade combat mode if your currently holding a firearm there will be a big crosshair on the screen
to change your gun or retreat just right click the mouse

if you have sucessfully killed all of your attackers wait untill there is a big white x over there pictures
then press the retreat button

if you wish to pick up the attackers invantory stay at the location where you killed him
and go in to your items menu and press the magnafying glass button a bunch of times
and pick up his stuff

good luck and happy playing

ICEMAN 222

Guest_MoD_* 15-08-2007 07:41 PM

hey there!

i know im kinda very late.. i played this game in the mid 90s for the first time and totally fell in lov with it but every time i played it i got stuck when it came to stealing the first title (if i remember the term right..) from the bank.. i broke into he building and everything but just was unable to grab the stuff laying right in front of me.. im redowloading the game right now and ill give it another try.. anybody got a hint for me or did that walkthrough project ever finish?

Guest_MoD_* 17-08-2007 01:04 AM

nevermind, i finally realized my mistake.. but, another question: did ANY of you ever solve that final door circuit riddle? it seems to be bare of any logic to me and i tried like a hundret times now... any clues?

Luchsen 31-01-2008 06:03 PM

B.A.T. II - The Koshan Conspiracy is not protected anymore and so downloadable again.

Ermuli 01-02-2008 01:13 PM

I might upload the ISO CD version later.

jules-boo 16-03-2009 02:58 AM

B.A.T. II ~ Simple Tip

Right from the very first screen in this Cyberpunk Adventure, don't forget to search..this is done by clicking on th magnifiying glass icon inside th box...click-click-click...on the opening screen at th Central Transit station I found a bag with some valuable goodies such as high-powered weaponry and I've found Kredits (as in money) all over th place...do yourself a favour and don't just use the default character...with a little bit of effort you can tailor th gameplay to your likeing by adjusting attributes eg. if you prefer action go for force, if you prefer strategy, go for Charm and Intelligence. And, finally, make sure you do some creative programming with B.O.B...this last tip will totally alter th game and you will discover what an incredibly deep world you have entered...

rdgriffiniii 27-07-2009 03:27 PM

here is a site that has a basic hint-like walkthrough:

http://snarkdreams.com/personal/koshan.html

Adenosine 05-08-2010 07:00 PM

This game could potentially be one of the best games Abandonia hast to offer BUT it really , really needs a manual.
Isn't there someone on this site who is in posession of the original and would be kind enough to share a scan of said games' manual with us?

I'd love to play this game but without a manual , it's just impossible ... :no:

hughie522 14-08-2010 02:26 AM

I'd love to play this game, but can't get past the copy protection.

The low rating on Abandonia makes me think a lot of people are having the same problem :P.

I'm running it in the latest version of DOSBox.

Any tips/advice?

DarthHelmet86 14-08-2010 03:04 AM

What trouble are you having with the copy protection? Having just tried it, all I had to do was press enter and then the game started.

Geezer 14-08-2010 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adenosine (Post 411156)
This game could potentially be one of the best games Abandonia hast to offer BUT it really , really needs a manual.
Isn't there someone on this site who is in posession of the original and would be kind enough to share a scan of said games' manual with us?

I'd love to play this game but without a manual , it's just impossible ... :no:

Pretty sure I can dig this one up.

guest 31-08-2010 11:21 PM

downloaded bat 2 from the following address

(PC) B.A.T. II - The Koshan Conspiracy (1-CD) (1992)

used dosbox 0.74

unzip the file and mount the bin/cue (i used deamon tools)

used the following commands to install in dosbox, yous will be abit different depending on your dirve/folder names

mount c c:\oldgames (oldgames being the folder i created on c)
mount x g:\ -t cdrom
x:\
install

follow the install instructions

to play after you have installed

you need to keep the bin/cue mounted on deamon tools

in dosbox

mount c c:\oldgames
mount x g:\ -t cdrom
c:\
cd kcd
kcd

you can play, save/load games.

no protection problems

may not be the best way to get it working, but i can live with it :)

Adenosine 04-09-2010 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geezer (Post 411802)
Pretty sure I can dig this one up.

That'd be great! :max:

Adenosine 24-09-2010 01:31 PM

Hate to trouble you guys again , but I am still in desperate need for a manual or at least some kind of documentation that explains the basic game mechanics.
So far I've had no luck searching for one and I just can't get my head around this game like this:no:

Lazy Lion 24-09-2010 04:22 PM

There is a manual...
http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/364 under extras

Normally I donŽt like adventures but this one seems interesting, the screens look _awesome_
IŽll have to try it some time

Adenosine 24-09-2010 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy Lion (Post 414402)
There is a manual...
http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/364 under extras

Normally I donŽt like adventures but this one seems interesting, the screens look _awesome_
IŽll have to try it some time

No it's not.
If you actually read this you will find out it's just a hint file some guy threw together.
It's definitely not the original manual , which is what I would really like to get my hands on.

PhantomV48 04-02-2011 08:19 PM

OK, so I had this game on CD-Rom. Great game, of course. There's was this weird read me/manual program thing, from what I remember, and it had this really neat bit of lounge piano bar music with it. I'm dying to hear that again; as far as I know, it isn't included in the version here. If someone would post the ISO of the disc, or even just an MP3 (or MOD if that's what that particular bit of music came in), I would be greatly appreciative.

hitchi 08-04-2011 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhantomV48 (Post 422384)
OK, so I had this game on CD-Rom. Great game, of course. There's was this weird read me/manual program thing, from what I remember, and it had this really neat bit of lounge piano bar music with it. I'm dying to hear that again; as far as I know, it isn't included in the version here. If someone would post the ISO of the disc, or even just an MP3 (or MOD if that's what that particular bit of music came in), I would be greatly appreciative.

The Koshan Conspiracy music is here:
http://www.emuparadise.org/GameBase%....A.T.%20II.zip

hitchi

hitchi 08-04-2011 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hitchi (Post 425806)
The Koshan Conspiracy music is here:
http://www.emuparadise.org/GameBase%....A.T.%20II.zip

hitchi

Here's a better version:

http://files.exotica.org.uk/?file=ex...%2FB_A_T_2.lha

Great music!

slx 26-07-2019 12:28 AM

Is the CD version of this game not available anymore?

Smiling Spectre 26-07-2019 12:57 PM

It never was.

But Archive.org have it, for example.

dominikabra 18-09-2023 12:44 PM

In order to access the "CREATION" screen at the beginning of the game, right click your mouse and it will highlight the option. Then left click and it will activate the character creation screen. Hope this helps someone.

BTW, the game is a bit picky on the DOSBOX version. If it doesn't load or misbehaves, try another version or fork (ECE, PURE, X, etc.)

The current time is 08:47 PM (GMT)